Four Corners Bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not how it works.

If your wish comes true, look at what happened in MLB and cycling. You issue a whole bunch of asterixes to the record books, and the average punter loses faith in the modern game.

No one will be worrying about getting a kick, because if they get a kick everyone will assume they are juiced.

shou' ou' to DawOfPromotion

itz all good babee babee

Well then maybe we need to reassess the whole thing then. It's a world of our own making, perhaps it's time to come off the high horses and look at reality.

I assume you mean go back to a simpler game (i.e. like back in the 80's)?

Thats not going to happen, because regardless of rules and budgets coaches/teams/players will always look for that extra 1% to get the win.

Only way to avoid this is to stop having professional players, but with the TV money so high now, thats never going to happen.

We cant go back, we have to develop policies and practices to minimize the frequency of this s**t happening.

The club needs to be a flag contender with a lot of strong bodied and hard running players, who is running a leading edge sports science program. The Hawks (probably along with the Pies and Cats) are the most obvious Melbourne clubs that fit that criteria, so take it as a complement. My club is 18th for tackles, so no shock no one thinks its Richmond :(

When the story first broke, I distinctly remember some comment about "Clubs doing this to try to take shortcuts for success".

I remember "Clubs" plural, meaning not just Essendon.

"Taking shortcuts" would seem to rule out Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn, as all of us have done the rebuild from scratch the hard way. It always struck me as more likely to be a middle-ranked team trying to crash the Top 4 without doing the work.

When the story first broke, I distinctly remember some comment about "Clubs doing this to try to take shortcuts for success".

"Taking shortcuts" would seem to rule out Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn, as all of us have done the rebuild from scratch the hard way. It always struck me as more likely to be a middle-ranked team trying to crash the Top 4 without doing the work.

There was also the qualifier that they were a flag contender, which rules out most other clubs.

As I mentioned in a PM to someone else, I don't consider it an insult - only very good clubs will meet that criteria

great

First one that comes to mind when talking about over achieving teams.

You reckon? The Hawks are massive underachievers IMO.

If we are talking "flag contender" type teams in the timescales mentioned, I'd be looking west of the Victorian border.

I think its more they are the only two to be publicly named.

Personally I think we have two lists:

1) Players
These could be anyone from any club. Doesn't matter if you have shinboner spirit, bloods culture, or if you are carlton and %$#^ the rest, all 18 clubs are at risk on this one, and only an idiot would think otherwise. Player desperate to get in the first 22, avoid delisting, or get back quick from a long term injury are all prime suspects. All clubs have players who tick these boxes.

So now we have the one rogue player mentioned by the ACC, and potentially 30 from six clubs according to Charter (if his mail is actually credible).

2) Club
So who is the other club? I think we can eliminate the interstate clubs (unlikely an interstate club would use a South Yarra chemist), Richmond and the Dogs (both not flag contenders), but after that its pure guess work. Have no doubt the club will be outed soon enough though, so it will be interesting to see if they have a borderline program, or its just Charters speaking s**t

Thats the best summary of the lot-its nonsense to concentrate on clubs -it will be players spread over a number of clubs -i think 30 players over 6 clubs is believable . Youve got all the ingredients -Big money -Massive public adulation for Winners.

Charter said he was originally going to keep his mouth shut -and then he got threatened -so he went public -so if anyone was going to do anything to him -they would be taking a hell of a risk . In the position hes currently in -i think thats what any street smart person would do

Thats the best summary of the lot-its nonsense to concentrate on clubs -it will be players spread over a number of clubs -i think 30 players over 6 clubs is believable . Youve got all the ingredients -Big money -Massive public adulation for Winners.

Charter said he was originally going to keep his mouth shut -and then he got threatened -so he went public -so if anyone was going to do anything to him -they would be taking a hell of a risk . In the position hes currently in -i think thats what any street smart person would do

thats only one preparatore (cycling for the dope doc) in one state. Prolly looking at a dozen guys when you have the four other states also.

everyone is looking to perform on saturday.

type A personalities

everyone seeking to neutralise others perceived PED use. I gotta use too.

running on the treadmill standing still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you mean go back to a simpler game (i.e. like back in the 80's)?

Thats not going to happen, because regardless of rules and budgets coaches/teams/players will always look for that extra 1% to get the win.

Only way to avoid this is to stop having professional players, but with the TV money so high now, thats never going to happen.

We cant go back, we have to develop policies and practices to minimize the frequency of this s**t happening.

