Father/Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

The main issue in my mind is whether the "points table" is correct. Ideally I'd also like to see it public so it could be critiqued rather than kept secret as part of the AFL's 11 secret herbs and spices. The NFL has been informally using a draft table for 20-odd years... except it's significantly out of date and those who use it tend to get ripped off by those who have updated their internal points tables. If talent identification improves, for example, and more later picks do well the later picks in the point totals should start increasing over time.

The main issue in my mind is whether the "points table" is correct. Ideally I'd also like to see it public so it could be critiqued rather than kept secret as part of the AFL's 11 secret herbs and spices. The NFL has been informally using a draft table for 20-odd years... except it's significantly out of date and those who use it tend to get ripped off by those who have updated their internal points tables. If talent identification improves, for example, and more later picks do well the later picks in the point totals should start increasing over time.

I linked to something the afl put out in the thread on the main board. Dunno if it's exactly what you're after...

it seems from reports in the paper today the afl are hellbent on ruining father/son recruits & academy graduates ... in regard to the academies one would have to ask 'why bother' if they are too difficult to acquire. and what advantage a father/son when the price is so high.

Academy selections get a 25% discount and father/sons 15% from the points value determined. It's still beneficial to the clubs that have academies as you are still getting under their 'points value'. Not only that, we get priority access to kids who have no go home factor which puts an extra value on those picks.

I linked to something the afl put out in the thread on the main board. Dunno if it's exactly what you're after...

Yep, that's the type of thing I was interested in.

Academy selections get a 25% discount and father/sons 15% from the points value determined. It's still beneficial to the clubs that have academies as you are still getting under their 'points value'. Not only that, we get priority access to kids who have no go home factor which puts an extra value on those picks.

The % has not been determined yet. Still to be discussed with the clubs.

Do we have any potential father sons in the academy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to see bradshaw back at the club !! such a shite thing him at the swans to finish his career and the voss fallout was a shame. good to see the bridge mended !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back