Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

My family life is in crisis and I am desperate to get back to Victoria. Sorry, did I say Victoria, I meant to one club that just happened to be courting me for 12 months and just won the flag
As it transpires it looks like we'll do well out of the deal, but pleeeeeease

Sorry you’re correct he was pick 57. And moved to the rookie list.

I don’t know was it really though? Because there have been rumours that was just an excuse!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The issue isn't confined to the decision to go to Vic.

You originally said Schultz is like Henry.

Over the years I saw Schultz come from lowly pick 57, work his arse off and give everything for the team.

Over the years I saw Henry have huge resources being poured into his development by FFC who used a lot of points to draft him. then he delivered underwhelmingly and then just when we see green shoots of his capacity he p****s off. There was always a bit of FIGJAM about him.

So I have grounds for giving Schultz some respect for his decison to move.
I also have grounds for thinking Henry is a selfish a**e for leaving.

What is certain is that you cannot compare the two as like-for-like.

Yep, I will always have a soft spot for him and his family
People can say that his trade set our team back years, and that may be the case, that's on the list management for bringing him in, likely knowing that Perth was the absolutely worse place for him to be for the sake of his mental health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan re-signs with gws … if that interests you guys
Good for him. Realised his career was over if he didn't make a change so he got his s**t together. Had he stayed with us he'd be down the Cam McCarthy route or worse by now.

Was always our (Bell's) fault trading him in in the first place.

I don't get the love for Jesse? We gave up 2 first rounders, and he was completely unprofessional.
Then we got rid of him for steak knives. GWS just get given everything on a platter, and we help with the largesse.
And their last home crowd was 8000!
It's a failure off field, and we help pay for it

People can say that his trade set our team back years, and that may be the case, that's on the list management for bringing him in, likely knowing that Perth was the absolutely worse place for him to be for the sake of his mental health.
the media risks doing it to Reid as well

I felt really uncomfortable with the pic on the back of today's paper. Imagine if The West objectified an 18-!year old girl like that

I don't get the love for Jesse? We gave up 2 first rounders, and he was completely unprofessional.
Then we got rid of him for steak knives. GWS just get given everything on a platter, and we help with the largesse.
I agree 100%
Firetruck jesse bogan

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't love him, I just don't feel that strongly about him at all. Bell traded him in at a high price knowing his mountain of issues and then ****ed him off for nothing a couple years later. Yeah Hogan was unprofessional but what did you expect bringing in someone with know substance abuse issues who had recently lost his dad to cancer and had gone through his own battle with cancer, on top of his injuries.

I think the biggest factor is that it's not like some of the other guys we traded out like Neale or Acres or Cerra etc. where we know they would've been playing their highest level of footy with us. It's obvious to anyone that if Hogan had stayed he would not be even close to what he is for GWS right now. Needed that final kick up the ass to turn his life around, and Bell handed it to him on a platter when he pushed him out. Hogan didn't initiate the trade. We could have persisted with him and tried to get him straight but Bell took the easy way out instead.

some of us are just good humans

Because at the end of the day to me it's just football, sure the decision in hindsight sucks, but it hasn't effected my personal life in anyway, why worry about something that means nothing in the grand scheme of things? Hogan hasn't personally wronged me.

Because at the end of the day to me it's just football, sure the decision in hindsight sucks, but it hasn't effected my personal life in anyway, why worry about something that means nothing in the grand scheme of things? Hogan hasn't personally wronged me.
100% this

I don't love him, I just don't feel that strongly about him at all. Bell traded him in at a high price knowing his mountain of issues and then ****ed him off for nothing a couple years later. Yeah Hogan was unprofessional but what did you expect bringing in someone with know substance abuse issues who had recently lost his dad to cancer and had gone through his own battle with cancer, on top of his injuries.

I think the biggest factor is that it's not like some of the other guys we traded out like Neale or Acres or Cerra etc. where we know they would've been playing their highest level of footy with us. It's obvious to anyone that if Hogan had stayed he would not be even close to what he is for GWS right now. Needed that final kick up the ass to turn his life around, and Bell handed it to him on a platter when he pushed him out. Hogan didn't initiate the trade. We could have persisted with him and tried to get him straight but Bell took the easy way out instead.
Hogan trade in CEO Rosich

Hogan trade out Bell

I'm sure GC supporters are not bitter with us for getting pick 2 for Weller, then trading it for Brayshaw, for getting Sharp for nothing, and also took Corbett (will be great when he sorts out his injuries)

Bell was still in charge with the Hogan trade. Even had his whole little bit about pulling out bc Melb wanted too much. Should've stuck to his word and pulled out.
HE WAS JUST PUT IN THE POSITION...THE DEAL WAS ALREADY AGREED BY ROSICH...BELL WAS SENT TO FINISH THE DEAL...HE DIDN'T LIKE IT BUT ON THE END HE ENDED DOING IT...I AM VERY SURE BELL DID NOT WANT THAT DEAL AND HE NEVER WANTED IT....SO I DON'T THINK IT WAS HIS FOULT...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back