Or maybe we acknowledge that you can't put the genie in the bottle and put the players safety first. Regulate it, allow it provided its in the normal range, microdoping. Testing is simple, your checking blood levels and not going on an easter egg hunt for substances who's existence you don't know. Let the doctors run it and get rid of the voodoo practitioners. But if keep pretending its possible to get clean, the 25 deaths in cycling due to epo will eventually happen in the afl to.

The definition of stupidity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result.

Serious question: If 4 Corners have irrefutable evidence and/or leaks from the ACC report why not just name the club outright? No back handed whispers, no speculation, no we can't/have elected not to name the club etc just do it. No doubt by the time the details do leak the club will just say it is the work of a long since banished rouge official.

The guy at the end was right. The Sports Ministry, ASADA, investigative shows and journos et al really need to come up with hard evidence or this could blow up in their face. It is like a game of chess. Each party is maneuvering trying to get the last move in at the end. Meanwhile an ever confused public is wandering what the hell is going on and will start to demand answers or just ignore the authorities.

Melbourne doesn't look like a club program, the txts read more like individual player referrals (which will be an issue for many more clubs IMO).

And club culture/stability means s**t on this. Its hit Essendon and they were one of the strongest clubs in the land.

Anyone who thinks their club is immune on this issue (and I have included my own from day 1) is completely and utterly deluded.
Essendon stable ? I wonder what sheeds and knights opinions would be
Hird was appointed because the fans were boycotting games

Essendon stable ? I wonder what sheeds and knights opinions would be
Hird was appointed because the fans were boycotting games

two coaching changes in 30 years is pretty stable. I hate the bombers (only less than the Blues and Pies) because of their arrogant douche like "we are Essington" supporters, but its stupid to put them on the same level as RFC and other rabble like clubs for off field management.

You've got your fingers and toes crossed, eh?

If anyone at Hawthorn is found to have the question marks over them and their history that Hird and the EFC do, then I'll be all for a full investigation.

I'll be honest though, I probably won't bother coming to this board to try and tell others that "there's nothing to see here, so stop speculating!". :)
Who said we are not wanting a full investigation? In case you haven't noticed we have two. I noticed you didn't say you would want Clarkson to stand down before proof of any wrong doing via trial by media.

two coaching changes in 30 years is pretty stable. I hate the bombers (only less than the Blues and Pies) because of their arrogant douche like "we are Essington" supporters, but its stupid to put them on the same level as RFC and other rabble like clubs for off field management.
I'm confused, if we are not Essendon, who are we? :p

Inb4TullamarineComments

Who said we are not wanting a full investigation?
Indeed. Ask yourself that very question.

In case you haven't noticed we have two. I noticed you didn't say you would want Clarkson to stand down before proof of any wrong doing via trial by media.
Why would I need to? This isn't about Clarkson.

Indeed. Ask yourself that very question.

Why would I need to? This isn't about Clarkson.

You were talking about a hypothetical in which Hawthorn was involved saying you would want a full investigation. Simply noting that in such a situation you never said you would want Clarkson to stand down before proof of any wrong doing via trial by media. Being that very few Essendon supporters (if any, haven't read everything) are saying we don't want this fully investigated, I don't see how you are any different from the Essendon supporters you have been claiming to be blind (paraphrasing countless posts by you on the matter).

In other words, you have outed yourself as the pot.

You were talking about a hypothetical in which Hawthorn was involved saying you would want a full investigation. Simply noting that in such a situation you never said you would want Clarkson to stand down before proof of any wrong doing via trial by media. Being that very few Essendon supporters (if any, haven't read everything) are saying we don't want this fully investigated, I don't see how you are any different from the Essendon supporters you have been claiming to be blind (paraphrasing countless posts by you on the matter).

In other words, you have outed yourself as the pot.
Ummm dude, I also never said the CEO would need to stand down, or the Board would need to do an internal investigation, blah blah......the reason I didn't say any of this, is because this saga, and this thread is not about Hawthorn, hence I felt no need to go into it.

Sorry to disappoint.

Ummm dude, I also never said the CEO would need to stand down, or the Board would need to do an internal investigation, blah blah......the reason I didn't say any of this, is because this saga, and this thread is not about Hawthorn, hence I felt no need to go into it.

Sorry to disappoint.
You're the one who talked about Hawthorn and don't worry, you never fail to disappoint. ;)

You're the one who talked about Hawthorn and don't worry, you never fail to disappoint. ;)
Well, at least, that's what your mother tells you. ;)

Boom tish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back