Movie Film Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

D4tV9KH.png

agTFvwl.gif

A Clockwork Orange

Alex's pet snake, Basil, was only added to the film when Stanley Kubrick discovered that Malcolm McDowell was scared of reptiles.

At a costume fitting, McDowell arrived still wearing his cricket whites. Kubrick liked the look of them better than anything else and told McDowell to keep them on. He then asked McDowell if he had anything else and McDowell replied, "My protector. You know, a cup." So he took the jockstrap and box out and wore them over his pants and that's what's in the film.

When Malcolm McDowell met Gene Kelly at a party, the older actor walked away in disgust. He was horrified with the way that his signature song from Singin' In The Rain was used in A Clockwork Orange.

This photo is a still taken from the 1987 comedy 3 Men and a Baby starring Ted Danson. The scene occurs a little over an hour into the film, and features this … cameo … from a little boy watching the scene from the curtains. Problem is, that’s not an actor. Urban legend holds that it’s a ghost of a boy who was killed in the house the film was shot in.

The official explanation is that the “ghost” is a cardboard cutout of Danson’s character. Seems like a “flimsy” (pun intended) explanation at face value since the cardboard cutout doesn’t appear elsewhere in the film. However, a scene cut from the final film establishes that the cutout is a prop used by the character in a commercial. Still, an actual photo of the cutout shows it’s wearing a top hat, which is mysteriously absent in this photo …

On the set of Alferd Hitchcock's 1944 film Lifeboat, actress Tallulah Bankhead would climb a ladder every day to reach the tank where the filming took place. She never wore underwear and regularly received an ovation from the film crew.

Producer David F. Friedman came up with some very effective publicity stunts for his 1963 horror film "Blood Feast". One such stunt included giving theater goers vomit bags reading "You may need this when you see 'Blood Feast'".

On the set of Alferd Hitchcock's 1944 film Lifeboat, actress Tallulah Bankhead would climb a ladder every day to reach the tank where the filming took place. She never wore underwear and regularly received an ovation from the film crew.
I like the story of Chico Marx being infatuated with her and arranged to meet her. He was told not to use his usual crude manner of picking up girls (which, for him, generally worked) as it would be useless on her. So...they met, at a party. As there were many other people in attendance, Chico was very polite, cordial and charming...for a while. After the pleasantries ended with an uncomfortable silence, Chico simply said..."You know, I really want to **** you!". Tallulah replied..."And so you shall you old fashioned boy."

By the way, your avatar is almost as good as your Bulldogs at the moment!

Moose, the Jack Russell who played the lead in My Dog Skip (2000), first shot to fame playing Eddie in the TV series Frasier. He ended up working in showbiz for a decade, and has his own imdb profile.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1189150/

If you view his Wikipedia page you will see he once made the front cover of Entertainment Weekly.
Sadly, June 22 this year marked ten years since his passing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longest movie with no dialogue is Andy Warhol's 1964 film "Sleep" which features 321 minutes of a man sleeping.
Any muff suffering in his face?
Any Spiders crawling all over him?
Is their bull ants all over him,with Echidnas waiting for the call to eat them?
Is their any hot lesbo action in the background?

Warhol's Empire doesn't have dialogue or sound and that's 8 hours long.

Yeah actually I've heard stories he positioned a camera in front of the building and came back 24 hours later. So maybe the "Director's Cut" of that "movie" is the record holder, if true. Not sure where exactly he would have put the camera so that nobody stole it.

Patrick Swayze went for the role of special agent Jonhnny Utah in point break.
Mathew broderick was offered the lead role...thank god he didn't get it.
The movie was going to be called johnny Utah then was going to be called riders on the strom,half way though the movie they changed it too point break.

Val Kilmer and Willem Defoe turned down the role of johnny Utah.
The work fcuk is used 105 times.

IMDB.com review
2 September 2005 | by squeezebox (United States)

Andy Warhol made many movies that are meant to be watched. VINYL, LONESOME COWBOYS, WOMEN IN REVOLT, THE CHELSEA GIRLS are all masterpieces of avant-garde, minimalist cinema. On the other hand, he made many movies that were never meant to be watched, but only looked at. SLEEP, **** (FOUR STARS), EAT, COUCH and, of course EMPIRE.

Anyone who attempts to watch EMPIRE from start to finish (nearly five hours in length when viewed at the correct speed) is missing the point. Just as with much of Warhol's work, the art is that the piece exists, not necessarily the piece itself.

I had a teacher in film school who bragged about having watched EMPIRE in its entirety. I have often wondered what Warhol would have said to that. My guess is, "What a waste of time." EMPIRE is simply a moving still life. Instead of spending eight hours painting the Empire State Building, Warhol photographed it for eight hours, at a fast camera speed so when played at normal projection speed, the image is actually slowed down. The film was intended to be projected on a wall during gallery shows, so that people could stop and look at it the same way they would a painting. It was not meant to be watched like a regular movie. Yet countless underground and art film aficionados have done just that, as though they are accomplishing something.

The fact that people find this movie so fascinating and have written and pondered so much about it is a testament to Warhol's genius. Aside from being a phenomenally imaginative and intelligent artist, Warhol was one of the world's greatest satirists, in that he led much of the world, and particularly America, to become a parody of itself, without even realizing it. That was, in many ways, his greatest work of art.

Now, we have paparazzi inundating us with images of famous people who are viewed by the public as demi-gods, simply for being famous. We have people paying outrageous amounts of money to be walking billboards for companies such as Tommy Hilfiger, Nike and Ambercrombie and Fitch.

And many people still think EMPIRE is a deep, meaningful masterwork of cinema.

It's a five hour long static shot of the Empire State Building. Nothing more. And Warhol is still laughing his ass off at all the people who've read more into it than that.

Because a star rating would be meaningless for this film, I have not given it one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back