Gender Equality Action Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been away on assignment in the Domenican Republic scouting baseball talent. Just got back yesterday and spent a few hours dissecting this thread.
It’s an eye-opener I tell ya.
I think it’s time I hung up the Frankenfurter Apron. I’ve got a new apron anyway that my mum bought me last year and it’s got “Licensed to Grill” written on it. And she got it signed by Stuart Dew and Brad Scott, God bless her sole.

The actual report in 2013 was very careful in not blaming anyone as it wasn't the original aim of the investigation. The 2013 UN report and subsequent investigations have been unable to find sufficient evidence to lay blame at the Assad government, the old, innocent until proven guilty. It is easy for us in the West to blame Assad and Russia playing funny buggers at the UN, on which I do agree with you, as we are supporting the Free Syrian Army, which is essentially a Turkish backed group. Spot on with the Ukraine stuff, I very much don't like what's going on there, but there was a vote in the Crimea and the people there overwhelmingly voted to re-join Russia, then it became an issue of sovereignty, etc, etc.

The same could be said with the US on the UN Security Council, which the US only uses when it conveniences them, like every nation. Like it or not, power (military) dictates foreign relations rather than the left-wing version of liberalism in foreign relations, which focuses more on global development, negotiation and reinforcing the UN.

Neither am I qualified, but the fact remains that a stable organic Syrian government will be more likely to secure peace in the long term than any imposed Turkish or Western backed government, it just creates too much instability and factionalism. The recent examples of Iraq and Afghanistan, there are a few older Central and South American examples of this as well, demonstrate that when it comes to regime change, foreign involvement more often than not ruins the chance for a continuous peace in said affected countries.

Now is Assad a disgrace of a human being, sure, has he killed civilians and committed war crimes, definitely, but it is genuinely always better to deal with the devil you know.

Thanks K4E, and agree with much of what you say, except Crimea was annexed, plain and simple. That election was held under a Russian-backed militant invasion/occupation, with no observers, and it (for good reason) is not seen as valid by the vast majority of world leaders. I too, have big problems with what is going on in Ukraine. No one does sneaky destabilisation quite like Putin.

Thanks K4E, and agree with much of what you say, except Crimea was annexed, plain and simple. That election was held under a Russian-backed militant invasion/occupation, with no observers, and it (for good reason) is not seen as valid by the vast majority of world leaders. I too, have big problems with what is going on in Ukraine. No one does sneaky destabilisation quite like Putin.
I never said the election was valid, lol, more so the votes reflecting a Russian pro-vote as they are the only results we have, legitimate or not. Good old early Soviet era type elections. As I said, now in a reworded way, the fact the election was held at all without any major Ukrainian political involvement, at state or federal level, cannot be be valid as it affects Ukrainian sovereignty, etc. I’m on the Ukrainian side on this one, despite their political, logistical, economic and military issues.

Can I get the TLDR of this thread?
Gender targets is leftist bullshit.
No gender targets is right traditionalist nonsense.

I've only lurked in this thread for ages because it's a bit of a mass debate.

Don’t forget the ai workforce part.

No truer words have been posted on Big Footy Ever :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that how I will receive my hand jobs in the future? :stern look

1310MAE_SR_cv_light-bulb.jpg

Just reading with absolute disgust that the AFL is paying hush money to women who are claiming sexual harassment and what not. Sure, that was acceptable a few months ago, but in this current climate, it’s not on.
If Gill’s name was Shane, I can just hear Darren Hinch now “Shane, Shane, Shane.”

Since I've followed politics the last few months, classic liberals seem to be in no mans land and would seem they wouldwant labels for the far left. And I know the 'right/conservatives' label liberalism quite badly, but whom they're referring to is really the far left, or radical left.

People like Dave Rubin, Joe Rogan, Carl Benjimin, Petersen etc who classifiy themselves as liberals.....they're all also being dumped in being right (perhaps guilty by association or purposely by the media as it doesn't fit their narrative/agenda) or alt-right. Seems the far left have really radically changed the landscape and the true definition of being a liberal is not what it used to be in a lot of peoples eyes.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Anyone classifying Rogan and Peterson as alt-right misunderstands the material.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Anyone classifying Rogan and Peterson as alt-right misunderstands the material.

Peterson is an academic with his head up his arse chasing what he feels is his lost entitlement. Joe Rogan is a very interesting guy tho. Wouldn't have been my first choice to host the doco about Rick Strassman. But he could probably handle a night or two in a particular cave down the valley tripping his balls off on 5-Meo. I doubt the other w***er could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back