Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently bought a Nintendo Switch to go with PS4, planned on giving FIFA a miss this year, but considering getting it for Nintendo Switch, has any of you tried it on NS?

Recently bought a Nintendo Switch to go with PS4, planned on giving FIFA a miss this year, but considering getting it for Nintendo Switch, has any of you tried it on NS?
Haven't tried it but my mate has it, says its deadset the best game he's ever played on it.

This review says otherwise though...

First time getting a real chance to play it properly. Can’t say I really enjoy the ping pong style of play. Unless I’m just shockingly bad at defending? It just seems far to easy to break lines and almost impossible to stop. Still winning games and putting up 4 goals+ but can’t for the life of me keep out less than 2 goals per game. Preferred last years gameplay where it took a bit of time and movement to get through.. not a couple of quick passes through to Auba who’s already goalside of half the defensive line..

First time getting a real chance to play it properly. Can’t say I really enjoy the ping pong style of play. Unless I’m just shockingly bad at defending? It just seems far to easy to break lines and almost impossible to stop. Still winning games and putting up 4 goals+ but can’t for the life of me keep out less than 2 goals per game. Preferred last years gameplay where it took a bit of time and movement to get through.. not a couple of quick passes through to Auba who’s already goalside of half the defensive line..

No the ping pong or tiki taka is normal for FIFA

Last year pace abuse was still just the key, good to have it slightly different this year but it’s always going to have its frustrations.

I play on Switch, it's an interesting experience but that being said I don't have the Pro controller, just the regular controller with 2 joycons combined together. You don't get The Journey or any of the cutscenes in Career Mode as a heads up. Pretty hard to play well on handheld and takes some getting used to with controllers.

No the ping pong or tiki taka is normal for FIFA
Last year pace abuse was still just the key, good to have it slightly different this year but it’s always going to have its frustrations.
Might have been 17 where I enjoyed the gameplay the most. People complain about “Mertesacker being able to chase down Auba”, and to a certain extent yes it is frustrating.. but the alternative is much worse. At least it was taking time to build an attack previously and was much more realistic in terms of long shots and those stupid bicycle kicks that happen every second game. I don’t think the current system works unless they reintroduce some sort of AI defending.. it’s almost impossible to defend an attack where the striker is making a run at top speed and the defensive line is completely stationary.. Physically impossible to get all the players in and moving to the right positions in time and it just becomes a shootout, which is good for an arcade type game (another mode perhaps), but not the main mechanics of the entire game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play on Switch, it's an interesting experience but that being said I don't have the Pro controller, just the regular controller with 2 joycons combined together. You don't get The Journey or any of the cutscenes in Career Mode as a heads up. Pretty hard to play well on handheld and takes some getting used to with controllers.
Cheers
Not too fussed with cut scenes, although does make transfer negotiation easier
Does it still have full database of leagues/players? I've been researching wonderkids and budget signings, looking at doing a Sunderland career mode, get them back into PL

Cheers
Not too fussed with cut scenes, although does make transfer negotiation easier
Does it still have full database of leagues/players? I've been researching wonderkids and budget signings, looking at doing a Sunderland career mode, get them back into PL

As far as I know it does.

Might have been 17 where I enjoyed the gameplay the most. People complain about “Mertesacker being able to chase down Auba”, and to a certain extent yes it is frustrating.. but the alternative is much worse. At least it was taking time to build an attack previously and was much more realistic in terms of long shots and those stupid bicycle kicks that happen every second game. I don’t think the current system works unless they reintroduce some sort of AI defending.. it’s almost impossible to defend an attack where the striker is making a run at top speed and the defensive line is completely stationary.. Physically impossible to get all the players in and moving to the right positions in time and it just becomes a shootout, which is good for an arcade type game (another mode perhaps), but not the main mechanics of the entire game.

17 was pretty good, after the abomination that was 16. 18 is probably my favourite of the last 5 years (playing Griezmann at CAM was freakin amazing for dribbling and goals). I'm a little unsure still about this year and there seem to be a few exploits/cheese ie. picking out Ronaldo for corners. He outjumps pretty much everyone and more often that not it results in a goal. Defenders do dumb ass things like let guys run right past them into space in the box without manning up

2ptdsq.jpg

Yeah I have a lot of issues in some games with players running then not passing, or taking weird touches, or passing the wrong way.
Think I may have found some soft of answer but got no clue how to do it

Button configuration issues/bugs with the software, EA may have changed things on the controls, so new games might clash with older games

Seems I have to delete some folder on a computer then it might reset itself back to normal

Alright here's my shitty little BPL team with Luis and Luiz in it. Sorry for the shitty team but it reads as
Manager: Sarri Formation 442
LS - Aubameyang RS - Lacazette
LM - Richarlison LCM - Fellaini RCM - Dier RM - Fraser
LB - Luís LCB - Luiz RCB - Sakho RB - Zabaleta
Keeper - Pickford​
Thoughts?
Photo on 29-12-18 at 3.55 pm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back