Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Remove this Banner Ad

seems their fans are easily pleased.

was a fan of them around 'nothing left to loose' but i think every album after that has gotten worse and worse.

Alot of people disagree with you crownie. IMO however this is there worst effort in a while. 3 or 4 songs I really dig and the rest are just meh

How "Walk" wasnt the first single is beyond me. Best song on the album by a mile

Alot of people disagree with you crownie. IMO however this is there worst effort in a while. 3 or 4 songs I really dig and the rest are just meh

How "Walk" wasnt the first single is beyond me. Best song on the album by a mile

i don't.

This album had better be a return to form after the last few insipid "efforts". Post NLTL the albums have been very hit or miss. Take the colour and the shape for example - all songs are excellent, then take "in your honour".
Grohl has a bit of "paul mccartney about him" - his best is very good, but his worst can be horrid and the "putting in the odd acoustic love song" that they do on the albums misses the fact that their BEST element is the live show and the RAWK-ness of the band.
This band rocks, hard. Yet they miss this sometimes. Grohl as leader lacks a true collaborator to pull him up and say "that wheels song. Why not give it to 30 seconds to mars instead of releasing it yourself".

Cant get past Walk and These days atm but so far Id rank the songs as

1. Walk
2. These Days (fair comparison to Everlong IMO)

daylight

3. Dear Rosemary
4. Rope
5. Bridge Burning
6. Arlandria
7. I Should have known
8. A Matter of Time

Daylight

9. Miss the Misery
10. Back and Forth
11. White Limo

IMO White Limo is terrible. Sounds like mashed up garbage. Gave it 2 listens in total.

Too bad there aren't more songs like White Limo on the album. Yet another Moderate Rock album from the Foo Fighters, despite the hype saying it would be heavier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to it half a dozen times now. I think it's bloody great.

Foo Fighters specialize in accessible heavy rock. Thats their genre. And I bloody love that style of music. Beats the s**t out of whiny pseudo intellectual stuff we have to put up with mostly these days.

Then again, Im the same age as Dave so maybe we grew up loving the same music.

Every now and then at home or in the car, you just want to crank it up, shout out loud and give it some air guitar as you did when you were younger.

Cannot think of another album as good as this to do that to for a bloody long time.

Miss the Misery is my current fav. Im sure that will change a few times.

Long live the Foos.

If they hadn't kept serving up steaming piles of s**t after their first 2 albums I'd probably give this one a listen, as the few tracks I've heard haven't been too bad.

Hoping it's not like the last few efforts - listening to the album once, being generally underwhelmed bar a few good tracks and then never listening again.

In my opinion the Foo's have never put out an album thats good start to finish and the latest effort is certainly no different. Walk is the only song I got into.

I quite enjoy some of their past stuff as many, many people do but just see a large chunk of the material to be filler. So many people around claiming they are the epitomy of rock...I just dont see it at all.

All just my opinion of course.

In my opinion the Foo's have never put out an album thats good start to finish and the latest effort is certainly no different. Walk is the only song I got into.

I quite enjoy some of their past stuff as many, many people do but just see a large chunk of the material to be filler. So many people around claiming they are the epitomy of rock...I just dont see it at all.

All just my opinion of course.

i have been listening to their older albums the last few days and thought the exact same thing, they have written some decent songs ill give them credit for that but i dont think they will ever have a album that can be remembered as great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back