Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could be really good with the longer quarters to have Petracca playing 5 mins a quarter forward. He is still really good as a forward and he hasn’t played full time midfield at 20 minute quarters yet. Keep him similar to dusty and danger, they are really dangerous when they are playing forward and mid.

This is totally arbitrary and not really how things work but if ‘midfield time’ adds up to something like 500% between the three on ballers and two wingers I’d say it should look like:

Langdon - 90%
Brayshaw - 80%
Oliver - 75%
Viney - 70%
Harmes - 60%
Petracca - 50%
Rivers - 25%
Jackson - 20%
TMac - 20%
Pickett - 10%

Tomlinson and Salem also able to go in there, with remaining percentage for each player spent either on the bench or in another part of the ground.

This is totally arbitrary and not really how things work but if ‘midfield time’ adds up to something like 500% between the three on ballers and two wingers I’d say it should look like:

Langdon - 90%
Brayshaw - 80%
Oliver - 75%
Viney - 70%
Harmes - 60%
Petracca - 50%
Rivers - 25%
Jackson - 20%
TMac - 20%
Pickett - 10%

Tomlinson and Salem also able to go in there, with remaining percentage for each player spent either on the bench or in another part of the ground.
Not including wingers, this was our centre bounce attendees last season, basically who was playing midfield
45903C1D-119F-4F7D-AA23-15E39D970306.jpeg

Don't see what Pickett has done to earn midfield time yet... would rather Jayden Hunt or Fritsch on a wing at this stage

Don't see what Pickett has done to earn midfield time yet... would rather Jayden Hunt or Fritsch on a wing at this stage
Spent a lot of time around stoppages last year. More dangerous by foot there than most in the team even if he only gets it once or twice

I say bugger making em earn it.
Run hard, kick the ball well.

Get on the wing.

Probably the most overrated position in the AFL
Nah, hbf is most overrated. Easiest position, run off your man, hang around the pack waiting for a handball and then do whatever offensively. It does make them good to watch though. Wing is important, imagine if we didnt have Langdon.

Nah, hbf is most overrated. Easiest position, run off your man, hang around the pack waiting for a handball and then do whatever offensively. It does make them good to watch though. Wing is important, imagine if we didnt have Langdon.
We made a prelim without wingers.
Not that important. There isn't even 10 good wingers in the AFL.

I say bugger making em earn it.
Run hard, kick the ball well.

Get on the wing.

Probably the most overrated position in the AFL
Yeah it’s not like playing in the midfield is some kind of prize. Pickett has more skill than most and runs hard enough to make it to midfield contests anyway.

Nice to have one tho ...
An even him at his best which it was, didn't get us into finals.

Langdons good but as I said before the start of last year he only gets the ball 20 odd times and kicks it 10-15. He also gets more than half his kicks in the defensive half.

There's still 50-100 kicks being taken by Petracca/Oliver/Brayshaw/Viney/Harmes etc.
If those guys don't learn to use the ball better it doesn't matter if we have Darren Jarman and Aussie Jones flying down the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdons good but as I said before the start of last year he only gets the ball 20 odd times and kicks it 10-15. He also gets more than half his kicks in the defensive half.

There's still 50-100 kicks being taken by Petracca/Oliver/Brayshaw/Viney/Harmes etc.
If those guys don't learn to use the ball better it doesn't matter if we have Darren Jarman and Aussie Jones flying down the wings.

Think wingers are important but you also need good kicks in the forward half which is is why playing Salem at half back is a waste. Salem isn't an overly penetrating kick like Melksham but he places kicks super well and gets the ball from hand to foot very quickly - qualities much better up forward than down back.

Langdon’s biggest impact was his defensive running which helped our back 6 IMO. Have said it a thousand times but as far as scoring chains go half forwards are more important than wingers
His biggest asset was he can create an extra man in defence and attack because of how hard he works. Skill wise he's nothing special

It's a good skill

Think about every time Langdon was wide open on a wing and was the release kick out of our back 50. If he's not there, the ball's either trapped in our backline or it's a hack kick down the line.

Think about every time Langdon was wide open on a wing and was the release kick out of our back 50. If he's not there, the ball's either trapped in our backline or it's a hack kick down the line.
Lol you make it sound like no other person in our team could stand in space.

Matt Jones used to do that for us.

Tigs have won 3 flags, who's they're amazing wingers?
I'm not saying Langdon isn't good, he is. But I'd trade him for a quality HFF any day of the week

Langdon - 90%
Brayshaw - 80%
Oliver - 75%
Viney - 70%
Harmes - 60%
Petracca - 50%
Rivers - 25%
Jackson - 20%
TMac - 20%
Pickett - 10%

Don’t mind this however I think in order to play the wing role effectively you need to actually spend a good amount of time there to learn it and get a feel for the game/getting to good spots.

Going off your percentages I assume you are saying TMac, Jackson, Rivers and probably Brayshaw/Harmes will be spending time on the opposite wing to Langdon. To me that’s far too much rotation and won’t allow any of them to settle into that position

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't mean a heap but really happy to see this when traditionally we've been pretty poor with bringing past players back into the fold.

All the little things help. Our media image is really good right now, high promotion of the women's team, regular training updates and then bits and pieces like this and Kobe Farmer going to get a list spot. No drama, no racism report. Only negativity is Brown's knee, but who knows whats happening there. All smiles and rainbows.

Apparently Choco organized the past players thing.

All the little things help. Our media image is really good right now, high promotion of the women's team, regular training updates and then bits and pieces like this and Kobe Farmer going to get a list spot. No drama, no racism report. Only negativity is Brown's knee, but who knows whats happening there. All smiles and rainbows.

Not sure if Kobe is confirmed yet but fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back