Autopsy The future of Hardwick and the Richmond football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't get the big deal about what he says
Acknowleges that his time will come at some stage, that's just realistic/pragmatic
Says that when we aren't challenging anymore that it will likely be the end of his run
However when asked if he'd see through a rebuild, says that we are regenerating/refreshing right now, so clearly he's up for seeing that through
So if refresh/regeneration all goes to plan, we should be challenging again, therefore he wouldn't be leaving

Mullumbimby. Just for a quick top up of supplies.
OIP.X1BtJ4zyG3lIQqF4J-FHdAHaJ3

I honestly believe we can challenge for the flag this year, butt, butt, butt KDH, FD, selectors need to make a hard call on four players just like after that famous game in Geelong in 2016 where we lost , but two changes were made and we went on undefeated afterwards to win the flag.

Last edited:
If the bottom falls out (like what has happened at the Eagles) then he will call it a day.

I reckon he is confident that last years draft and this one coming will help the club remain strong with much needed depth.

Do we really think a guy who just went through a divorce will walk away from a massive contract? Only will happen if he has another one to go to, thats for sure.

It sounds like Dimma has a Plan B already in play tbh, didn';t think he had a very good poker face. The idea once he cant win a flag he is done is also pretty gross when he is under contract till 2024. Wouldn't you just say, i am contracted till 2024 & i am completely in up until that point & then we will see where we both are at?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheedy was a loyal bugger.

But mostly to himself.

true, but i do respect his ability to win 2 flags in a row - build a new team, win another 8 years later, build another team & win another 7 years later. He was committed to rebuilding the right way, everytime. with youth

The standards for this spud are lower than mine leaving the pub at 5am.
5 goals in the last 4 games along with 19, 8, 14 and 19 disposals plus a handful of assists and 2-3 inside 50s. Pushing up the ground and getting involved in the running game. He's doing fine.

5 goals in the last 4 games along with 19, 8, 14 and 19 disposals plus a handful of assists and 2-3 inside 50s. Pushing up the ground and getting involved in the running game. He's doing fine.
One of those games he had zero disposals up until half time (when the game was in the balance) then he decided to stat pad with junk touches when the game was over.

Most of his disposals are awful. He chases kicks, gets the ball then burns it. He can’t hit five metre handpasses. Don’t even get me starting on his kicking technique. He has no composure. Absolute deer in the headlights. His direct opponent most likely wants the ball in his hands because they know how utterly useless he is.

You’re also including the West Coast game which was a training drill. How did he go against a real football team the week before? That’s right. Dog s**t.

5 goals in our easiest stretch for the season where our average winning margin is 50 odd points is not as good as you’re making it out to be. Any competent small forward would’ve blitzed the sides we played against. Bolton has kicked twice as many goals in that period despite having prolonged stints in midfield.

Castagna is nowhere near it.

I still don't get the big deal about what he says
Acknowleges that his time will come at some stage, that's just realistic/pragmatic
Says that when we aren't challenging anymore that it will likely be the end of his run
However when asked if he'd see through a rebuild, says that we are regenerating/refreshing right now, so clearly he's up for seeing that through
So if refresh/regeneration all goes to plan, we should be challenging again, therefore he wouldn't be leaving
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016
Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America
Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

As expected. No voice lasts forever and I did not/ would not expect Hardwick to be the guy that leads us through the next rebuild period.

If we don't win it this year, wouldn't surprise if 2023 or 2024 are his last years with us.
I think he will. There will be close to a new team in just a few years and his coaching method will remain fresh for them

What an amazing coach we have…He’s built this team and culture ever since Dusty was a pup…He’s reinvigorated this year, and it shows…It’s filtering through to the playing group…He’s the guy for the next five years…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back