Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

I've tried many beers from many countries, but this is the one I keep coming back to:

product1_28694_600x600.jpg

Spent Saturday afternoon at Coldstream drinking the pale ale, the real ale and porter. All accessible beers for the respective style, would like a bit more hopping in the pale ale, real ale can't recall much and I added some espresso to the porter. Pizza was nice. On way home stopped to pick up some Southern Harvest from SN, Duvel, Proper Job, Sammy Smith porter and some Boon. Can see we were all over the shop.

Spent Saturday afternoon at Coldstream drinking the pale ale, the real ale and porter. All accessible beers for the respective style, would like a bit more hopping in the pale ale, real ale can't recall much and I added some espresso to the porter. Pizza was nice. On way home stopped to pick up some Southern Harvest from SN, Duvel, Proper Job, Sammy Smith porter and some Boon. Can see we were all over the shop.

You're my sort of man. :D

Just on the Hop Hog deathevocation

I found myself craving it recently. Didn't have all the tricks I wanted initially, but it just tastes magnificent for a session beer.

I really like it. Best session I've had on it was at the Taphouse three years back when it was on tap. Probably still is, though it's out of my way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course. One of those that are highly rated yet it doesn't quite connect with me.

I'm not sure why that would be the case. May have to give it another shot as my palate may have been out of whack last year.
I tend to agree about Stone and Wood.

Although I have seen Burleigh 28 around I have yet to try it. Might give it ago.

Sours for hot weather. Especially berliners.

Although if you aren't hombrewing them it gets pretty expensive as a session option.

I'm thinking about trying either Beechworth pale ale from Bridge Road Brewers or Redoak Organic Pale Ale if anyone has some opinions?

I'm thinking about trying either Beechworth pale ale from Bridge Road Brewers or Redoak Organic Pale Ale if anyone has some opinions?

I thought Bridge Road was better than Redoak. I haven't had anything from them for a while, but Redoak had some massive quality control issues.

Btw. Grabbed some Hop Hog a few days ago and it's probably the freshest I've had it from a bottle.
Good to see the new packaging recognises it's not quite a proper IPA as well.

I thought Bridge Road was better than Redoak. I haven't had anything from them for a while, but Redoak had some massive quality control issues.
I ended up getting Bridge Road and was very impressed.

Haven't heard much about Redoak other than someone recommending it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back