Four Corners Bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only wish is stop blaming the journos, incompetent or otherwise they didn't force essendon, or any other club to get on the juice, it was always going to come out whether now or sometime in the future, see Arizona jones, lance Armstrong etc etc someone always talks.

They, caro included are trying to do a job, good bad or indifferent is up to their bosses to decide, the AFL competition is so corrupt to be unrecognisable, the lily whites in the afl are the poster boys of the ped movement, it's interesting that the convicted ped eedler had bambi on his walk maybe he as a an crush or aye he holds them up as examples of his work, only charter and hird woewodin know the truth.

It is starting to stink n vlad land and it isn't going to e pretty.

My only wish is stop blaming the journos, incompetent or otherwise they didn't force essendon, or any other club to get on the juice, it was always going to come out whether now or sometime in the future, see Arizona jones, lance Armstrong etc etc someone always talks.

They, caro included are trying to do a job, good bad or indifferent is up to their bosses to decide, the AFL competition is so corrupt to be unrecognisable, the lily whites in the afl are the poster boys of the ped movement, it's interesting that the convicted ped eedler had bambi on his walk maybe he as a an crush or aye he holds them up as examples of his work, only charter and hird woewodin know the truth.

After trying to read that post I now have a headache :confused:

Seems to me one important thing about this story has been missed. To listen to the 'compound' guy in the re-enactment with the meeting with the mystery club he seemed totally blaise about giving AFL players steroids and HGH. Why has no-one put two and two together and speculated that he was already doing that for Essendon and/or Melbourne? After all he seemed totally confident he could beat the system.Just because conversations regarding Essendon and Melbourne have been thus far only been only about 'borderline' drugs doesn't mean that is all they were up to.

Me thinks maybe we have still only seen the tip of the iceberg. It will be interesting when we finally find out what the ACC and ASADA really know.

buttifant, the other scientists, especially the essendon guys, other guys... think why dan menzel does a knee every week.

there is a tension between performance, and injury. the strength and power of the muscle, works in agonist with tendons and ligaments.

osteitus pubis is a recent injury/stress and not merely because abdomen muscle not adequately developed. just individuals bodies are so far out of whack in their strength ratio of muscle to white tissue (ligament/tendon).

cos the drugs disproportionatelt strengthen muscle, and negligible on tendon/ligament. the athletes are putting a f1 engine in a honda civic

bones just snapping like legs? see them ever break like this in the previous epoch of 70s 80s and 90s.

your cortisone, you know it as the anti-inflammatory they call the jabs that half a dozen of each team are getting before a game, these are catabolic. they break down tissue. corticosteroid class. so the stress hormones and crap that the body has built up thru exertion, does not dissipate naturally, but is given a rev up so you feel fresh on saturday.

this is what the geelong doc who is now the head of the AFL med committee, think he is under colin carter on the board of geelong too, this is what they should be assessing. the head knocks and concussion are a pr ruse for the soccer moms, when evidence came out on the nfl. but different dynamic in using head as battering rams in nfl. selwood and allen chistenson the exceptions.

Do you come with an interpreter? ;)

Seems to me one important thing about this story has been missed. To listen to the 'compound' guy in the re-enactment with the meeting with the mystery club he seemed totally blaise about giving AFL players steroids and HGH. Why has no-one put two and two together and speculated that he was already doing that for Essendon and/or Melbourne? After all he seemed totally confident he could beat the system.Just because conversations regarding Essendon and Melbourne have been thus far only been only about 'borderline' drugs doesn't mean that is all they were up to.

Me thinks maybe we have still only seen the tip of the iceberg. It will be interesting when we finally find out what the ACC and ASADA really know.
why just Essendon and Melbourne?

Don't tell me you take that "blaise" attitude still think it's just one or two clubs...

And who knows, maybe the Hawks soon Echols? Can't wait to see your energy and fervour contnue in these threads if that eventuates.
You've got your fingers and toes crossed, eh?

If anyone at Hawthorn is found to have the question marks over them and their history that Hird and the EFC do, then I'll be all for a full investigation.

I'll be honest though, I probably won't bother coming to this board to try and tell others that "there's nothing to see here, so stop speculating!". :)

it is still a good "product" but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because posters dislike hawks the most doesnt make hawthorn a cheating team.

Also of interest to me is people who once said this was a government beat up to distract voters are now berating the government and agencies for not acting quicker

Ray hadley this morning for example

why just Essendon and Melbourne?

Don't tell me you take that "blaise" attitude still think it's just one or two clubs...

