WTA Fed Cup 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems very suss that the much higher ranked Cornet & Ferro aren't playing instead. If Alja does win this, and Barty/Stosur wins the doubles, they only have themselves to blame lol, but who knows, maybe Alja could've beaten those 2 as well.

Just because it was a horrific tiebreak from Ash, doesn't mean I'm not giving her opponent credit. give me a break, mate.
Barty won something like 15 fed cup games in a row to get Aus. into the final. The first thing you say is that she played the worst tie break in the history of tennis by a no.1. Unfortunately mate, sometimes your opponent is just better, and it was no disgrace to lose that game.

Barty won something like 15 fed cup games in a row to get Aus. into the final. The first thing you say is that she played the worst tie break in the history of tennis by a no.1. Unfortunately mate, sometimes your opponent is just better, and it was no disgrace to lose that game.

Still doesn't change how bad the tie break was but believe what you want to believe...

Still doesn't change how bad the tie break was but believe what you want to believe...

Its ok. I agree with you that Barty played bad and lost that tiebreak with heaps of UFEs.

Its different if Mladenovic was ripping non stop winners/aces etc.

Barty cant play perfect and win every match forever.

Some people just dont like reading any criticism.

Well done Ajla. Molik held her nerve on selection and Benneteau didn't.

Seems very suss that the much higher ranked Cornet & Ferro aren't playing instead. If Alja does win this, and Barty/Stosur wins the doubles, they only have themselves to blame lol, but who knows, maybe Alja could've beaten those 2 as well.

Cornet retired in her last tour match so must not be right. Ferro is straight clay courter. I wonder if Garcia is injured because even though she got creamed by Barty at least playing her would force Tomljanovic to face Garcia's reputation mentally. Garcia former top 5 player after all. I mean if an unseeded Tomljanovic rocked up to a hard court slam and got Parmentier round 1 she would be happy.

Doubles match for the ages coming up. A truck load of GS doubles titles between the four of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

French Open quarterfinalist Kristina Mladenovic has opened up about her split with former doubles partner Caroline Garcia, describing the situation as ‘very sad’.

In a brutally honest interview with sport360.com, Mladenovic criticised her fellow Frenchwoman for lacking the ’courage or human values’ to speak with her directly about the decision to focus on her singles career.

“What really happened is that she just decided that she wanted to stop playing doubles and she just sent me a poor message over the phone,” Mladenovic explained.
“I would have understood any reason she would have given me to stop playing together – anything she would’ve told me I would’ve totally agreed and respected. But she didn’t have the courage or human values to come and talk to me face-to-face and say ‘listen Kiki, I have these goals, I see it like this, I want to stop for that reason’ but that didn’t happen.”

Mladenovic and Garcia enjoyed a successful doubles career together, winning the French Open in 2016. The pair also teamed up in the 2016 Fed Cup final, where France were beaten 3-2 by the Czech Republic.

At Roland Garros 2017 the pair have both reached the quarterfinals, signalling a significant resurgence in the quality of French tennis. However, the relationship between the two remains frosty due to the nature of their split.
“We met in Indian Wells in the ice bath and she was surprised I was actually cold with her. She wanted to know why I was cold and I was like ‘You’re asking me? I know we weren’t necessarily friends outside of the court but at least what we shared and lived through, our beautiful tennis results, you could have at least thought to see me face-to-face and tell me after all we’ve been through. You didn’t do that so I was very disappointed with you and I’m disappointed’.”

Bit of history between the French girls for those unaware.

Awesome that it is a live rubber. I hope we win but Kiki M is on a high with the EOY championships and winning against Barty. Agree to target Garcia in the beginning. Likewise the French will target Stosur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back