Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sit next to an iPad on face time probably
Hope not. I have already been sent my individualised player message which was pretty exciting. Nath reckons he's really looking forward to hanging out, and said 'take it easy' and gave me a thumbs up and everything so that was massive. Confused the s**t out of about 50 of my colleagues that I made sit through it the next day

Hope not. I have already been sent my individualised player message which was pretty exciting. Nath reckons he's really looking forward to hanging out, and said 'take it easy' and gave me a thumbs up and everything so that was massive. Confused the sh*t out of about 50 of my colleagues that I made sit through it the next day

Take it easy, PG. :thumbsu:

It’s good to start out the year beating the teams that we theoretically can beat. Everyone drops games at some point. What you don’t need is the usual demons special of being thumped when coming out as overwhelming favourites against someone.

It’s a start anyway, and I’m absolutely taking it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We smashed them again. I'm just not sure if we give up to many chances or teams are getting lucky.
We really did, a lot of the Giants’ goals were pretty infuriating as a dees supporter, not from good passages of play but skill errors from us and unlucky goals out the back, we really were on top for most of the game.

That’s why early wins are gold, no side is playing 100%, and I have no doubt we’ll improve from here.

Not sure where to put this... and apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else and I've missed it. I thought there was a thread for ex-Dees players somewhere, but only can only the "recent delistings" one, which seems primarily to feature where ex-Dees players are still playing football.

In my memory Rod Owen had played more than one season with us, but anyway:

Sad story of a great talent that was only seen in very brief flashes due to all of his understandable problems. Hope he has found some peace now and goes from strength to strength.

It's really weird how good Melbourne comes off in that story in comparison to St Kilda, because: a) We've had our own player problems from that era, though mostly gambling related? and, b) We really didn't perform much better than the Saints.

Not sure where to put this... and apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else and I've missed it. I thought there was a thread for ex-Dees players somewhere, but only can only the "recent delistings" one, which seems primarily to feature where ex-Dees players are still playing football.

In my memory Rod Owen had played more than one season with us, but anyway:

Sad story of a great talent that was only seen in very brief flashes due to all of his understandable problems. Hope he has found some peace now and goes from strength to strength.

It's really weird how good Melbourne comes off in that story in comparison to St Kilda, because: a) We've had our own player problems from that era, though mostly gambling related? and, b) We really didn't perform much better than the Saints.
Played one season with us ( 9 games ) before we traded him to Brisbane i think.

Yeah, that's what the article says, just seems like he was with us longer than that to me... not that I'm questioning their veracity. Maybe he made more of an impact than your usual 9-game, one-year player?

Yeah, that's what the article says, just seems like he was with us longer than that to me... not that I'm questioning their veracity. Maybe he made more of an impact than your usual 9-game, one-year player?
I'll always know what you just did

It’s such a harrowing story. I emerged from it furious at the world and St Kilda in particular. Stuff financing your Moorabbin base until you have sorted something resembling compensation for this broken man and his family

He went from having a strong support system at the dees in 91' and playing good footy until a knee injury than upto Brisbane in '92 riding a bmx bike to training and living in a dodgy sharehouse. Bloody tough going in that little period for Rod when at the dees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back