Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just thinking ahead - North play over in this part of the country this weekend, and are due to play us in Hobart next weekend. Right now the Tasmanian state government has classed Perth as a high risk area. From their government website:

"Travellers who have spent time in a high-risk area or premises in the 14 days before arriving in Tasmania are not permitted to enter Tasmania, unless approved as an Essential Traveller."

As an essential traveller, they'll still be required to do 14 days of quarantine unless on compassionate grounds, which isn't exactly applicable here.

I'm guessing the Tasmanian government will provide an exemption, as right now the game can't go ahead based on their own rules.

Otherwise we might be rocking up at Marvel for this match instead.

Was thinking the same thing would be great if the game is relocated. I don't understand why north played Adelaide at marvel and Melbourne at Hobart should be the other way around. Anyway I think this will all change by next week.

FYI I booked both, but when you pay exorbertae fees for MCC I think I should take the subjectively worse seats for the fact it's MCC

I get what you are saying 2a on the wing is a great view I use to sit there but yeah if I had an mcc membership I would feel inclined to use it.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
And footy turns me back into a ******* child sometimes, bloody Brayshaw boots one on the full and I'm punching my couch yelling for fu** sake.
Can't even enjoy the games until late in the last when it's over either
I am so glad to hear it's not just me with those reactions.

My couch taking out a restraining order soon

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Any of you guys coming tomorrow
Either choosing between a seat of Level 2A Melb members, Row A, opposite the members Wing.
Or in the MCC level 1 Bay 44 (really close, but not quite at the race) row R.
Anyone else Coming to either? I'll
Yep my first game of the year. AFL members level 2 🥳

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
And footy turns me back into a ******* child sometimes, bloody Brayshaw boots one on the full and I'm punching my couch yelling for fu** sake.
Can't even enjoy the games until late in the last when it's over either

Without the emotional investment that creates that kind of behavior... what even is the point, right?

Just thinking ahead - North play over in this part of the country this weekend, and are due to play us in Hobart next weekend. Right now the Tasmanian state government has classed Perth as a high risk area. From their government website:

"Travellers who have spent time in a high-risk area or premises in the 14 days before arriving in Tasmania are not permitted to enter Tasmania, unless approved as an Essential Traveller."

As an essential traveller, they'll still be required to do 14 days of quarantine unless on compassionate grounds, which isn't exactly applicable here.

I'm guessing the Tasmanian government will provide an exemption, as right now the game can't go ahead based on their own rules.

Otherwise we might be rocking up at Marvel for this match instead.
Didn't Vic declare Perth a red zone too? Wouldn't north be required to quarantine for two weeks when they come back?

No they will get an exception.
Will they? Depends on arrival and movement surely

EDIT: Also very relevant that the game is meant to be in Tassie. Would have to move to Marvel.

Will they? Depends on arrival and movement surely

EDIT: Also very relevant that the game is meant to be in Tassie. Would have to move to Marvel.

I very much doubt that Victoria would seek to hold up the competition by forcing North to quarantine.

Difference here is that none of the North players are Tassie residents.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hope they leave the game in Tassie.

Just fkin booked in flights and an AirBnB yesterday.

Simple thing would be to test all the Norf players after the game today. Negative result and then Tassie should be fine to go ahead.

Hope they leave the game in Tassie.

Just fkin booked in flights and an AirBnB yesterday.

Simple thing would be to test all the Norf players after the game today. Negative result and then Tassie should be fine to go ahead.

They were saying on SEN it's unlikely to go ahead as Tassie doesn't offer exceptions like Victoria does. What will most likely happen is next weeks game will remain in Vic and one of Norths other home games will relocate to Tassie later in the year.

Still waiting on the AFL's decision though.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I thought this was the case but SEN confirming it, last time we were 6-0 we sacked Norm Smith as coach haha. (Not at 6-0 don’t know when but that year?)

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
They were saying on SEN it's unlikely to go ahead as Tassie doesn't offer exceptions like Victoria does. What will most likely happen is next weeks game will remain in Vic and one of Norths other home games will relocate to Tassie later in the year.

Still waiting on the AFL's decision though.
This is the only Dees game I'll be able to see live this year. Every game I've seen live at Bellerive we have lost. Don't take this away from me AFL

I thought this was the case but SEN confirming it, last time we were 6-0 we sacked Norm Smith as coach haha. (Not at 6-0 don’t know when but that year?)
I heard some one say that last night, but I thought they were taking the piss

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Watching Adem Yze's son play junior footy against my little brother. Kid's no chance for father son, but geez he's good. The thing is though, kids a power forward, he'd be 190+ cm at 14/15 and built. Clunks pack marks like mad.

Watching Adem Yze's son play junior footy against my little brother. Kid's no chance for father son, but geez he's good. The thing is though, kids a power forward, he'd be 190+ cm at 14/15 and built. Clunks pack marks like mad.
Adems older brother Damien was a very good full forward in the county leagues. Kid might play more like his uncle

Adems older brother Damien was a very good full forward in the county leagues. Kid might play more like his uncle
Yeah that was my thought. He's kicked about 6 at full forward/ruck and maybe BOG in a 140-6 win. Is the best mark I've ever seen at junior level. But strangely can't kick for goal?????

Tension between some of the board members and Smith was already around in 1964, part of the reason Barassi left.

We went 8-0 in 1965 coming off a premiership, lost the next 3 of the next games and Norm Smith was sacked.

Frank Checker Hughes coached the round 13 game but Smith was reinstated the following week after a huge backlash.

Smith said things were never the same again as Melbourne missed the finals for the first time since 1953 and the club has been cursed ever since

Yeah that was my thought. He's kicked about 6 at full forward/ruck and maybe BOG in a 140-6 win. Is the best mark I've ever seen at junior level. But strangely can't kick for goal?????

If he's grown a tonne recently (might have happened if he's 14 & 190+cm?) he's probably just going through an unco phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back