Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind giving guys a serve. Current or ex.
Most of it isn’t deserving and just me venting or being stubborn.

McCarthy .414 is ridiculous.

Quite simply I hope he finds help before he does irreversible damage to himself or what would be infinitely worse, an innocent victim.

Yes, he’s an idiot, but you don’t blow .414 unless you’re going through s**t or you’re beyond stupid. Perhaps it’s both, but any real supporter would reflect and realise his anxieties were beyond football.

Cerra is a very good footballer. That's why he cost us a top five pick to draft and a pick just worse for Carlton to poach. I don't think he quite has the same white line psycho aggression that is required to take him to the next level, but he also won't be in the same sort of headlines that the likes of DeGoey is because of that.

You'd draft him with the high draft pick still and people who deny that either don't care to watch him or carry a lingering bias against him.

And that's okay. He's just another opposition player we need to plan for.

Quite simply I hope he finds help before he does irreversible damage to himself or what would be infinitely worse, an innocent victim.

Yes, he’s an idiot, but you don’t blow .414 unless you’re going through s**t or you’re beyond stupid. Perhaps it’s both, but any real supporter would reflect and realise his anxieties were beyond football.

Isn't 0.414 in the coma/death range? How could he even walk, let alone get in a car?

Isn't 0.414 in the coma/death range? How could he even walk, let alone get in a car?

I can see the irony smacking me in the face like a wall of ice cold water here but....

The answer is with sustained effort and conditioning.

Cerra is a very good player. But IMHO opinion he's the very definition of vanilla. Maybe it's the new haircut (or maybe it's just because I need new glasses) but I barely noticed him on the weekend. Nek minnut 10 coaches votes. What do I know about footy? Clearly NFI. I'd take him back in a heartbeat, but I'd never not do the trade again that netted us Amiss. A true win-win trade for everyone concerned.

Surley .414 is a mistake? at .414 unless i'm mistaken that is alcohol poisoning levels. Don't think you'd be able to turn on the ignition that off your face.

rick james cocaine GIF

Surley .414 is a mistake? at .414 unless i'm mistaken that is alcohol poisoning levels. Don't think you'd be able to turn on the ignition that off your face.
Honestly think that he got tested about 20-30 minutes after his last drink. The closer the last drink, the bigger the spike.

A friend of mine fell into a coma at the ~0.35 range in our early 20's, his recovery was a massive joruney.

I have a mining grade breathalyser and you can draw ridiculous readings immediately after a couple of tequila shots... the follow-up reading could've been lower. Either that, or he has zero interest in his life right now by downing at least 2 full bottles of high-percentage alcohol.

Hope he gets help, we've had 4 former players die since the start of 2018 and I wouldn't want to hear of another one any time soon.

For mere mortals .414 is certainly in the comatose/ poisoning levels. For heavy drinkers they can function to some degree.

A friend of mine fell into a coma at the ~0.35 range in our early 20's, his recovery was a massive joruney.

I have a mining grade breathalyser and you can draw ridiculous readings immediately after a couple of tequila shots... the follow-up reading could've been lower. Either that, or he has zero interest in his life right now by downing at least 2 full bottles of high-percentage alcohol.

Hope he gets help, we've had 4 former players die since the start of 2018 and I wouldn't want to hear of another one any time soon.

The fact he only got 10 months tells me similar to what you wrote.

He blew .414 probably on the back of downing some shots just prior to his reading.

Probably blew much lower 30 mins later etc.

Either way…

There are a lot of people trying very hard to get Cam back to some semblance of healthy living, but apparently while he sees the value of getting his s**t together, he’s too far gone down the alcohol abuse road to be able to help himself. It’s not unusual for him to drink to these levels on a regular basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he only got 10 months tells me similar to what you wrote.

He blew .414 probably on the back of downing some shots just prior to his reading.

Probably blew much lower 30 mins later etc.

Either way…
He only got 11 months because Magistrate can give whatever penalty they feel like giving.

There is no category over .150, but the penalties are supposed to increase.

It was reported he was taken back to the station to be breathalysed.

That gives time for levels to decrease if he was stupid enough to get in car after immediately downing shots or whatever.

Most cops will only be able to measure up to 0.4, so probable he was well above .414 when stopped.

I'd hope there was remorse or an effort to take responsibility, like booking into rehab that the Magistrate might have taken into account in sentencing, but don't know.

He only got 11 months because Magistrate can give whatever penalty they feel like giving.

There is no category over .150, but the penalties are supposed to increase.

It was reported he was taken back to the station to be breathalysed.

That gives time for levels to decrease if he was stupid enough to get in car after immediately downing shots or whatever.

Most cops will only be able to measure up to 0.4, so probable he was well above .414 when stopped.

I'd hope there was remorse or an effort to take responsibility, like booking into rehab that the Magistrate might have taken into account in sentencing, but don't know.
Whatever the circumstances are it’s sad on all levels.

I still think we could’ve had a forward line for the ages of guys were in the right headspace.
Hogan, McCarthy, Shane Yarran.

Any one of those 3 would be a perfect fit in our current side.

Whatever the circumstances are it’s sad on all levels.

I still think we could’ve had a forward line for the ages of guys were in the right headspace.
Hogan, McCarthy, Shane Yarran.

Any one of those 3 would be a perfect fit in our current side.
For Dardy and Hogan we brought them back to WA, knowing or should have known there were significant problems with substances.

On the other hand, we didn't fight hard enough or put enough value on some players that left from Neale onwards.

It is sad, but I agree with purple's post above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back