Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Us victorian clubs need to confront the AFL on this matter, father son rule should always trump academy rules.

As it is now, it makes a joke of the academy system.
A father son in the draft has to nominate the club, so it doesn't matter that he's academy or not if he doesn't nominate us.

Richo used to hit the scoreboard too.

Unfortunately he was usually aiming for the goals 😂
Richardson kicked 2 yesterday as Oakleigh won by 9 points over Tasmania

Jack eligible 2026
Max eligible 2029
Hudson eligible 2031
FMD by 2032 our side might look like this
Kellaway/?????/Smith
Brown/Gibcus/Treasize
Campbell/McAuliffe/Clark
Coultard/Balta/MRJ
Pickett/Leys/Mansel
Ryan/Sonsie/Pickett
Leys/Leys/Pickett/C.Richarson.

A father son in the draft has to nominate the club, so it doesn't matter that he's academy or not if he doesn't nominate us.
Agreed!

However he then falls to the open draft where you can draft him if you rate him enough.

If the academy wants him they get him cheap and everyone misses out.

F/s more likely to nominate with out academy being a thorn in our sides.

FMD by 2032 our side might look like this
Kellaway/?????/Smith
Brown/Gibcus/Treasize
Campbell/McAuliffe/Clark
Coultard/Balta/MRJ
Pickett/Leys/Mansel
Ryan/Sonsie/Pickett
Leys/Leys/Pickett/C.Richarson.
Shame that none of our draftees between 2024 and 2032 can make the 22.

Jack Leys listed as 182cm 70 kg and DOB 11/05/2008

Was in the best players, playing for Port in the U16 SA Showcase match during gather round.

Also the leading disposal getter for Woodville-West Torrens in round 3 of the SANFL under 16s

Last edited:
3 Leys and 3 Pickett's running around ...

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Bachelor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Richardson and I think about 191cm.

Oakleigh Chargers.

Can’t comment on his play as I’ve not seen his games.

BONUS!

Charlie has a cousin called Callum Smith (2025 eligible.)

Not sure on his basics but, like Charlie, is also a Charger.

Callum is also a grandson of KB’s.
We wouldn't even care about this guy would we? We have no claim to him as a grandson so if we wanted him we'd have to pay.

We never seem to luck out like the Bulldogs who get Academy or F/S guns coming out of their ass...

We wouldn't even care about this guy would we? We have no claim to him as a grandson so if we wanted him we'd have to pay.

We never seem to luck out like the Bulldogs who get Academy or F/S guns coming out of their ass...

It's not luck! The Bulldogs and Bombers have spent time, money and resources on their father sons for 20 years and have justifiably reaped the rewards. Punt Rd started the Matthew Richardson academy 6 months ago so we're a little slow on the uptake. I guess seeing sons of Liberatore, Hunter, West, Cordy, Wallis, Darcy and Croft all drafted and being somewhat successful to out and out champions made the penny drop for someone.

I mean since our peak every single $ over a certain amount was confiscated and given to the welfare clubs. I'm amazed not a single person in authority thought hey they're gonna steal every $ over that amount. Why not spend it on developing players kids or pay for Royce Harts knee surgeries so he doesn't have to sell all his memorabilia. Or pay former champions to mentor our kids. I mean what dyed in the wool supporter/ member would rather see.... $2million??? annually given to pay for stuff for North Melbourne, StKilda, etc.... If I was in charge of the books at Punt Rd and the figure was per se anything over $4,000,000 profit goes to the welfare kitty. Our profit would be $4,000,000.01. I'd rather see the premiership reunions are the biggest parties ever for the old timers than know Nth Melbourne paid out David Noble's contract and the money most likely came from WCE, Collingwood and our success.

It's not luck! The Bulldogs and Bombers have spent time, money and resources on their father sons for 20 years and have justifiably reaped the rewards. Punt Rd started the Matthew Richardson academy 6 months ago so we're a little slow on the uptake. I guess seeing sons of Liberatore, Hunter, West, Cordy, Wallis, Darcy and Croft all drafted and being somewhat successful to out and out champions made the penny drop for someone.

I mean since our peak every single $ over a certain amount was confiscated and given to the welfare clubs. I'm amazed not a single person in authority thought hey they're gonna steal every $ over that amount. Why not spend it on developing players kids or pay for Royce Harts knee surgeries so he doesn't have to sell all his memorabilia. Or pay former champions to mentor our kids. I mean what dyed in the wool supporter/ member would rather see.... $2million??? annually given to pay for stuff for North Melbourne, StKilda, etc.... If I was in charge of the books at Punt Rd and the figure was per se anything over $4,000,000 profit goes to the welfare kitty. Our profit would be $4,000,000.01. I'd rather see the premiership reunions are the biggest parties ever for the old timers than know Nth Melbourne paid out David Noble's contract and the money most likely came from WCE, Collingwood and our success.
While Footscray and the bombers? reaped the rewards we were busy winning flags.

There’s a fair bit of luck involved too not all father sons are any good , kouta has a son ,,,that’s right you’ve never heard of him , bet you won’t see Nathan Buckley kids play footy . It ain’t all black and white ,,,pardon the pun

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back