For St.Kilda fans only

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. Didn't get a kick all night, wasn't accountable on his opponent, no second efforts at all. Very poor game from him.

Oh wait; he didn't actually play.

Why is is alway's Thomas' fault if the side plays poorly? Do you have the same standard for Woosha? One loss and out the door he goes?

You idiot. :thumbsdown:

Stupid thread... :thumbsdown:

The reason why a fan from another team comes into our board and starts a poll, which curiously has in its title that it is only for Saints fans (wow how much irony in that), about our opinion on if our coach should be sacked is still giving me problems. Either post it in the main AFL board or go worry about your own problems.

as my experience on bigfooty has grown ive come to the realisation that many of you eggheads down actually go and view your team. Opinions and discriminations are simply made from replays or media information.

I dont judge opposition players until i actually watch their game live (differences from TV are unparalleled.) Even though i may watch them on fox footy a hell of a lot.

To those who where there and have been there most weeks, a simple contrast between a well coached team and a poorly coached one was made present to the naked eye. Players dont know where to run, and second options up around the wing have been limited all year. Basically "we dont know what to do with it when it hits past half back." This has been a problem all year and adelaide just highlighted it as they are magnificent at team play and creating options.

His time was up years ago. It is just a talented side that has blanketed this problem area in the box. But we will continue with him until its too late. Then critical supporters that have been knowledgable of the problem since day one will be heralded with a simple "oh well" Not good enough. We, St.kilda are reknown for stuffing things up. History always repeats itself.

A simple win dosnt change the spirit of non believers of GT, it just infuriates them more as simple supporters continue to view our situation with blinkers on. Above all think about the issue like this.....

GT may not be a bad coach....But he is definately not a great one. Why should we settle for second best!

True the coach is part of the problem, but to say we got drilled by 63 points just because of poor tactics is False. Our midfielders didn't get enough of the ball, meaning we didn't get it past half back enoguh.

GT Is a major problem, not dissagreeing with that, just saying that a large part of the blame should be put on our Dud player, IE Fiora.

Heaps wrong with the saints at the moment including the coach.

Probably our biggest problem as has been the case for a long time now is our lack of pace and secondly our weekly game plan or lack thereof.

Thomas should go but what's the point going on about it because he won't and the board won't get rid of him and there's to many lemmings suckered in by his excuses and promises.

I just accept the fact Thomas is coach but i must admit i'm starting to get turned off watching saints games now. The game plan is just woeful most matches and we only ever win a game when our main players step up and carry the team which has zero to do with Grant.

Regardless, until we recruit and devlop a core of faster players we'll never win a flag.

SpInNeR said:
as my experience on bigfooty has grown ive come to the realisation that many of you eggheads down actually go and view your team. Opinions and discriminations are simply made from replays or media information.

I dont judge opposition players until i actually watch their game live (differences from TV are unparalleled.) Even though i may watch them on fox footy a hell of a lot.

To those who where there and have been there most weeks, a simple contrast between a well coached team and a poorly coached one was made present to the naked eye. Players dont know where to run, and second options up around the wing have been limited all year. Basically "we dont know what to do with it when it hits past half back." This has been a problem all year and adelaide just highlighted it as they are magnificent at team play and creating options.

His time was up years ago. It is just a talented side that has blanketed this problem area in the box. But we will continue with him until its too late. Then critical supporters that have been knowledgable of the problem since day one will be heralded with a simple "oh well" Not good enough. We, St.kilda are reknown for stuffing things up. History always repeats itself.

A simple win dosnt change the spirit of non believers of GT, it just infuriates them more as simple supporters continue to view our situation with blinkers on. Above all think about the issue like this.....

GT may not be a bad coach....But he is definately not a great one. Why should we settle for second best!

When did going to AFL games make you an expert on football? You may be just one of the other 60,000 other people going every week.

And please....."critical supporters that have been knowledgable of the problem since day one will be heralded with a simple "oh well" Not good enough..." your arrogance may only match your ignorance. Unless I am totally wrong and you attend every training session, are in the coach's box during game day, and are partaking in the strategy sessions???

Ofcourse you can have your own opinions, but I doubt they are better than anyone elses. Who is the alternative coach? Granted Thomas will go this year if we don't make the top 4 - who is a likely alternative considering your mail suggests he needs to have a proven track record, be a tactical genius, and achieve results from day 1.

Mind you, if the boys make the semis again with another injury riddled year the man might deserve some kudos????

Malthouse was a dud last year and now suddenly he is a genius again - take their best 3 players out again, and he is back to a dud. We were actually about the same spot last year -got Hamill back and finished a kick out of the big one -could happen again... but then again I haven't seen a game this year because I live in Europe and because of that I have no idea about football. So I am just guessin'.....

Cudaman said:
Ofcourse you can have your own opinions, but I doubt they are better than anyone elses. Who is the alternative coach? Granted Thomas will go this year if we don't make the top 4 - who is a likely alternative considering your mail suggests he needs to have a proven track record, be a tactical genius, and achieve results from day 1.

QUOTE]

My issue is that there have been more than plenty of superb coaches avaliable during GT reign.

Tell me this: would you really take Grant Thomas over coaches such as wallace or eade that where up for sale a few years ago????

Anyone one of them would have taken the job in a split second. But seriously look at richmond and WB. There supporters would rarely go home infuriated with a lack of coaching presence.

We deserve more. To agrue that GT isnt a bad coach is naive. We deserve the best there is (which has been avaliable over the years) not some average joe.

bluejay said:
Stupid thread... :thumbsdown:

The reason why a fan from another team comes into our board and starts a poll, which curiously has in its title that it is only for Saints fans (wow how much irony in that), about our opinion on if our coach should be sacked is still giving me problems. Either post it in the main AFL board or go worry about your own problems.

Usually I would disagree, and say that I encourage cross-board posting... but this thread smacks of idiocy.

But seriously, do you think Rod Butterss should be promoted to be the guy in the mascot suit?

hyperswivel said:
Usually I would disagree, and say that I encourage cross-board posting... but this thread smacks of idiocy.

But seriously, do you think Rod Butterss should be promoted to be the guy in the mascot suit?

I just said that to the person who started the thread/poll. I don't really care about cross-board posting, as long as it is done with respect. Obviously this case is not one on the respect side.

Polls can be created to indicate who voted which way, making people accountable for their votes. I don't really care who votes which way to be honest, but I do care that a false total is created by non-saints voting.

Thats why I believe this poll is useless and meaningless.

bluejay said:
I just said that to the person who started the thread/poll. I don't really care about cross-board posting, as long as it is done with respect. Obviously this case is not one on the respect side.

Actually, I was agreeing with you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StKildonan said:
Polls can be created to indicate who voted which way, making people accountable for their votes. I don't really care who votes which way to be honest, but I do care that a false total is created by non-saints voting.

Thats why I believe this poll is useless and meaningless.

Sorry as an non Saints fan to barge in but ...
This poll would have been better if it were a public poll so at least you could see how many true St.Kilda fans actually voted in it. Then at least you may get a semi accurate picture of the general consensus.
FWIW I"m yet to be convinced Thomas is the problem. The last few seasons he hasn't been able to field a fully fit side all year. It was a miracle the Saints made a PF last year considering all the odds against them.
Plenty of worse coaches around IMHO (IE Connolloy etc)
I'd Reserve judgement once/if Kosi, Hamill and others play a season (or most of it) fully fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back