Analysis Four Corners Story on Homophobia

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Keefe copped Johnno's elbow to the throat and told in 'forceful' terms that he would not play seniors while Johno was on the list.

Sadly for Guy, he hasn't turned it around and got worse post-AFL career.

Then there were rumours he was belted with a hammer a couple of years back over drug money debts.
I thought he might of straightened himself out. He was still playing local footy around 2016-2017 last I heard.

No idea about the internal workings of the club. I do know Aker had problems with people pretty much from the moment he started at the Dogs though.
He's very busy post-AFL in getting banned from various golf courses around Australia.
I believe Aker went to a bulldogs supporter function last season when we played Brisbane, I heard he was with a few other past players (I can’t remember who).

Perhaps there have been some bridges mended.

Still sounds like a dickhead of the highest order. We actually did well to keep his personality in check from 07-09. He played some good footy particularly in 08-09.

Caro on 3AW today said “what were 4 Corners trying to achieve with that strange story” She understood why there are more homosexual AFLW player than the mens, non story really. And Caro also said she didn’t feel Akers article 15 years ago was in any way homophobic but a warning if you were to come out the media wouldn’t be mature enough. And that him and Bob were just polar opposites in temperaments, but why were they even running with this from so long ago??

Personally I am no fan of Aker, in fact he is a tool. But Bob Murphy as cereberally bohemian and left leaning as he is doesn't speak for everyone. He actually used to annoy the crap out of me with his viewpoint with the dribbler Andy Maher on SEN afternoons.
Could you get a more aligned viewpoint from those two? admire Bob as a player and touchstone in 2015-2017. I am sorry that he didn't get to play in the 2016 Grand Final. However, he annoys me no end in that he thinks his viewpoint on ANY issue is the only viewpoint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back