Fall and Fall of Big Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if would be feasible to add 2 teams from NZ to the comp?

Make it a 10 team league everyone plays each other once then then the finals.

Condense the season into 3-4 weeks in January once the tests have finished and hopefully it’ll encourage high calibre players from the touring teams to sign up for the comp for an extra few weeks in Aus/NZ.
If the Oz and Kiwi boards could work their schedules together maybe the two finalists of the respective T20 competitions could play off for a trans Tasman championship.

I wonder if would be feasible to add 2 teams from NZ to the comp?

Make it a 10 team league everyone plays each other once then then the finals.

Condense the season into 3-4 weeks in January once the tests have finished and hopefully it’ll encourage high calibre players from the touring teams to sign up for the comp for an extra few weeks in Aus/NZ.

I think the length of the tournament is fine and there is value in pre Chritmas games. Bad weather just ruined a few games. Day 4 and 5 of the Perh test should had games schedules as well.

It'll be interesting to see the crowds once teams (Renegades, Strikers and Thunder in particular, one more loss virtually kills them) are out of finals contention. Hurricanes can't really lose a game from here on either if they want to make it.

If the Oz and Kiwi boards could work their schedules together maybe the two finalists of the respective T20 competitions could play off for a trans Tasman championship.
and then how long until they give up on it like the annual Chappell-Hadlee ODI series?

Criticising the indigenous shirts?

Charming.
I’ll take up 2 things with your straw man comment.. 1- I make no mention of the indigenous shirts. The comment was regarding the stock standard wiggles-like uniforms across the board and 2- if the comment was toward the indigenous designs, are they that sacrosanct that one is not allowed to not like the look them?

Realistically there's only one team that can knock the Stars or Sixers out of the 4 now in Hobart, which isn't what you want at this stage of the tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of staggering the #bbl double ups?

1. Heat v Scorchers - Jan 10 and 13
2. Strikers v Hurricanes - Jan 9 and 11
3. Scorchers v Strikers - Jan 5 and 3
4. Heat v Sixers - Jan 1 and 3

Why not have each team play their 3 double up games before Christmas and then the other games after that?

I think having a Derby in each state prior to Christmas would help drum up support early in the season.

Last edited:
I don't put any faith in crowd numbers. To be blunt - they're made up.
And you have no idea how many thousands of tickets are given away.

aren't you the one who criticised the BBL for having no crowds? Now that there have been some strong crowds, you say it doesn't count because they are all "free"

You have no proof of what you say regardless. Complementary tickets are given out for most sporting events. These are for sponsors, family + friends and advertising promotions. People still have to make an effort to turn up. A lot of complementary are not used because people can't be bothered.

I don't put any faith in crowd numbers. To be blunt - they're made up.
And you have no idea how many thousands of tickets are given away.

I don't know about other states but I go to Adelaide Oval on a regular basis for football and Cricket. The Strikers crowds of 20,000+ and 42,000+ looked about right to me.

The only crowd number that hasn't looked about right was the AFLW Grand Final a few years back.

Why is Big Bash now using a bat-twirl instead of a coin toss?
They have since 18/19.

I've never understood why people lose their minds over this. It's an obvious throwback to how we all did it in the backyard, and very, very harmless.

Plus, what's so special about a coin?

They have since 18/19.

I've never understood why people lose their minds over this. It's an obvious throwback to how we all did it in the backyard, and very, very harmless.

Plus, what's so special about a coin?

I have not lost my mind over this. I lost my mind many years ago over something far more trivial.

I see no issue with it. It's a BBL ideocracy that has no impact on the gameplay

I'm only asking why the change. Wouldn't a bat twirl lean more favourbly to the non-face side of the bat as it is lopsided and heavier? It's not that there is anything special about a coin (unless it's a chocolate coin).

I'm only asking why the change. Wouldn't a bat twirl lean more favourbly to the non-face side of the bat as it is lopsided and heavier? It's not that there is anything special about a coin (unless it's a chocolate coin).
I don't know, you could review all the games to see the result

Remove this Banner Ad

Back