Football Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything looks good really.

Del7efsW0AAHnyD.jpg

chadwick-bosemans-unenthusiastic-wakanda-salute-at-the-infinity-war-premiere-has-turned-into-a-hilarious-meme-1-1524754146.gif

Is the Nigeria kit so popular because it looks retro?
Pretty much. People recall their 1994 effort:

Super-Eagles-1994-squad.jpg

The green zigzag patter does have a certain appeal to it. Especially when you apply the the numbers 4, 7, or 14 to it. Why those numbers? No reason.

But really, the retro look is its biggest appeal.

The green zigzag patter does have a certain appeal to it. Especially when you apply the the numbers 4, 7, or 14 to it. Why those numbers? No reason.

Remember them at that World Cup. They were brutal beasts, don’t think anyone had seen such physical prowess on a football pitch at that point. Real game changer. They absolutely brutalised Greece I think it was

Remember them at that World Cup. They were brutal beasts, don’t think anyone had seen such physical prowess on a football pitch at that point. Real game changer. They absolutely brutalised Greece I think it was
I heard about this, the golden generation of Nigeria. Finished top in that group (And the Argies finished 3rd! But got through because of the 24 team thing.)

Though I did hear it was Bulgaria they did that to, although Greece suffered similarly.

Tough and with flair.

I heard about this, the golden generation of Nigeria. Finished top in that group (And the Argies finished 3rd! But got through because of the 24 team thing.)

Though I did hear it was Bulgaria they did that to, although Greece suffered similarly.

Tough and with flair.
Just looking at the 94 WC on wiki, actually it looks like it was Argentina mullering Greece that I recall - funny how time plays tricks on you. Yeah must have been the Bulgarian match I also have a recollection of. Pretty good WC that one was - slightly spoiled by an awful final

look like dollar bills!

Incredibly, it looks like Nike aren't making anymore of the Nigerian kit. Missing out on big dollars I would have thought.
If you're that keen, I saw some in Rebel George St, Syd. Just let me know your size if you aren't near there. $AU119 as all these things are overpriced in Oz.
I might be missing a reference there, but 4 and 7 both have the hard angle on them, which matches the zig-zag.

If you're that keen, I saw some in Rebel George St, Syd. Just let me know your size if you aren't near there. $AU119 as all these things are overpriced in Oz.

I might be missing a reference there, but 4 and 7 both have the hard angle on them, which matches the zig-zag.
Interesting! I was just thinking about how I wished I had one this morning. Are you talking about the one near the Apple store?

Not sure how I'd go wearing one - I look the complete opposite of Nigerian haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting! I was just thinking about how I wished I had one this morning. Are you talking about the one near the Apple store?

Not sure how I'd go wearing one - I look the complete opposite of Nigerian haha.
Yep, that's it. Downstairs. They weren't on the wall racks, but just in front of them with a bunch of German, Mexican and red jerseys, I think opposite the Spain, English and Argy ones hanging on the wall. There weren't a lot, though.

As with a lot of jerseys these days I didn't think they felt that sturdy. Not like the 'dri-fit' material of 2010-14. But I feel the same about NB and Adidas, so maybe there has been an improvement in those thin jerseys that stops them ripping.

Ended up picking one up haha. There was only 3 left - 2 smalls and a large.

Not sure whether I'll sell it or keep it at this stage. Bought it for $120, they look like they're going for $210 on eBay.
Sweet. Let me know what it goes for, and I'll collect my finder's fee.

Ended up picking one up haha. There was only 3 left - 2 smalls and a large.

Not sure whether I'll sell it or keep it at this stage. Bought it for $120, they look like they're going for $210 on eBay.

You might find a Nigerian prince that wants one.

Points for trying. The numbers do look nice with the Zigzag, but I'm a little more... club orientated.

4 N'Didi (I get the feeling this will be his new number at Leicester)
7 Musa
14 Iheanacho

I feel like N'Didi is going to do some great work in that midfield.

Views on FIFA preferring countries go with a kit all dominated by one colour ie shirt and shorts same same?

I prefer the older way, countries pick their colours and if it’s two eg Australia gold shirt with green shorts so be it.

Also Holland alwYs looks better orange with white shorts and I wish white numbers (not the blue)

But it is what it is

Just looking at the 94 WC on wiki, actually it looks like it was Argentina mullering Greece that I recall - funny how time plays tricks on you. Yeah must have been the Bulgarian match I also have a recollection of. Pretty good WC that one was - slightly spoiled by an awful final
Greece lost all their group games fairly convincingly but you were right the first time. I watched the Nigeria game thinking it was men against boys. The Nigerians were too big, too strong, too quick and too technical. It was a fairly s**t WC from memory.

Greece lost all their group games fairly convincingly but you were right the first time. I watched the Nigeria game thinking it was men against boys. The Nigerians were too big, too strong, too quick and too technical. It was a fairly s**t WC from memory.
What was s**t about that WC was it being in the US, and a lot of the fans had no idea what they were watching. Only thing worse were the vuvuzalas in SA.

Everyone thought an African side would soon win a World Cup after Cameroon in ‘90 and Nigeria in ‘94. Can’t see it happening anytime soon though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back