Geelong vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Jimmy back in the midfield for a bit. Still a superstar.

Great game from Kelly and Tommhawk too.

Plus I loved watching Guthrie tonight. Only time he got caught holding the ball was when Harvey or Dal Santo kneed him in the head to subdue him. Was killing it out of the packs.

Spot on. So many times the umpire-dictated flow of the game went Geelongs way

Cool story bra

But even neutral supporters (or anyone with Half a brain) would rightly conclude that the umps absolutely carried north.

That Hawkins non mark in the goal square and the non paid advantage to Hawkins were some of the worst decisions I've seen this year. 2 certain goals.

The 2 NM goals in the first came from contentious frees.

There are lots more but I need to point out some of Lindsay work.

The guy is a dead set cheat. Feigns contact like he's been shot at the touch of a shoelace. Flies and flops all over the place.

Would have one of the highest ratios of goals from sheer free kicks than just about anyone. Ever.

Not sure why he does it as he has talent... But would just about be the most hated and least respected player in the game for the above reasons.

Not sure why he does it as he has talent... But would just about be the most hated and least respected player in the game for the above reasons.

Most North supporters hate it too. It's shame because guys like Thomas and Selwood will never get the respect their skills deserve because they often play for frees.

Geelong supporters are complaining about umpires?

How about the goal that Duncan kicked where Scott Thompson was held by Hawkins. Or the ridiculous holding the ball decision against Thompson.

And funny you should mention the mark after the advantage but miss the holding of Ziebell by Hawkins.

And let's not forget to mention the in the back on Thomas from Mackie.

How about the goal that Duncan kicked where Scott Thompson was held by Hawkins. Or the ridiculous holding the ball decision against Thompson.

And funny you should mention the mark after the advantage but miss the holding of Ziebell by Hawkins.

Or Hawkins being held in every contest.

Was that the one where he dragged it back under himself with his foot and then grabbed hold of it?

HTB every day of the week.

Was that the one where he dragged it back under himself with his foot and then grabbed hold of it?

HTB every day of the week.

No it was the one where it was held under him and he didn't even have the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, let's not. I don't want other players to think they can back into a chasing player and expect to get a free for an in-the-back that they initiate.

Or getting a free kick for too high that they initiate.

North were lucky this game didn't become a rout early on with their umpiring advantage.

AFL power rankings final weighting: Cats -19 points.
What does that -19 points signify? I'm not up to scratch with the whole power rankings stuff.

North received the first 4 free kicks of the game, combined with the fact that as I mentioned earlier the umpires DIRECTLY contributed to a 5 goal swing North's way. I seriously doubt you even watched the game, and in that case probably aren't in the best position to be posting about it in the first place.

The also had 2 players off for the blood rule getting their heads to stop bleeding after those 4 free kicks...

Oh please you got about 4 home town frees in the first 10 minutes. The first Geelong goal was a Selwood push in the back plain as day.

After that it evened up. Hawkins mark wasn't paid but there was doubt about it hitting the ground, Majak Daw had a mark about 35 out directly in front bounce mostly off his hands and body and not paid either.

Poorly umpired game = both sides getting good and bad. Stop whining (that goes for either side). But particularly coming from the team who won it's childish.
Did you even watch the game the first three frees went to North

Stop your whinging.You lost fair and square

Last edited:
How about the north melbourne fans start being good sports instead of looking for weak excuses.
I'm not afraid to congratulate Geelong who were just too good for us last night. In fact i'm not a sore loser like many of the others are. I've moved on after we lost.
It's highly embarrassing as a north melbourne supporter to read comments such as "Majak Daw stinks and should be dropped from the team". When it's actually you're attitudes. Even North Melbourne came out and said that the comments about Daw was unnecessary and unfair on him. He's only played 10 games of Footy. Do you guys know how big of a gap it is from VFL to AFL? Yet again some of you sore losers need to take some chill pills and relax.
I'm sure some of you will be either cutting up your memberships, giving Brad Scott some lip, telling those who are sticking with the club that they shouldn't be doing that. C'mon get your heads out of the sand and learn to stop giving out poor excuses. Those of you who think that the umpiring was rubbish it's another weak excuse. Learn the rules of the game or join your local umpiring association and do something with your lives.

Last edited:
How about the north melbourne fans start being good sports instead of looking for weak excuses.
I'm not afraid to congratulate Geelong who were just too good for us last night. In fact i'm not a sore loser like many of the others are. I've moved on after we lost.

Well said :thumbsu:

Geelong & NM are in different stratospheres talent & class wise, very flattering scoreline in what was basically a domination.
Lucky for NM the Cats treated them with contempt which lead to turnovers & kept the game closer than it otherwise would of been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back