Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I support the boomers Trump is a genuine disgrace.

this is why I hate politics. I hate both sides so much. There are no winners, only losers. I long for the day when its not mandatory to vote for any dickhead.
You are so right. Without getting into the politics thing too much, the standard of politics the world over has gone down the toilet over the past couple of decades.

Forcing people to vote does nothing to change that. It just reinforces the status quo.

If you legitimately have a reasonable quality recording of the 64 Grand Final that is incredible historical footage that as far as I knew had been lost to time. I suspect even the AFL would be interested in such a record.

I've never done it myself but I understand you can can get programs that will record tapes and turn them into digital files that can be used however you like. From my understanding, with the right cable you can actually connect a VHS player to your computer and use programs which will make a digital copy of the tapes contents.

I remember Supermercado talking with Whateley when he launched his book on SEN about there only being 16 mins footage of the game

Tell ya mate to sell it to me Mister for $10 , (in my best rick Harrison) cant do a penny more, ive got to frame it, it will sit in the shop for ages and gather dust etc etc

I remember Supermercado talking with Whateley when he launched his book on SEN about there only being 16 mins footage of the game

Tell ya mate to sell it to me Mister for $10 , (in my best rick Harrison) cant do a penny more, ive got to frame it, it will sit in the shop for ages and gather dust etc etc
I'll ask im!

Unless I'm mistaken, I think this is the only publicly available footage of the game.

Would be a decent oversight by super to not check YouTube before stating there is only 16 mins footage. :tearsofjoy:

Yep. I didn’t join until 2015 or so. Not because I’m super young - more because I thought forums were the work of the devil and sucked out your soul or something.

Some all powerful person should get to changing your team to Melbourne at some stage today

You're not wrong there. Plus we do go for the Dees, so there's that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 100% certain to play finals.

Would be very Melbourne to miss from 14.5 wins, nek minute we find out Viney is on 2.5 mil a year over 5 years, we're over the cap and booted from the 8.
Cats. Bombers was, um, one fifty something. Equally depressing mind
Bomber's game 148 point loss is more depressing imo Geelong were at least a good side, freakishly good.

You missed one of my main points. Kids today do not know how to deal with adversity

Most boomers dealt with massive adversity and instead of taking mental health leave, blaming others for their misfortunes or crying 'poor me' they rolled their socks up and fought threw the hardship to achieve something. It's not like there weren't a % of the population that were rich as fu** back then either.

My parents are boomers, I remember as a kid having sheets as curtains and driving in a shitty car if we went on a holiday. We bought clothes only from the market because they were cheaper. That generation did those things to save money to afford their house when interest rates were at ridiculous prices and they did it when they were late teens/early 20's with kids to look after. Now days kids complaining about the prices of houses while they blow cash on holidays, phones, clothes ext without blinking an eyelid. That same kid who is complaining about wealth inequity has just just dropped $30k on some bullshit arts degree and think they are woke

Adversity is living through wars, famine ext. Not sitting at home whining because you can't afford a house in the area you want. You can't afford a house in the city move out to the country

Hell it's not like I'm old or a boomer myself I just don't/won't accept this soft give up attitude. You won't achieve anything if you are giving yourself an out even before you start trying
No point arguing based on anecdotal arguments. The generalisations of whole generations are too broad anyway, the good and the bad side of political decisions left and right can be lumped into a generation.

There is lots of evidence that younger australians face worse economic prospects than in the past.

https://theconversation.com/for-the...to-be-worse-off-than-the-one-before-it-121983

Youth unemployment is at its highest since 1997. Lots of surveys show credit card debt is lower in millennials and budgeting more common than older gens. High interest rates are s**t when you own a home, especially if its highly leveraged, but saving when the interest rate is 0.1 is s**t as well.

You can want things to be more equal and just for other people without giving up and expecting things to just happen for yourself. People can also demand better conditions and not be dismissed as whingers.

The silent generation went through a hell of a lot of adversity and built the best bits of our social democracy. I respect them a lot. Those in power for the last 40 years have wound back these good things and I reckon that is justified to be annoyed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back