No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, that’s 1.15 million dollars to just sit in a framed box at home like the premiership medallions already do.

Noones wearing a *ing premiership ring out to Revolver on a Saturday night, or anytime for that matter.

Why do we have to copy the yanks for?

How about providing a medallion for the other participants that played in a game for that year who contributed to the success of the team winning it all?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not quite true.... David Williams (sea Eagles winger) has two premiership rings.... He wore them out partying. He had no premiership rings now 🤦‍♂️😂😂

Don't like that we are heading into a 19 team competition, but it probably means each team will get 2 byes
Probably appropriate for the extended season length.

Cut the season into 3rds.

With the last third determined by ladder position for return matches.

I.e. play 4 games against teams in your 3rd of the ladder with 2 from each of the other two thirds.

All of a sudden you have plenty of "8 point" games every week. And makes getting into finals much more interesting.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not quite true.... David Williams (sea Eagles winger) has two premiership rings.... He wore them out partying. He had no premiership rings now 🤦‍♂️

Dumb yanks, shouldn’t be following their lead at all.
Though I didn’t know they gave one to all participants who played a game, must have found a brain cell to make that excellent call

Where do they think they'll get the players? Lol

The talent pool is already so depleted before Tassie even enters the frame.

Meanwhile, kids are choosing basketball and world football in droves..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

You would think that one of the Victorian clubs would seriously have a look at relocating, consider the possibilities that sooner rather than later one or more of the Vic clubs will have to merge or die.

We can't keep increasing the number of clubs all the time.

To merge is very close to dying anyway so why not go to the AFL and say we will relocate if you give us a stadium (or $$ to build one), draft consessions (first dibs on NT talent) and debts paid. Something like what North were offered to go to the GC.

Where do they think they'll get the players? Lol

The talent pool is already so depleted before Tassie even enters the frame.

Meanwhile, kids are choosing basketball and world football in droves..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Kids have always chosen basketball as a sport to play and has always been incredibly popular for as long as I can remember, pretty much 75% of the kids in my sons U14 year group (3 teams) in footy play it.

Soccer, a lot of kids give it a go but it doesn’t translate to ongoing participation very well, which in turn attendance at A- League.

Kids look at the quality of overseas comps and then the quality here and the gap is so huge in quality that they just don’t want to go.

If you’re any good you get whisked away overseas before any meaningful contribution domestically, which significantly dilutes the spectacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fed9c4119-e618-4b7f-9d26-36138ceb43e7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back