Prediction Which player from your team improves the most in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy. A VFL player at Melbourne, but at the Swans he'll be a star!

Mitch Lewis, he has shown in patches how brilliant he can be but I predict in 2024 with more support around him he will be ble to pull it all together and move on to be a genuine Coleman threat.

We have a few names which we could expect big improvements, here is my top 5:

1. Mitch Lewis
2. Changkuoth Jiath
3. Connor Macdonald
4. Josh Ward
5. Jai Serong

Despite kicking 33 goals, Bobby Hill filtered in and out of games significantly and you really felt he was only scratching the surface of his full potential. Granted he doesn't play a role that will allow him to impact for four quarters, but his finals series suggests he still has so much to fill out, and he can become a 45-50 goal who gets wing minutes. The most likely Pie to step up to another level.

From our reserves, we're all very excited to see what Ed Allan has in store after a second pre-season, and Reef McInnes might finally crack in as a permanent medium forward option.

Sam Naismith

Every Swans fan hopes the best for big Sam In his time with the Tigers.

With a solid season under his belt at the mighty Borough, Sam will have confidence in his body and will be an asset .

Every Swans fan hopes the best for big Sam In his time with the Tigers.

With a solid season under his belt at the mighty Borough, Sam will have confidence in his body and will be an asset .
Should Nankervis be nervous that history may repeat itself again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Naismith

Loved him at the swans. Horrible luck ruined his time with us.

Would love to see this come true

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have a few names which we could expect big improvements, here is my top 5:

1. Mitch Lewis
2. Changkuoth Jiath
3. Connor Macdonald
4. Josh Ward
5. Jai Serong
Sam Butler looks a different player this year and is going step for step with the best runners at the club. Could be a big year for him.

Mitch Lewis, he has shown in patches how brilliant he can be but I predict in 2024 with more support around him he will be ble to pull it all together and move on to be a genuine Coleman threat.

You are not serious are you ?

Coleman threat ?

Lol

You are not serious are you ?

Coleman threat ?

Lol
Not sure why that would be funny. Larkey nearly won the coleman this year and the two players have tracked eachother pretty closely throughout their careers, arguably with Lewis being better and Larkey being healthier. Lewis also has the advantage of what will presumably be a better team, especially in the midfield.

The only real question is whether he can stay on the park.

Not sure why that would be funny. Larkey nearly won the coleman this year and the two players have tracked eachother pretty closely throughout their careers, arguably with Lewis being better and Larkey being healthier. Lewis also has the advantage of what will presumably be a better team, especially in the midfield.

The only real question is whether he can stay on the park.

On what basis is Mitch Lewis better than Larkey ?

Too many talented KPFs in the league well ahead of Lewis anyway.

It's really impossible to imagine a scenario where Lewis kicks more goals than Curnow, Tex, Oscar Allen and yes Larkey next season..

On what basis is Mitch Lewis better than Larkey ?

Too many talented KPFs in the league well ahead of Lewis anyway.

It's really impossible to imagine a scenario where Lewis kicks more goals than Curnow, Tex, Oscar Allen and yes Larkey next season..
Marks, contested marks, disposals, kicks, ground ball gets, tackles, pressure acts, and just about everything else you can measure but actual accuracy/efficiency. He has an accurate year and he is right on target (again assuming he stays on the field).

One interesting thing taking a deep dive into his stats is, despite playing very similarly, Larkey gets almost double the free kicks. Must be nice.

All stats are over their respective careers.

Ollie Hollands

Appears to be shadowing Walsh in the midfield this preseason which will accelerate his development. I’m expecting him to get some minutes on the ball - not heaps, but a rotation to give us more two way run. From what I can gather, he is being earmarked for leadership within the club as well. I’m excited to see what he can do in his second year.

Last edited:
One interesting thing taking a deep dive into his stats is, despite playing very similarly, Larkey gets almost double the free kicks. Must be nice.
Bloody hell, poor old Nick Larkey was a one man forward line for us at times this season, he was double-teamed a ton and was our only target for much of the year, which will obviously lead to more free kicks. Despite that managed to have a great year with an AA selection and muppets like you still manage to reduce it down to garbage like this.

Mitch Lewis barely managed to kick half the goals of Larkey this year despite playing only 8 less games and did it in a much more competitive Hawks team.

Bloody hell, poor old Nick Larkey was a one man forward line for us at times this season, he was double-teamed a ton and was our only target for much of the year, which will obviously lead to more free kicks. Despite that managed to have a great year with an AA selection and muppets like you still manage to reduce it down to garbage like this.

Mitch Lewis barely managed to kick half the goals of Larkey this year despite playing only 8 less games and did it in a much more competitive Hawks team.
Larkey was absolutely incredible. I am astounded at how well he did in that team. We aren't actually disagreeing here.

Was just about first picked for the AA in my book.

The huge number of free kicks wasn't just this year though. It was over his whole career. He has always gotten dramatically more than Lewis.

Oh, and larkey had 3.4 goals and assists per game in 2023. Lewis had 3.2. The difference was minuscule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back