Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

My delicate and refined tastebuds can only tolerate the finest of carefully crafted brews. Thus why I live off 30 can blocks of Hammer n Tongs in the summer.

Want a tinny mate'?
Only bottled Tongs is real

Re: Favourite Beer

Anyone got any recommendations for a pub/bar in Melbourne's CBD or the inner suburbs where you can get traditional british real ales (preferably served unpressurised) or in the alternative locally brewed ales with similar characteristics?

Looking for somewhere decent to take my dad for his birthday. He's from the UK and a fan of these types of beers. Good food I guess is a bonus, but is not essential. I'm not really concerned with price, just want to find somewhere quality for a special occasion.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone got any recommendations for a pub/bar in Melbourne's CBD or the inner suburbs where you can get traditional british real ales (preferably served unpressurised) or in the alternative locally brewed ales with similar characteristics?

Looking for somewhere decent to take my dad for his birthday. He's from the UK and a fan of these types of beers. Good food I guess is a bonus, but is not essential. I'm not really concerned with price, just want to find somewhere quality for a special occasion.

Thanks in advance.

Give these bars a call and ask

http://www.bierobar.com.au/ - CBD
http://www.thelocal.com.au/MEL/ - St Kilda

The guys at both these places could chew your ear off for hours talking about beer so just ask them what you're after, if they don't have it chances are they will know someone who will.

I've not been there (have often planned to when in Melb), but the Royston in Richmond appears to have a hand pump beer engine. Not sure what's on that tap though.

http://roystonhotel.com.au/Our_Beer

Anyone tried the new 'Victoria Pale Lager'?

Got a free six pack through work. Holy mother of god, it is awful:eek:
yeah we got the free ones, Ended up getting pinched out of my fridge by my little brother, He then proceeded to say my beer taste was shithouse

Right now im convinced that Feral Beer is probably the best thing in Australia,
Sierra Nevada is also damn good for a Pale Ale, However Dan Murphys flogging cartons at 70 :/

yeah we got the free ones, Ended up getting pinched out of my fridge by my little brother, He then proceeded to say my beer taste was shithouse

Right now im convinced that Feral Beer is probably the best thing in Australia,
Sierra Nevada is also damn good for a Pale Ale, However Dan Murphys flogging cartons at 70 :/

Looked at this last night!...most beers are 20 odd bucks for a 6 but you can get 24 for 60 or so if its a decent draft beer ect

70 was excessive imo

When Fat Yak is not as good but good for 50...im a student

Kinda...i found out about it off a mate, checked it literally straight away and it was unavailable, around 2am.

I only heard about the Coppers though, would have been spewing if i missed the golden ale though!!!

s**t for you but $16 dollar slabs of good beer would have been ace as a student i must say.

My mate got his offer revoked too to get on the point

The thing that sucks is that Coles did honor the offer for earlier purchases. There was a hashtag going around, #OccupyColes, with a photo of a guy holding his reciept and slabs. Not cool :mad:

Anyone got love for Mountain Goat?

Love getting on the Pale Ale, their Hightail Ale is pretty popular aswell, and I havent met someone that doesnt like it. Defently worth a shot. I tried it because I found out it was brewed in Melbourne and it was a Microbrew, but tasted their Pale Ale and it's gold. Anyone that like's Coopers Pale should give it a shot.

Little Creatures isn't a bad drop aswell. :thumbsu:
What kind of wine drinking is not important, important is that mood is a kind of atmosphere, I like a man who has a cheap tattoo ink, the feeling of holding a beer

Going to Tassie with some mates over new years and have come up with a concept, try as many local beers as possible.

In fact ALL of them everyone i can find. M list currently stands at 40-42 depending on some seasonal varieties.

Here it is:

Seven Sheds
-Elephant and Truck
-Kentish Ale
-Paradise Pale
-razzamataz
-Strac Raven Oatmeale Stout
-Willie Warmer
Van Dieman Brewery
-Giblin Imperial Stout
-Hedgerow
-Little hell
-Stacks Bluff
-Jacobs Ladder
-White Hills
-Ragged Jack
The Two Metre Tall Brewery
-Derwent Real Ale
-Forester Real Ale
-Huon Dark Apple Ale
Iron House
-Pilsner
-Pale Ale
-Stout
-Porter
-Lager
-Wheat
Moo Brewery
-Dark Ale
-Pilsener
-Hefeweizen
-Pale Ale
Cascade
-Pale Ale
-Stout-Lager
-First Harvest
-Blonde
-Bitter
-Lager
-Pure
-Premium Lager
-Draught
Boags
-Pure
-Draught
-Premium Lager
-Wizard Smith
- Classic Blonde
-St George
-XXX Ale

Breweries in Bold, i might try and shed some weight with the Cascade and Boags....but then that may be cheating?

Grew up on Coopers so have a soft spot for them but favourite now is ...

bier2421.jpg

Franziskanner >> Hoegaarden IMO. Still both rippers though, love a good wheat beer. Kronenberg blanc is actually alright too, surprisingly.

I've been looking for this? Any idea on where you can get it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anybody noticing beer prices are really creeping up at pubs now. it is not uncommon for me to be charged close to 5 bucks for a pot (and that can be cd)

i enjoy a beverage or many but golly gosh what are they doing to us beer drinkers back pockets!?

Now there can be 2 epic threads :thumbsu:
It once was but now no longer.

My beloved thread from 2008.

Beer unlike most things has stood the test of time on BF.

Had Lagunita's Hop Stoopid Ale last night.

****ing ****. On first taste, too hoppy but became more downable over the evening. Almost too easily downable at 8%. Still ... a really good summer ale.

lagunitas%20hop%20stoopid%20ale.jpg

Enjoying the Hahn Super Dry in cans at the moment. Full size 375ml cans, same price.

Must be a summer thing. Catching blue swimmer crabs, cooking, eating crabs with an ice cold can from the esky :thumbsu:

Also partial to a schofferhofer wheat beer. Watching the test cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back