Footy players/coaches etc are too nice, be nice to hear more honesty

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

I honestly loved hearing May's comments. And not because of any bias, would be the same for any club. I did find it a bit funny as it's partly sour grapes, but the fact they're 'controversial' to me speaks at how most coaches, players etc are too scared to say what they really think about the opposition, umpires etc especially. For obvious reasons, in this age everything is scrutinised, but I'd kind like to see a bit more competitiveness, mongrel, they're too nice and diplomatic. Even if the oppo played like crap and they smashed them they're still like 'they're a good team...they were tough'. I mean as long as it's sporting and mostly respectful have at it, I say. Kind of like the smack talk too, spices things up. You know what the coach is saying behind closed doors or the players on the field is very different. As long as it's not uncalled for abuse, insulting, racism, hate speech, it kind of adds to the game imo.

Any player that doesn't think like May should go find another job.
Such as a boxer. It seems that not liking May gives you hands of steel.

I honestly loved hearing May's comments. And not because of any bias, would be the same for any club. I did find it a bit funny as it's partly sour grapes, but the fact they're 'controversial' to me speaks at how most coaches, players etc are too scared to say what they really think about the opposition, umpires etc especially. For obvious reasons, in this age everything is scrutinised, but I'd kind like to see a bit more competitiveness, mongrel, they're too nice and diplomatic. Even if the oppo played like crap and they smashed them they're still like 'they're a good team...they were tough'. I mean as long as it's sporting and mostly respectful have at it, I say. Kind of like the smack talk too, spices things up. You know what the coach is saying behind closed doors or the players on the field is very different. As long as it's not uncalled for abuse, insulting, racism, hate speech, it kind of adds to the game imo.

Australian athletes are boring. It's all about full credit to the boys, happy to get the win, etc. I like this from May. This is exactly what you should be saying at a club B&F.

North finished dead last in 2022, yet Clarko was at our B&F talking about getting this club back in premiership contention where it belongs - and I'll be ****ed if it didn't put a bit of lead in my pencil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back