Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the 3 dollar letter, i swear they are doing this every 6 months now. I remember getting one when they replaced Premier League with BeIn etc.... which was confusing as they saved all that money not paying for epl.

Regardless threatened to cancel and got a discount for the next 12 months.

Not sure if were talking the same thing, but I cant get foxtel GO to work on windows 10, after it was all fine on windows 7. Cant find a fix that works either. **** you Foxtel, I pay you a s**t load every month I expect s**t to work.

Try this:

watch.foxtel.com.au

Need to use Chrome though.

yeah its like your utility
you sign up for a contract that they can alter at any time to charge you more if they feel like it
The contracts are just to guarantee their income. Generally so if you want to walk away before that time you have to pony up, no restrictions on them screwing you during it.

Wow, 10 days of Platinum access on Foxtel Go.

Pretty useless when I have never used the app, apart from to check my account, as I have a Foxtel box and don't want to watch stuff on a tablet or phone.

Just give me the Platinum access all round.

Wow, 10 days of Platinum access on Foxtel Go.

Pretty useless when I have never used the app, apart from to check my account, as I have a Foxtel box and don't want to watch stuff on a tablet or phone.

Just give me the Platinum access all round.
Yeah I just got that too. So I can't cast that to my tv I assume because I don't have multi-room?

If so, it's pretty useless to me.

Probably been done and dusted but having just gone from IQ2 to IQ4 it's totally frustrating using the pause, rewind, play pause technique to watch a run out in the cricket for example.
It just cant be done anymore, the bloody thing jumps 3 or 4 frames ahead of when I pause.
First world problem I know, but * it's annoying.

Yeah, seems that way...I tried using my TV's internet to access the Foxtel GO webpage and was denied.

Foxtel refuse to support concepts such as Chromecast and Apple TV (and, I assume, IPTV, based on your experience). They'd rather flog their inferior Foxtel Play box (a poor man's Chromecast) then allow their subscribers to have streaming options.

Probably been done and dusted but having just gone from IQ2 to IQ4 it's totally frustrating using the pause, rewind, play pause technique to watch a run out in the cricket for example.
It just cant be done anymore, the bloody thing jumps 3 or 4 frames ahead of when I pause.
First world problem I know, but **** it's annoying.
I was told it's because iq2 remotes are infrared which is more or less instantaneous whereas iq3 and up are bluetooth which has the delay.

Tldr - it's a feature.

Foxtel refuse to support concepts such as Chromecast and Apple TV (and, I assume, IPTV, based on your experience). They'd rather flog their inferior Foxtel Play box (a poor man's Chromecast) then allow their subscribers to have streaming options.

They have moved on that, if you have multi-room that is:

Casting
If you have Multiroom, you can now cast from your device to the big screen with Chromecast and Airplay.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtel-go...penService&utm_term=Download&utm_content=logo

But if you have multi-room, in which I assume you have another box, why would you need to cast from your device.

Got the 3 dollar letter, i swear they are doing this every 6 months now. I remember getting one when they replaced Premier League with BeIn etc.... which was confusing as they saved all that money not paying for epl.

Regardless threatened to cancel and got a discount for the next 12 months.

Now they’ve lost the Champions League to Optus as well. But let’s still hike the price up $3 per month. Think I’m done with these campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I just got that too. So I can't cast that to my tv I assume because I don't have multi-room?
If so, it's pretty useless to me.
Yeah, seems that way...I tried using my TV's internet to access the Foxtel GO webpage and was denied.
I think they should at least support Chromecast/Airplay for all users wanting to watch on demand/archived content.

Although not advertised, you can Chromecast from the pc/Laptop Chrome browser

I was told it's because iq2 remotes are infrared which is more or less instantaneous whereas iq3 and up are bluetooth which has the delay.

Tldr - it's a feature.
it's also a nice feature with the bluetooth remote that occasionally the connection drops out and you end up rewinding half an hour when you wanted to go back 15 seconds. Such a brilliant idea, bluetooth remotes ...

it's also a nice feature with the bluetooth remote that occasionally the connection drops out and you end up rewinding half an hour when you wanted to go back 15 seconds. Such a brilliant idea, bluetooth remotes ...

I must admit i've launched the remote a few times because of this..

The worst one ever was fast forwarding Survivor nearing the end and it literally fast forwarded tribal council and the votes and who was voted out.
giphy.gif

The contracts are just to guarantee their income. Generally so if you want to walk away before that time you have to pony up, no restrictions on them screwing you during it.
yeah i Know
lovely little system isn't it
You agree to a contract where you can't change the terms at any time but they can

What shits me about Fox Cricket is they didn't add a new channel, they just took an existing Fox Sports channel and removed all non-cricket from it. So now at 10am Wednesday or 2pm Friday instead of something, anything live you'll get a replay from years ago. Same as what happened when Fox League started last year.

What shits me about Fox Cricket is they didn't add a new channel, they just took an existing Fox Sports channel and removed all non-cricket from it. So now at 10am Wednesday or 2pm Friday instead of something, anything live you'll get a replay from years ago. Same as what happened when Fox League started last year.

There's still 3 full time general sports channels plus Fox Sports More for overflow live matches.

I'd dare say that's all they can fit for now, hence why they're just rebadging channels rather than creating new channels.

There's still 3 full time general sports channels plus Fox Sports More for overflow live matches.

I'd dare say that's all they can fit for now, hence why they're just rebadging channels rather than creating new channels.

About 1 MLB game a week but every game of third tier rugby union from New Zealand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back