Foxtel vs Nine/ten

Remove this Banner Ad

tjrra

Senior List
Mar 26, 2001
Manjimup-Western Australi
I have heard that Foxtel will show 3-4 live games a week and the 9/10 will show delayed games.
We in WA should still get Eagles and Dockers games free to air but delayed. Is that the case?
Being in the country we rely on WIN or GWN for our AFL.

Yes, they will.

i heard Perth and WA will miss about 3 eagles games to foxtel?
Also it BETTER NOT BE BLOODY DELAYED TELECAST!!!!!!!!!!
I've been doing a lot of capitals lately, perhaps i am VERY!!! anxious for the footy season:D

Originally posted by eagleskickass
I've been doing a lot of capitals lately, perhaps i am VERY!!! anxious for the footy season:D
The FTAs always have first dibs on the WA games - guaranteed. If you live in Perth, you can see your teams' games on 9 & 10 (I dunno about regional though). If you're not in Perth, you'll need Foxtel to see WCE games.

Originally posted by Porthos
The FTAs always have first dibs on the WA games - guaranteed. If you live in Perth, you can see your teams' games on 9 & 10 (I dunno about regional though). If you're not in Perth, you'll need Foxtel to see WCE games.
Well i hope the FTA's have first dibs for regional too and they better not all be delayed telecast, i won't be happy if they are!

Well i hope the FTA's have first dibs for regional too and they better not all be delayed telecast, i won't be happy if they are!

What the deal EKA? Does it really matter if the game is shown in Albany 2 hours later...if you just stay at home and dont go on the internet you can watch the game as if its live....no probs..

it's not a matter of the fact i can still watch it, its the fact i SHOULD be able to watch it live as i ALWAYS have been able to.
I don't like watching it delayed as i ALWAYS listen to it on the radio also, so if it is live on there, i will not be able to not listen, then watching it isn't as good.
When the AFL signed on, it was to get as good a deal if not better than the current one in EVERY aspect, not just money, so if it isn't live then they have failed.
I know Perth on't get home games live, but if i lived in perth i'd go to the games.

I'm with EKA on this one. The Eagles have always had brilliant country support and they should not have to wait for delayed telecast and all that bullshti. As for getting Foxtel in most parts of country WA - well, that's not practical. Yet.

Ahhh...ok, ive just never being a big radio listener so if a game is delayed telecast it has never bothered me because i dont know the result anyways....much be a bitch for you though, especially been out in the country and all that...

Originally posted by jod23
Ahhh...ok, ive just never being a big radio listener so if a game is delayed telecast it has never bothered me because i dont know the result anyways....much be a bitch for you though, especially been out in the country and all that...
It would be very annoying
I guess i listen to the radio as i got used to Dad having it on, since he can't see that well(has to sit literally right in front of the TV to see it) so yeah, if it is delayed it will be very annoying.
VOR, it certaintly isn't practical to get Foxtel yet. Where I live, it would be about $350 installation fee($150 more than usual) and they wouldn't know until they installed it if we would get it crystal clear. Then it is $50 bucks a month(like everywhere else i think?)
Now all this is not possible for my parents, they are both pensioners(dad blind pension Mum supporting pension) and so they are having enough trouble paying the net fees yet alone that as well.
At least we got WIN fixed so we get it crystal clear, but it better be live!

Damn hill-billie, get yerself a stronger antenna now, you hear? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

awww..... poor baby...

Try living interstate pal.

A delayed telecast here is like manna from heaven.

I've gone days without using the internet or even talking to friends that know I support WCE, just so I can enjoy a delayed telecast.

If you want to pity someone, pity me dammit!! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back