Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of an update - Bailey Lambert, who GWS can access, said in an interview a while ago that he wants to play for Richmond. Brisbane can't access him as dad didn't play enough games, so he's got to choose between us, GWS or he can go into the draft.
At the moment we don't have to worry about using pick number one, looks like a late one in the draft or a rookie.
I reckon he'll be drafted. What's not to like having a Lambert, Naish and two Riolis drafted in the same four year space?
We had Bowden, Richardson, Roach, Jewell, Bourke, Raines over a very short period of time too. Fat lot of good it did us:(

No, comp finished up a couple of weeks ago. Played a couple games in darwin but was on the islands the rest.
Are you up there? If so do you know if he's taking football seriously? Did you see any of his games or got reports of how he's going?

BvnpU-RCEAAhJ-v.png

Maurice Junior

Gavin Rioli speaks highly of his little brother and said if he ever made it to Richmond it would be fantastic to have 2 Rioli's in yellow & black.

I do recall Dan posted a pic of them together on Instagram calling the young fella a future tiger champ of something.

What have we become that we are pinning our hopes on a kid who's 4-5 years off being drafted:cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you up there? If so do you know if he's taking football seriously? Did you see any of his games or got reports of how he's going?

Up here but missed his one or two games he played in Darwin for the year. Went down a week after he played but he wasn't there. Know the team manager
and he said he killed it the previous game.
Also know a few of his relations (work with one) so trying most times to get info, but really he is still a kid so i guess they arent putting pressure on him.
Pretty sure he likes being on the island.

Up here but missed his one or two games he played in Darwin for the year. Went down a week after he played but he wasn't there. Know the team manager
and he said he killed it the previous game.
Also know a few of his relations (work with one) so trying most times to get info, but really he is still a kid so i guess they arent putting pressure on him.
Pretty sure he likes being on the island.
Thanks mate. Still a few years to go, I'm sure the club are keeping an eye on him.

I do recall Dan posted a pic of them together on Instagram calling the young fella a future tiger champ of something.

What have we become that we are pinning our hopes on a kid who's 4-5 years off being drafted:cry:
Not pinning any hopes. He's the son of one of our greatest players, of course there's interest in him.

MJ has gotten heaps taller since I coached him in the U12s (obviously). I'd say he's on the taller side for a Rioli and I would expect him to grow taller than Daniel, Cyril, etc. Unfortunately you'll have to be very patient with MJ over the next couple of years. He's lived on the Islands his whole life but I'm mates with a lot of his cousins and they tell me he's keen to move to Darwin and/or Victoria eventually to further his schooling and football. Keep in mind that not many people rated Daniel as a draft prospect until a year out and he ended up going first round. So don't panic if we don't hear much about him. He's got good bloodlines and if he receives the right development, he'll certainly be able to play the game. Also for anyone unsure of his age, he is 100% born in 2002, so 14 years old this year. Still a young fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back