I think its more they are the only two to be publicly named.

Personally I think we have two lists:

1) Players
These could be anyone from any club. Doesn't matter if you have shinboner spirit, bloods culture, or if you are carlton and %$#^ the rest, all 18 clubs are at risk on this one, and only an idiot would think otherwise. Player desperate to get in the first 22, avoid delisting, or get back quick from a long term injury are all prime suspects. All clubs have players who tick these boxes.

So now we have the one rogue player mentioned by the ACC, and potentially 30 from six clubs according to Charter (if his mail is actually credible).

2) Club
So who is the other club? I think we can eliminate the interstate clubs (unlikely an interstate club would use a South Yarra chemist), Richmond and the Dogs (both not flag contenders), but after that its pure guess work. Have no doubt the club will be outed soon enough though, so it will be interesting to see if they have a borderline program, or its just Charters speaking s**t

Just because posters dislike hawks the most doesnt make hawthorn a cheating team.

Also of interest to me is people who once said this was a government beat up to distract voters are now berating the government and agencies for not acting quicker

Ray hadley this morning for example

The club needs to be a flag contender with a lot of strong bodied and hard running players, who is running a leading edge sports science program. The Hawks (probably along with the Pies and Cats) are the most obvious Melbourne clubs that fit that criteria, so take it as a complement. My club is 18th for tackles, so no shock no one thinks its Richmond :(

I look forward to the day we find out everyone has been cheating, then we can forget this s**t and worry about getting a kick.

Thats not how it works.

If your wish comes true, look at what happened in MLB and cycling. You issue a whole bunch of asterixes to the record books, and the average punter loses faith in the modern game.

No one will be worrying about getting a kick, because if they get a kick everyone will assume they are juiced.

Shame, because I'm sure you are talking about something interesting... just can't make head nor tails of it! :confused:

sorry to be a smart@rse jenny.

all the hormones and drugs they take, increase the power and strength and explosivity of the muscles capiche?

ok. The white tissue, the ligaments and tendons, do not get proportional strengthening.

the excess force placed on said ligament/tend, sometimes causes a break. hence, you get a rise in injuries. thing is, the docs at affal level, are just groupies, who could wrote learn science thru school and uni. it does not take much of a brain to work out what is occurring.

someone with a good eye, and can recognise the changes in bodies over the past thirty years * see my caveat below
and see the rise in injuries. And not talking weapon dean robinson. talking last 15 years. bones are not supposed to just snap with the frequency. athletes should not be pin cushion acumpuncture patients for anti-inflammatories(cortisone/cortico-steroids). and why do players have cheekbones and jawlines like male models. to be 108 kgs like Cloke and Q Lynch, you used to have to be, either a rugby forward, or Ryan OConner or the Gallopping Gasometer Mick Nolan or Plugger Lockett. In cycling terms, the advent of monsters pushing the scales at 7per cent bodyfat = NOT NORMAL

* the caveat. Ofcourse I know the professionalism of the game, full time application, nutrition and dietetics, protein powders, creatine, strength&conditioning coaches, physios, incentives and $$$.

The athlete and his body will have changed due to these reasons. However, these are all marginal, and have a declining economy. You cant just be Tony Lockett weight at 7% bodyfat dude. NOT NORMAL.

Thats not how it works.

If your wish comes true, look at what happened in MLB and cycling. You issue a whole bunch of asterixes to the record books, and the average punter loses faith in the modern game.

No one will be worrying about getting a kick, because if they get a kick everyone will assume they are juiced.

Well then maybe we need to reassess the whole thing then. It's a world of our own making, perhaps it's time to come off the high horses and look at reality.

The club needs to be a flag contender with a lot of strong bodied and hard running players, who is running a leading edge sports science program. The Hawks (probably along with the Pies and Cats) are the most obvious Melbourne clubs that fit that criteria, so take it as a complement. My club is 18th for tackles, so no shock no one thinks its Richmond :(

We thought that last time and it turned out to be melbourne

Hawthorn has been stable since clarko took over look for a club which has had instability

We thought that last time and it turned out to be melbourne

Hawthorn has been stable since clarko took over look for a club which has had instability

Melbourne doesn't look like a club program, the txts read more like individual player referrals (which will be an issue for many more clubs IMO).

And club culture/stability means s**t on this. Its hit Essendon and they were one of the strongest clubs in the land.

Anyone who thinks their club is immune on this issue (and I have included my own from day 1) is completely and utterly deluded.

Costello was either a bordmember or number one member of Essendon.

no iceberg evo ;)

all tip no iceberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back