Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bridge Road Brewery is the best in Aus by some stretch.

No way. Bridge Road is great, and I love that they do their range of single hopped IPAs (they're a brilliant tool for beer education), but in terms of actual beer quality there are a bunch of other breweries doing better stuff. Feral is the obvious one, but there are tons of smaller breweries like Moon Dog, Hopdog Beerworks, Bacchus, Red Duck, Riverside, more than I could even mention.

No way. Bridge Road is great, and I love that they do their range of single hopped IPAs (they're a brilliant tool for beer education), but in terms of actual beer quality there are a bunch of other breweries doing better stuff. Feral is the obvious one, but there are tons of smaller breweries like Moon Dog, Hopdog Beerworks, Bacchus, Red Duck, Riverside, more than I could even mention.

Like I said before, it all comes down to personal tastes. I've had beers from all the ones you've mentioned. Riverside in particular are fantastic.

We're getting pretty spoiled with choice these days. Hurts the wallet a bit too!

Bling on tap and pretty sure I've had Galaxy. Which one should I look out for?

They do a range of single-hopped IPAs which are great for discerning the various hop flavours that are around. Really good for improving your "beer IQ", so to speak. They're doing these "Beer School" 4-packs, each with a different single-hopped IPA, Vic Secret, Galaxy, Ella and Summer. Definitely worth giving them all a try and tasting the difference.

beer_98129.jpg

If this ever comes out in Australia please please please let me know. Had it in a bar in New York ... maybe it's a bit of nostalgia, but probably the nicest I have ever had.

torpedo.png

Terrific beer.
All the rage is for their Pale Ale but this kills it.

Oh, to get my hands on some Pliny the Elder.

A mate of mine bought me a case of it for my 50th birthday - all gone now - it is heavenly nectar

The Australian - Australia's Best Beers

Some interesting ins and some interesting omissions.
I like Stone & Wood but I don't love it. Some have it as Australia's second best beer behind the Feral Hop Hog.

Have to agree that Coopers Pale Ale is the best dumb beer for me. Just so easy although I don't particularly like the new slender bottle.

nzapa500webscaled.png

Just love this beer. Does it for me every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some quality work by the Australian there

Traditionally you are going to go for a pilsener or a wheat beer when the heat kicks in, but the Goat boys have perhaps taken a cue from Byron Bay's Stone & Wood to produce an ale for summer. Light, fruity, boasting wheat malts and grains and it's in a can for convenience.

It is a wheat beer guys. it has wheat malt and unmalted wheat in it.

Anyway, new La Sirene batches are making me super happy.

Favourite beer probably Sol or Corona. I have to tread carefully because certain beers give my head this horrible spaced out feeling which can ruin my fun badly.

If that's the case best stick to what you know.
Some heavy malted or hopped beers can have adverse effects on people.
I have the opposite effect with Corona and that family giving me head-aches.

Maybe the Stone & Wood? Strong Mango taste to it and pretty light.

If that's the case best stick to what you know.
Some heavy malted or hopped beers can have adverse effects on people.
I have the opposite effect with Corona and that family giving me head-aches.

Maybe the Stone & Wood? Strong Mango taste to it and pretty light.

Headaches are awful too, I get them from ciders or jameson with apple, normal apple juice I'm fine with.

I'll give stone & wood a try, is it the pacific ale?

Headaches are awful too, I get them from ciders or jameson with apple, normal apple juice I'm fine with.

I'll give stone & wood a try, is it the pacific ale?

Yes, the Pacific Ale.

Much loved around the country and it's a good beer but just doesn't do it for me the way many others do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back