General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legumes include things like chickpeas, lentils etc. if you have a bag of frozen peas then you have legumes. Dried legumes/pulses are very cheap in volume, last an age and are easily storable. Capers are little berries that are sold preserved in vinegar or salt. They are an ingredient in a number of Italian dishes. Like anchovies, a little goes a long way. They are very tangy and delicious. Your method sounds pretty good too though - I’m a bit limited by freezer storage space. Dark chocolate is chocolate without milk or milk powder or other dairy added (but you knew that so I’m not fooled)
Well **** me ya learn something new every day cheers.

Our ******* P.M couldn't get an Ad out quick enough to tell us how great he was during the fires . Why hasn't the Health Dept run an ad explaining things like "How to wash you hand Properly " or other things related to this current Virus ?
As for the panic buying , I am glad the 2 women in NSW have been charged for that episode of fighting over toilet paper of all things . I really feel for the kids on the check-outs that have to deal with this , especially with city people invading country super markets and cleaning up as well .
probably because the virus is no more deadly than the normal flu

And crazy bulk buying is helping the economy trickle along

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

So some Freo player has been sent for testing for the Coronavirus. Hope he hasn’t got it. Or if he does have it, self isolated after exposure and didn’t go anywhere near the club, because otherwise that’s round one for Freo and Bombers likely called off I would think? I don’t really know though, I don’t know how long after exposure the test would be viable, hence how long it would take to clear all players of a viral infection.

So some Freo player has been sent for testing for the Coronavirus. Hope he hasn’t got it. Or if he does have it, self isolated after exposure and didn’t go anywhere near the club, because otherwise that’s round one for Freo and Bombers likely called off I would think? I don’t really know though, I don’t know how long after exposure the test would be viable, hence how long it would take to clear all players of a viral infection.
I wonder if they'd call it off and split the points, or if they'd push it back a few days?

I reckon they'd probably go close to doing the same for our game against West Coast, given Freo played them on Saturday.

I wonder if they'd call it off and split the points, or if they'd push it back a few days?

I reckon they'd probably go close to doing the same for our game against West Coast, given Freo played them on Saturday.
If whoever it was played against WC then I would say our game might be affected also - assuming a positive test. At the moment Doctors who test someone who has been exposed to someone with the virus are telling the person to self isolate even where the test is negative, then re-testing a few days later.

Cross fingers the bloke doesn’t have it, or if he does, that it is someone that didn’t play against WC

If whoever it was played against WC then I would say our game might be affected also - assuming a positive test. At the moment Doctors who test someone who has been exposed to someone with the virus are telling the person to self isolate even where the test is negative, then re-testing a few days later.

Cross fingers the bloke doesn’t have it, or if he does, that it is someone that didn’t play against WC
As much as I want to see us play against the Eagles , I think getting called off and splitting the points would be a very good result for us.

Wouldn't matter if he played against them, still would have been in the rooms and trained with the guys etc.

Wouldn't matter if he played against them, still would have been in the rooms and trained with the guys etc.
Unless it’s Hogan or someone not playing.

Likely the guy is okay. Apparently a player exhibited flu symptoms and is being tested because he had contact with a friend from China who was quarantined upon entry (but never displayed any flu symptoms). So hopefully the guy has your regular variety flu.

He didn't play in the Marsh game but yeah as Topkent said, training etc, if he comes back positive all Freo list needs to be tested and then any Eagles that played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it matter too much whether his name was released or not? Why should Freo be able to withold that information?
because he was never confirmed to have the virus

Until someone is confirmed to have the virus then why should they have their name(s) released to the public?

Does it matter too much whether his name was released or not? Why should Freo be able to withold that information?
If you submit to an HIV test from a medical professional, do you think some media person should tweet about it? Medical information in private. There might even be laws about this

If you submit to an HIV test from a medical professional, do you think some media person should tweet about it? Medical information in private. There might even be laws about this
At first I figured this was no different than a player going in for a foot scan. Media seagulls hanging out the front of the physio trying to get a scoop. But this is a little more personal surely. Name should have never been released IMO.

At first I figured this was no different than a player going in for a foot scan. Media seagulls hanging out the front of the physio trying to get a scoop. But this is a little more personal surely. Name should have never been released IMO.
I agree, this will make it less likely for others to volunteer to get detected if they are feeling flu-like symptoms

Rumors going around the season could be postponed, potentially up to 4 weeks.

I was counting on you Aussies to keep sports fans of the world entertained. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Its all speculation, but the precedent has been sent by NBA, NHL, WTA - Tennis. You only have to look at Italy and see what happens if you don't act soon enough.

Although an over reaction in some eyes, it seems getting onto it early and stopping the spread will prevent the hospital systems from being overwhelmed.

Its all speculation, but the precedent has been sent by NBA, NHL, WTA - Tennis. You only have to look at Italy and see what happens if you don't act soon enough.

Although an over reaction in some eyes, it seems getting onto it early and stopping the spread will prevent the hospital systems from being overwhelmed.

No doubt.

I’m curious if the NRL will finish out their full slate of games this weekend.

Mikel Arteta has coronavirus and the Arsenal squad is in quarantine. Anyone who thinks sport is being played for the next few months is now deluding themselves :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back