Fremantle's 4th Pick: Shane Yarran (Rest in Peace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But doesn't have the huge tank either. Or the height. If he was Gunston Mark II he would have gone at pick 5, not late 60's.

I reckon he'll be awesome. Leads well and can get separation on a defender across 5-10m. But thinking that it'll be like adding Gunston is delusional.

Not saying Yarran is like adding Gunston but he could kick as many or more goals than Gunston.
I don't think any of us care how he gets them.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't expect a bloke that was taken in the fourth round, who is 26 years old, to come in and match the output of one of the best 2nd/3rd talls in the business. Keep a lid on it imo and if he turns out to be any sort of upgrade on Mayne we should consider it a win...

Call me a pessimist, but I don't expect a bloke that was taken in the fourth round, who is 26 years old, to come in and match the output of one of the best 2nd/3rd talls in the business. Keep a lid on it imo and if he turns out to be any sort of upgrade on Mayne we should consider it a win...

Ballantyne is in the gun.

I thought S.Yarran recorded the 5th quickest sprint time in AFL history for 20m. Call me old fashioned, but as a forward, if you are quicker on the lead, there is not a defender that can spoil you.. if the ball is delivered in space.

But doesn't have the huge tank either. Or the height. If he was Gunston Mark II he would have gone at pick 5, not late 60's.

I reckon he'll be awesome. Leads well and can get separation on a defender across 5-10m. But thinking that it'll be like adding Gunston is delusional.
I think with the addition of Hale and Guerra our forward line will evolve and that's why I think Yarran is our most similar match to Gunston and his role in the Hawks forward line. Yes, he's not Gunston but should be goal prolific if we get it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Commissioner certainly isn't a Freagle. He's the campaigner that keeps bagging us on the main board.
He certainly is a campaigner.

Please don't feed the trolls, people. I'm looking at you, Frigate.

No different to any other draftee. Not sure why he's getting singled out TBH.

Hows he getting singled out?
Did you see the thread title? It is the Shane Yarran thread.

I was simply giving my opinion as to where I see Shane Yarran at the moment.

I'm pretty excited about picking up Yarran. I think it shows that the club has gotten serious about increasing our scoring power.

I thought S.Yarran recorded the 5th quickest sprint time in AFL history for 20m. Call me old fashioned, but as a forward, if you are quicker on the lead, there is not a defender that can spoil you.. if the ball is delivered in space.

pretty sure Jack Watts dominated the 20m sprint. That worked out well.

Unlikely.
I don't see us totally dropping the pressure forward role. Seeing how Rioli destroyed us in the Prelim, a forward with natural goal instinct may be better at than role that a hard tackling one who can't score. There is a good chance Ballas will take on the role if Mayne is dropped.

rioli got a few cheapies out the back after some horrendous skill errors. He didn't destroy us.

Afl site saying yarran is still recovering from a knee injury and wont be back into full training for a bit. Wonder if that will effect his chance of round 1

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back