Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the little things help. Our media image is really good right now, high promotion of the women's team, regular training updates and then bits and pieces like this and Kobe Farmer going to get a list spot. No drama, no racism report. Only negativity is Brown's knee, but who knows whats happening there. All smiles and rainbows.
It's kinda like....

Where's the catch? Surely it's coming.

Apparently Choco organized the past players thing.

Not sure if Kobe is confirmed yet but fingers crossed.
Have a good feeling about choco, he sees things from the outsiders perspective. Be it something like this, or (hopefully) why we break concentration and give up late goals.

But getting these past players back in is a fantastic idea.

Found this clip by accident while looking up Shaun Smith.

About 90 seconds in Drew Morphett: Melbourne heading for a goalless quarter...in perfect conditions. Ah some things never change.

The amount of times i've seen 7's Big league or the winners on youtube, that has a game featuring us. We'll be like 5 goals up at Vic park or something, and then go down and lose

The amount of times i've seen 7's Big league or the winners on youtube, that has a game featuring us. We'll be like 5 goals up at Vic park or something, and then go down and lose
I've seen a game from 1990 against the bombers at windy hill where essendon get to 30 plus points early in the last and we suddenly flick the switch and completely dominated play. Darren Bennett starts to dominate and stynes? cops an late bump/elbow to the head which would most likely be a 6 week suspension today.

Premiership is the pass mark this year

No excuses or i will
Kick the bong over and rub my face in the bong water

We are going all the way this year
Maybe just drink the bong water now and avoid the pain later on

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

it might be because of current things but i rewatched the game we won against collingwood in 2015 and it just feels appropriate

it might be because of current things but i rewatched the game we won against collingwood in 2015 and it just feels appropriate
Was that the press red for Ed game?

Might have been, I reckon you're right. This was a great day we finally beat Collingwood after 8 years, was part of my birthday present and Jones really stood up in the last quarter I reckon he bombed a long goal outside 50 to seal it. Also I remember I had a really bad cold a week earlier so by this week I was on the mend so all positives. Having said that I think the Aussies were doing terrible in the cricket. I think earlier the year we had a close game and loss but this game felt like we has passed them. Two bad it was reversed 2 years later.

Might have been, I reckon you're right. This was a great day we finally beat Collingwood after 8 years, was part of my birthday present and Jones really stood up in the last quarter I reckon he bombed a long goal outside 50 to seal it. Also I remember I had a really bad cold a week earlier so by this week I was on the mend so all positives. Having said that I think the Aussies were doing terrible in the cricket. I think earlier the year we had a close game and loss but this game felt like we has passed them. Two bad it was reversed 2 years later.

I'm disappointed I could never find a full version of that game with his commentary. Some of the funniest football related content I've seen is when KB did it for a North v Richmond game. Richmond got up by about 5 goals at half time and North came back and ended up winning.

I'm disappointed I could never find a full version of that game with his commentary. Some of the funniest football related content I've seen is when KB did it for a North v Richmond game. Richmond got up by about 5 goals at half time and North came back and ended up winning.

Yes it's good when it's all a bit of fun but press red for ed isn't a novelty you just need to find any Collingwood game when Eddie's commentating particularly those Friday nights in the channel 9 era lol.

Yes it's good when it's all a bit of fun but press red for ed isn't a novelty you just need to find any Collingwood game when Eddie's commentating particularly those Friday nights in the channel 9 era lol.
I actually think Ed was one of the better commentators.
At least you could tell he loved footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was, but you got a could showcase indigenous support that game. Ya got jeffy kicking a goal and doing a dance, jetta taking a hanger. Jones pointing to the flag on his wrist. Also not indigenous but you got lumumba getting the W against his old side while getting hard booed, Then obviously Ed making an ass out of himself

Never said he was bad just that every Collingwood game he commentates it's already red for ed. Still wouldn't put him in the best though just not as bad as your Dwayne Russell of the world.
Yeah agree. I actually think he's a poor commentator. He usually picks a team he wants to win and goes overboard with the cheering for that team. Comes across as forced most of the time. Plus his voice just kinda shits me and reminds me of Collingwood and you know he really doesn't give two shits who wins. Not the worst, but nowhere near the top callers..

Bernie Vince went HAM that game. Was a fun time, without much expectation of winning, but also seeing continual improvement, the wins were really great and optimism high.

Bernie's years in 14-16 really remind me of that goldilocks zone of hope in the dees endless cycle of rebuild and disappointment. Definitely my favourite player from that time.

Bernie Vince went HAM that game. Was a fun time, without much expectation of winning, but also seeing continual improvement, the wins were really great and optimism high.

Bernie's years in 14-16 really remind me of that goldilocks zone of hope in the dees endless cycle of rebuild and disappointment. Definitely my favourite player from that time.
You almost forget how good he was in his BNF year, didn't he have like 40 odd and kick 3 against North haha.

He always seemed to love playing the Pies too for some reason
One of the few players who can restrict Pendlebury when given a job on him. I love Bernie

Favourite Bernie moment was when we were garbage and had to play Adelaide over in Adelaide when they were quite good.

He went straight to Dangerfield and scragged him all day in front of a hostile crowd. We lost but played really well given the gulf in talent between the two teams. Made me proud to be a Melbourne supporter after 10~ years of being a joke.

Favourite Bernie moment was when we were garbage and had to play Adelaide over in Adelaide when they were quite good.

He went straight to Dangerfield and scragged him all day in front of a hostile crowd. We lost but played really well given the gulf in talent between the two teams. Made me proud to be a Melbourne supporter after 10~ years of being a joke.

* yeah that might be one of my favourite all time Melbourne games individually. What a legend.

I was at that game.

During the game I couldn't work out why Vince was getting boo'ed so hard (mind you my mate and I had knocked back a lot of beers). It wasn't until later that night watching the highlights we worked out why the crowd was so hostile towards him

My main memory from that game was Watts shirking a marking contest in the middle of the ground and Taylor Walker absolutely giving it to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back