Tigerbob

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies
One of my biggest wishes is the club finally invests into support staff for our football program.

We have been restricted by the soft cap because of Dimma’s contract, now that is gone along with Macqualter and Clarke, hopefully we can be smart and recruit in a few more. Not just assistant coaches but fitness and recruiting staff as well as Player Liason types. Focus on mental side of things as well.

Two ex players I’d love us to target is Shane Edwards in a Recruiting and List Management position but also focused on the Aboriginal players leadership.

The other is Daniel Jackson in a Head of Leadership program and player welfare. Currently doing a Development Leadership position. One of the smartest footballers there was.

Time to bring these types back home who can increase our support to players and coaches.

Who would you bring in and in what position?

Wacky Jacko is highly regarded within the club.
Massive fan of shedda.
Dream coaching line up down the road.
Grigga
Lambo
Shedda
All involved In our football dept.

Fitness program.
Needs looking at is an understatement.

Wacky Jacko is highly regarded within the club.
Massive fan of shedda.
Dream coaching line up down the road.
Grigga
Lambo
Shedda
All involved In our football dept.

Fitness program.
Needs looking at is an understatement.

Fitness definitely needs to be improved. If the club fails to invest in our football department I’ll question my investment into the club.

Complacency has filtered into this club. There is no excuse to go and get the best people now. None.

I’m not sure bringing in ex players is the answer TBH. Jacko and Newman OK they’ve spent a lot of time away from the club.

But we should take this opportunity with a new head coach to refresh the FD. Doesn’t have to be slash and burn but when a position comes up get some diversity of thought in there.

I’m not sure bringing in ex players is the answer TBH. Jacko and Newman OK they’ve spent a lot of time away from the club.

But we should take this opportunity with a new head coach to refresh the FD. Doesn’t have to be slash and burn but when a position comes up get some diversity of thought in there.

I wouldn’t make it a must do but in Newman, Jackson and Edwards, they have experienced other environments and are very unique individuals.

Edwards comes back to recruiting which is away from the club more or less, not involved in the day to day stuff.

But I hear ya.

I wouldn’t make it a must do but in Newman, Jackson and Edwards, they have experienced other environments and are very unique individuals.

Edwards comes back to recruiting which is away from the club more or less, not involved in the day to day stuff.

But I hear ya.

Shedda give him some time away from the club and get exposed to other cultures. Good move him going to the Crows. If he comes back great. If not happy days we don’t have a monopoly on bringing ex players back. It’s not your argument but I see it all the time.

It’s a cycle. The best FD personnel go where they see the most growth. We were top. Now we’re mid market. Plenty of talent to tap outside of our ex players and we should do that

Fitness definitely needs to be improved. If the club fails to invest in our football department I’ll question my investment into the club.

Complacency has filtered into this club. There is no excuse to go and get the best people now. None.
Would love to get Burgess.But I think that's a bridge too far.

One of my biggest wishes is the club finally invests into support staff for our football program.

We have been restricted by the soft cap because of Dimma’s contract, now that is gone along with Macqualter and Clarke, hopefully we can be smart and recruit in a few more. Not just assistant coaches but fitness and recruiting staff as well as Player Liason types. Focus on mental side of things as well.

Two ex players I’d love us to target is Shane Edwards in a Recruiting and List Management position but also focused on the Aboriginal players leadership.

The other is Daniel Jackson in a Head of Leadership program and player welfare. Currently doing a Development Leadership position. One of the smartest footballers there was.

Time to bring these types back home who can increase our support to players and coaches.

Who would you bring in and in what position?
Get me Stuart Edwards and Ricky Jackson 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask the question Jarrod Wade at Collingwood who is their Head of High Performance. Also Damien Austin at Brisbane in the same role.

Ask the question Jarrod Wade at Collingwood who is their Head of High Performance. Also Damien Austin at Brisbane in the same role.

That’s who we should be targetting. Go and get the best. It’s what big clubs do. Time to go back and start acting like one again. Not some reject shop franchise.

FMD - the club is officially rooted.

Not a club in the business of winning Premierships anymore. Sad reality.

Skimp on department spending, worry about outside of footy interest, not attack periods of getting better.

Happy and content after three flags. Happy to look back on those as the symbol of the current people’s success.

The last three years has been disgraceful as they allowed a coach to do * all and get away with it. Earn top dollar and restrict other spending.

Let’s hope that has now changed. There’s now no excuse. Money is freed up on the soft cap. We should be bringing in a few more if we are serious. It will tell us the story.

I often wonder if our success has changed out mindset, and we are now focussed on the things that come after success, but we've lost focus on what makes us successful. We appear to have lost the edge and drive to be the best on the field THEN best off the field.

So much negativity it is astounding :D We only need assistants, a new medical department, By the looks of it new recruiters (they are struggling to even bring one hack they managed to find) Do we need players :think:and Professionals having us finish at bottom so if that happens it won't be so bad as they already told us I mean come on I'm on the positive side :)

So much negativity it is astounding :D We only need assistants, a new medical department, By the looks of it new recruiters (they are struggling to even bring one hack they managed to find) Do we need players :think:and Professionals having us finish at bottom so if that happens it won't be so bad as they already told us I mean come on I'm on the positive side :)
Never good enough for the sooks on here. We’ve had the best football department in the entire league for a decade straight. But the people in charge have no idea what they are doing apparently lol

A change is better than a holiday. The RFC has been on holidays for three years now so bring on any change.
Where did they go? Turkmenistan , I hear it’s good during our winter

So many romantics on this board all wanting "to get the band back together". Give me the best and most progressive assistant coaches that will drive the club to new heights and standards. If that's our ex players, then that's just a bonus.

So many romantics on this board all wanting "to get the band back together". Give me the best and most progressive assistant coaches that will drive the club to new heights and standards. If that's our ex players, then that's just a bonus.
I watched the Beatles series Get Back and it never works reforming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back