Autopsy Game Day Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre game got a very good wrap on 360 last night, talked about in first couple of minutes
Clearly people have no idea that NTUA is a 1 minute countdown to the first bounce. They were talking about the game being held up, the game wasn't held, the song is the countdown! When the song is done the ball is bounced, that's how it works.

You'd think if they'd been there they would've seen the gigantic countdown on the big screen.

Clearly people have no idea that NTUA is a 1 minute countdown to the first bounce. They were talking about the game being held up, the game wasn't held, the song is the countdown! When the song is done the ball is bounced, that's how it works.

You'd think if they'd been there they would've seen the gigantic countdown on the big screen.

According to some dickheads last year it was a contrived singalong foisted upon the support in the middle of the season.

Liked the team entry ( **** the fireworks off though) - loved NTUA.

Game day village was good but music was too loud for what the GDV should be, i feel it should be a bit more relaxed - having said that it was packed so what would I know!

Fireworks and that jazz can piss off the rest is pretty darn good.

The game is what we were there for and that experience was shithouse, from the word go.
Unless it's the Teslar ball from the scoreboard,it should be Not giving in, Club song, NTUA, Game... Nothing more, nothing less! The Farris' should have tossed the coin and did a half time interview! The fireworks were lame and I agree 100% regarding the GDV music,light tunes for a relaxed vibe, not Alternative tunes to become some underground nightspot for hipsters!

I would love for I was only 19 pre Hawthorn match ANZAC day!

Redgum was formed in Adelaide after all so they could do it live. Maybe they could belt this one out too:

'Hanging out at discos brings you down' - Not a truer lyric has been penned in Australian music history.

Instead of NTUA?
No there is always 15-20 minutes of ceremonies for ANZAC day/round games. There is room for John Schumann to sing this on the ground.

Is it too late for the club to place on the seats a t'shirt as they did with first game at AO for the ANZAC Day match?

White shirts with both clubs logo's on them with the ANZAC logo in the middle.... (those with nothing to do, get to the design and post some here)

Is it too late for the club to place on the seats a t'shirt as they did with first game at AO for the ANZAC Day match?

White shirts with both clubs logo's on them with the ANZAC logo in the middle.... (those with nothing to do, get to the design and post some here)

Sounds like a job for the AFL not a freebie from the Club.

The Power's ANZAC Centenary jumper will be something very special and a merchandise item from which the Club should deservedly derive significant income.

Not if you give the club $100,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't all home games important! Didn't see it diluted last year.

Yes they are..... I'm talking about the context of the song, as I said previously, NTUA is a great way to stick up the clowns and the SANFL because they understand, it worked then and can still work now, but it doesn't have the some mojo as it did then. Not for me any way.

I sung NTUA with gusto in the QF last year which was the perfect timing for this song. It has left Richmond supporters in awe and so to Richmond players.

I think we could introduce more songs to our repertoire.

diegodcg we got a new stadium last year and we decided to introduce March from the Mall - an approx 800m from the central shopping area of Adelaide to Adelaide Oval, closing down a few streets along the way. The club started doing it in 2013 for away games in Melbourne only. Started with 500 for Round 1 2013 game vs Melboure at the MCG and had almost 5,000 for the second semi final. For the Preliminary Final last year there were about 15,000 marching. People tell me this is the biggest one in Adelaide at about 8,000. We pinched it off soccer in Europe and the Seattle Sounders in the USA - well the yanks were the first with a band thanks to the insistence of part owner Drew Carey. I went to all the ones mentioned above except for the first one in Melbourne in 2013.

Lining up for the March

The Band leads the way

March to halfway point

diegodcg we got a new stadium last year and we decided to introduce March from the Mall - an approx 800m from the central shopping area of Adelaide to Adelaide Oval, closing down a few streets along the way. The club started doing it in 2013 for away games in Melbourne only. Started with 500 for Round 1 2013 game vs Melboure at the MCG and had almost 5,000 for the second semi final. For the Preliminary Final last year there were about 15,000 marching. People tell me this is the biggest one in Adelaide at about 8,000. We pinched it off soccer in Europe and the Seattle Sounders in the USA - well the yanks were the first with a band thanks to the insistence of part owner Drew Carey. I went to all the ones mentioned above except for the first one in Melbourne in 2013.

Lining up for the March

The Band leads the way

March to halfway point

This is great. I love the feeling of belonging and togetherness among fans in moments such as this. One of things I've always enjoyed, particularly in the big Flamengo games, is the walk from my home to the Maracanã. The streets are usually packed of fans in red and black and everyone's excited and at least for that moment everyone is pulling together for the same objective. I can only imagine that these PAFC marches should be a lot of fun!

Last edited:
I would love for I was only 19 pre Hawthorn match ANZAC day!
That would be fantastic, such a moving song.
Re NTUA - this is a message to the Sanfl and will be relevant forever. They tried to kill us off along with the SA media and almost succeeded. It means a lot to me and is a very powerful message to everyone. The supporter engagement is fantastic and we should'nt change it. It's a strength of the club that would be the envy of other teams

That would be fantastic, such a moving song.
Re NTUA - this is a message to the Sanfl and will be relevant forever. They tried to kill us off along with the SA media and almost succeeded. It means a lot to me and is a very powerful message to everyone. The supporter engagement is fantastic and we should'nt change it. It's a strength of the club that would be the envy of other teams

Love the sentiment, however NTUA is now irrelevant because we now own our license who are not under the control of SANFL no longer. It's a good reminder though.

Love the sentiment, however NTUA is now irrelevant because we now own our license who are not under the control of SANFL no longer. It's a good reminder though.
As long as the SANFL is half of the SMA, as long as we have a team in the SANFL (they STILL want to hobble) and as long as the SA media stick the knife in at every opportunity and promote half truths and outright lies about our club the song will remain relevant.

And even if that all miraclously changed the song would still have relevance as remembering how hard the club and its supporters have fought over the years, just to get fair treatment. Those who ignore history and so on.

You're kidding. Will ANZAC day be irrelevant in a weeks time? And dont worry the SANFL clubs will start agitating to kick us out of the comp and we will be looking at getting our zones back. Its a never ending battle.

Why do they have to continually F*ck with Never Giving In. Even when we do that electricity surge stuff for some big games it changes how we run out. The first 2 mins of of NGI works so well when done normal, everyone gets worked into a frenzy then the players come out and its amazing. By that stage everyone is pumped for NTUA and you can tell the players really respond. Just leave it like normal.

I concur with the general consensus that last week just seemed forced and contrived. Its ok to try some new things but let it grow organically rather then telling us what to do.

On a side-note am i the only one that misses "Hoffcam"?.....i thought so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back