Competitions Gameday:- Port v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

207675.jpg

kthxbye

:D Was that when Kreuzer dropped that chest mark or when the umpires decided to try and give Port a matchwinning lead. They were disgraceful today, so proud we steeled ourselves through that period and went on to dominate, as did Kreuze after that blunder!!!:thumbsu:

Spot on mate. Phone is out and working again, but you're right...the umpires were terrible. I hate complaining about them and try to avoid it at all costs but some of the decisions today were atrocious.

The way the boys came out possessed in the 4th qtr is the reason I have no voice tonight and a good incentibve to call in sick tomorrow!!

I love this funking club!!! CAAAARN BAGGERS!!

One thing that stood out in the 4th was that your guys didn't run out of legs. Having so many midfielder types with big tanks really helped in that last quater, even Krezuer ran all day, really hurt us at the end because Brogan doesn't have that ability.

There was decent support for your guys at the ground, and a good crowd overall.

[YOUTUBE]Y2L1c8Q_7Z8[/YOUTUBE]

So Waite is going to get weeks for Davenport spinning and not being able to avoid making contact?

What a joke.

Poor effort to tackle by Waite, but incidental and not malicious contact as he ran past Davenport. Waite failed to stick the tackle because he watched the ball and not Davenport's hips.

Almost a "Steven Browne" job on Porplyzia which was unavoidable contact.

Waite's elbow nearly knocked the ball out of Davenport's hand.

LOL.

And they clear Hille and Kennedy.

So Waite is going to get weeks for Davenport spinning and not being able to avoid making contact?

What a joke.

Poor effort to tackle by Waite, but incidental and not malicious contact as he ran past Davenport. Waite failed to stick the tackle because he watched the ball and not Davenport's hips.

Almost a "Steven Browne" job on Porplyzia which was unavoidable contact.

Waite's elbow nearly knocked the ball out of Davenport's hand.

LOL.

And they clear Hille and Kennedy.

Thought he just went in for the bump.

Thought he just went in for the bump.
Where was Waite supposed to go there?

Disappear to avoid contact with a smaller player?

Carlton were three goals down, so Waite had to stop Davenport getting past him after three missed tackles.

Imagine the reaction from the Coach if a player had pulled out and let a player get past to kick a goal in a GF because he didn't bump.

If there a similar contest this week, I would like Waite to do exactly what he did there.

The game is going the way of soccer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was Waite supposed to go there?

Disappear to avoid contact with a smaller player?

Carlton were three goals down, so Waite had to stop Davenport getting past him after three missed tackles.

Imagine the reaction from the Coach if a player had pulled out and let a player get past to kick a goal in a GF because he didn't bump.

If there a similar contest this week, I would like Waite to do exactly what he did there.

The game is going the way of soccer...

Waite should not get rubbed out, but he will. It was almost exactly the same as Buddy on Cousins last year, except Waite did more damage. Buddy copped 1 week, which was a disgace, but that's the rule now. Hopefully Waite can get only 1 week with a guilty plea.

I don't regret him doing it though, it was a turning point of the game.

The rule completely sucks, but at the moment if a hip and shoulder makes any head high contact, you're basically stuffed. Accidental or not - doesn't matter. Stupid rule, but it's the rule. Makes it virtually impossible for any player over 190cm to hip and shoulder an opponent.

:)

The rule completely sucks, but at the moment if a hip and shoulder makes any head high contact, you're basically stuffed. Accidental or not - doesn't matter. Stupid rule, but it's the rule. Makes it virtually impossible for any player over 190cm to hip and shoulder an opponent.

:)
Yep, I think David Hille is on report for the third time this year :D

What a joke.

tackle? pardon?

Feel free to explain how what Waite did constitutes a tackle.

Waite will get weeks for elbowing someone plush in the face. No more, no less.

Congrats on the win and for an entertaining game of footy, and for making us your bitches once again, but honestly....youve got more chance of explaining why ghosts exist as to explaining how that was a "tackle".

tackle? pardon?

Congrats on the win and for an entertaining game of footy, but honestly....youve got more chance of explaining why ghosts exist as to explaining how that was a "tackle".
It was closer to a tackle than the one Gibbs got pinged for holding the ball was!

tackle? pardon?

Congrats on the win and for an entertaining game of footy, and for making us your bitches once again, but honestly....youve got more chance of explaining why ghosts exist as to explaining how that was a "tackle".

They do :eek:

2m3kbav.jpg

tackle? pardon?

I forgot I was on BF, so I should have written POOR ATTEMPT TO TACKLE BY WAITE.
Waite didn't deliberately elbow Davenport in the face, but almost ran past an opponent who had already baulked White and Simpson. All Waite did was brace for contact and to lay a bump on Davenport who had ducked and weaved to get past a bigger man.

The contact was less than the shirt front Armfield copped yesterday.

Waite's elbow was as deliberate as Thornton pushing Porplyzia into Browne two years ago.

And Browne was given a week or two weeks before we won.

Poor attempt to lay a tackle, but a soft report.

Should take a week off to practice his tackling if he can take a plea.

Why shouldn't Waite have bumped Davenport?

Waite's elbow is down at 1.07.

It's a contact sport FFS.

I felt Waite's elbow on Dawson at a stoppage was more questionable than this which was in play.

If you lose a GF because a player is afraid to bump a player streaming forward and you can't tackle him, then the game is going to hell in a basket.

I dont care about the bump. A bump was there to be laid and he laid it. But lets not kid ourselves that this:

nyh5e1.jpg

was an attempt to do this:

2m3kbav.jpg
. It clearly wasnt. He lined him up for the bump, he braced himself for the bump, he laid the bump. Simple as that. There is no tackle or attempt to tackle anywhere in what occured.

I dont care about the bump. A bump was there to be laid and he laid it. But lets not kid ourselves that this was an attempted tackle. It clearly wasnt.

At least he didn't jump in the air and charge a player like that filthy Motlop did. That guy is the epitomy of an animal on and off the field.

I can't wait for the day where someone just lines him up and he doesn't get up. Even his own fans wont cheer him on the stretcher.

First quarter.... The commentators quickly called it a hip and shoulder, but if you watch the footage both feet were clearly in the air which under the laws of the game is exactly what constitutes a charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back