Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross played Walters in the midfield in 2019, in a similar way to Bolton at the tigers.
Small, clean dangerous goal kicking, play makers.
If Ross is training Henry as that player, then that’s why Ross recruited him.
That means Ross thinks it’s a possibility to work.
Ross was a big fan of Henry in his juniors, but was out the year before he finally got to coach him.
It might not work for Henry immediately but it’s a money ball gamble that if it paid of would be big for the Saints.

Pretty sure most of Henry’s juniors was as a mid. Only highlights that got shown where snap and dribble goals, so people thought he was a forward and he was way to skinny early on to get any mid minutes.

I don’t think JLo ever would have considered Henry as a mid. He didn’t rate Walters as a mid much either, despite winning an AA in that role the year before he joined.

It’s probably more a ploy to teach him to win his own ball. Knowing Lyon & his effort mantra he’s not going to put up with Henry not being able to get dirty & win his own contest.
Having completely missed the point of the Hill post I'm presuming that this one is literal and note that Lyon seems completely content with Brad Hill being a completely outside non contested player.

I probably see a bit more in Henry than some and really liked some of his work in tight situations in the backline last year. He's very skilful, seems to be able to keep a cool head in traffic and makes good decisions so I could see him being useful around the ball.
He was a very young, inexperienced, small player when he came in but his trajectory has been such that I could see him being prepared to put his body more inline as his confidence grows. His vision & decision making is absolutely elite at times.

Henry's traffic work is pretty good and it might fix his slow decision making, which seemed to be one of his major flaws as the winger. Less time to make a decision means he isn't searching too long for the right one.

Small frame does make it harder to win the ball though, could be good as that inside out player.

I'll be watching it closely if it comes to fruition

Having completely missed the point of the Hill post I'm presuming that this one is literal and note that Lyon seems completely content with Brad Hill being a completely outside non contested player.

I probably see a bit more in Henry than some and really liked some of his work in tight situations in the backline last year. He's very skilful, seems to be able to keep a cool head in traffic and makes good decisions so I could see him being useful around the ball.
He was a very young, inexperienced, small player when he came in but his trajectory has been such that I could see him being prepared to put his body more inline as his confidence grows. His vision & decision making is absolutely elite at times.
Brad Hill & Liam Henry both can’t play the fat side. If he’s going to play as the skinny side winger, which Brad can’t then he needs to lift his contested ball winning numbers from 4 or 5 to 7 or 8.
Sitting at the back of the contest you need composure not to turn it over under pressure, with a mixture of decision making & execution the key to that role. Execution under pressure has been a bit of an issue for him, playing inside is a fast education or they legitimately want him on ball.

If Henry becomes a proper inside mid for the saints I might just give up watching footy because apparently I have lost all ability to understand the game and player abilities (saying like I have that ability now...).

I know Ross is a great coach, but surely no-one is great enough to turn Henry into an AFL inside midfielder.
Ross did make Stephen Hill play inside.

Enjoying water polo free booze and food with Gerard Neesham, Ben Allan and other Neeshams on Saturday night. All nice people.

Part of me wanted to ask stuff about some of the crap Neesham cops over some things during his life at Freo but I thought maybe not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fans are very impressed with him judging by online comments!
Hi I come in peace. I am a Saints track watcher, and Henry has impressed everyone with his training intensity, think he will link up well with Hill and Wanganeen-Milera.
I would find it hard to believe he wasn't a hard trainer for you guys, you can't just turn that type of intensity on.
Good luck for the year.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi I come in peace. I am a Saints track watcher, and Henry has impressed everyone with his training intensity, think he will link up well with Hill and Wanganeen-Milera.
I would find it hard to believe he wasn't a hard trainer for you guys, you can't just turn that type of intensity on.
Good luck for the year.

Yeah, you got a steal there. Going to be a very solid player imo.

Good luck for the year.

His training wasn't the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back