Analysis Fantasy questions - AFL Fantasy, SC and DT ask here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Josh Kelly...what are your thoughts on him? He is an absolute jet, third year player and I think definitely capable of taking that next step. I had Steele in my side, but I just made the change to Kelly. What do you think?
Well, most of us GWS fans think that Kelly's about to explode. With Cogs out for a few weeks, he'll shoulder more inside load, and given how he's shaped up in preseason including the JLT matches we're expected him to stand out. Of course, Steele has plenty of upside too, and given a bit more freedom to play inside in a team (i.e. Saints as opposed to his GWS role) he should score well. Don't think you could go wrong with either TBH.

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd expect Taranto will be named on the bench, and he'll probably compete for game time with Hopper (if fit) and/or M. Kennedy - at least for the first few rounds.

Since we are missing both an inside and outside mid, how much time Taranto plays on ball will depend on how we rotate Williams, Smith and Green through the midfield and whether Kelly plays inside and out. If Smith or Green do more mid work, then Taranto (and M Kennedy) will spend more time forward.
Looking at M Kennedy, surely Tarranto will give way for M. Kennedy to stay in, bigger, more experianced.
Tarranto first year surely won't play longer than Kennedy, IIRC, Kennedy can go into the mids?

Like Raymann, I'd pick Taranto but mainly because I saw some clangers from Bam Bam that I didn't see from Tim.
Matt recorded 2, Tim 3, perhaps you were looking away at the time(s) :)

I think they both stay in this week, breakdown of their game stats on the link below, despite being more inside Matt had the higher DE, both played well in a game where their leaders went AWOL.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=25&type=A&pid1=4173&pid2=6333&fid1=S&fid2=S

Edit:
Looking at the stats, Tim was 50% contested, Matt only 38%, appearances often deceiving

Last edited:

Two of Tim's were frees against, leaving only one traditional clanger. There were also a few by Matt that wouldn't have been counted - sloppy hand passes that technically weren't straight to a Crow but were definitely to their advantage.

Two of Tim's were frees against, leaving only one traditional clanger. There were also a few by Matt that wouldn't have been counted - sloppy hand passes that technically weren't straight to a Crow but were definitely to their advantage.

That runs counter to his recorded DE, unless they were the only 3 recorded misses which doesn't sound right with 2 clangers?

Putting both the kids games up against Griffen I don't have any issues figuring out the weak link tbh.

Possible Mzungu out Hopper in is the only change, but if they do decide to swing a small axe I think it's important they make the senior players at least as accountable as the kids.

That runs counter to his recorded DE, unless they were the only 3 recorded misses which doesn't sound right with 2 clangers?

I'm really surprised at Kennedy's disposal efficiency, but the clangers don't necessarily come off the disposal count.

Clangers include:
  1. Any disposal or deliberate knock-on that goes directly to an opposition player.
  2. Any free kick conceded
  3. Dropped marks or fumbles under no pressure
  4. 50-metre penalties conceded
  5. A Ball-Up Kick In (Stepping over the line when kicking in after a behind)
Obviously he's fine for #2, #4 and #5 but those clangers could have easily been on #3 (I vaguely recall that?) or the "knock-on" part of #1.

Putting both the kids games up against Griffen I don't have any issues figuring out the weak link tbh.

I agree with that but I don't think we'll see an axe go through the squad anyway. Leon doesn't tend to have kneejerk reactions like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really surprised at Kennedy's disposal efficiency, but the clangers don't necessarily come off the disposal count.

Clangers include:
  1. Any disposal or deliberate knock-on that goes directly to an opposition player.
  2. Any free kick conceded
  3. Dropped marks or fumbles under no pressure
  4. 50-metre penalties conceded
  5. A Ball-Up Kick In (Stepping over the line when kicking in after a behind)
Obviously he's fine for #2, #4 and #5 but those clangers could have easily been on #3 (I vaguely recall that?) or the "knock-on" part of #1.

I agree with that but I don't think we'll see an axe go through the squad anyway. Leon doesn't tend to have kneejerk reactions like that.

True, and I think it's the right approach usually, I would love to read somewhere that the guys were all victim to a stomach bug or something similar the night before, that at least would explain what happened to so many of their performances..

True, and I think it's the right approach usually, I would love to read somewhere that the guys were all victim to a stomach bug or something similar the night before, that at least would explain what happened to so many of their performances..

Cogs and Hopper being out hurt - Ward had a quiet game (his three clearances would've tied for second worst in last year's regular season, after the notorious Collingwood game) and yet again we stalled when we didn't get first hands to the ball.

Lachie being out hurt - it halved our usual pressure release in the middle by running opponents off their legs.

Thankfully we've got a couple of "easier" (not easy) games against GC and NM now, before they come up the Port midfield (which looked really good against Sydney), then Sydney's Kennedy/Hannebery/Parker/Jack collection, and then the Dogs.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

I think they both stay in this week, breakdown of their game stats on the link below, despite being more inside Matt had the higher DE, both played well in a game where their leaders went AWOL.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=25&type=A&pid1=4173&pid2=6333&fid1=S&fid2=S

Edit:
Looking at the stats, Tim was 50% contested, Matt only 38%, appearances often deceiving
:oops:Not knocking Matt and I really think he should stay will grow into a spot now.
That was a beautiful pass to Eddie in from of goal though.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have both Taranto and Kennedy in Fantasy, I think a number of factors partially excuse their poor scoring and so I'll be keeping both unless not named. That said I only half watched the game and was wondering who played more on ball and who everyone thinks will score better against GC, as it looks like 1 will be F6 and the other F7 emergency. thanks

Last edited:
I have both Taranto and Kennedy in Fantasy, I think a number of factors partially excuse their poor scoring and so I'll be keeping both unless not named. That said I only half watched the game and was wondering who played more on ball and who everyone thinks will score better against GC, as it looks like 1 will be D6 and the other D7 emergency. thanks

Impossible to know really, Tim saw more of it and Matt used it better, that could easily reverse this week. At this stage they would definitely not have cemented roles within the team, it would be expected that their responsibilities will vary game to game.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Impossible to know really, Tim saw more of it and Matt used it better, that could easily reverse this week. At this stage they would definitely not have cemented roles within the team, it would be expected that their responsibilities will vary game to game.
might have to flip a coin

ReebusMaximus

Senior List
Jun 4, 2011
Brunswick
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys, wondering what the latest is on Deledio? He's available as a RFA in my draft league with a super deep bench. (2 emergencies per position plus 4 player bench)

Has he started light training yet? Chance we see him before the byes?

Heath Shaw? time to swap him for Taylor Adams. Or, do I need patience?

SC wisdom says that's not only sideways but you are trading in a player after a price rise for a player after a price drop.
Doesn't mean it's wrong, but I'm holding him, any temptation I might have had to trade was wiped out on the news that Gawn is gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back