Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if we should be reading into this but everytime track does Media work post GF, I have noticed hin refer to Jack Viney in surname only.

Obviously Track, Salo and Clarry are best mates. I understand he might not be best mates with vines
But, why else wouldn't he just refer to him as Jack or Vines.

So much love for the people of WA. They helped make it pretty damn special. I was a bit flat watching the QF when only 15k rocked up and most of the goals were met with muted applause. Perth made sure it was an absolute show.

It's literally one of the first things people had been talking about for the past few weeks - and I didn't even bring it up first. In some instances the person I was talking to was a random, or didn't even know I was a Dees fan. People here were keen as.

I've probably said it before but I've got no idea where all these fans came from. We've got around 1,000 members in WA but I reckon it'll be triple that next year.

There are so many things to want and hope for next year unimpeded of the sentiment of ‘just being happy with a flag’. Can we have an even better H&A season, like Geelong in 2008, or go undefeated for longer? Will sides work us out? Will we have any rivalries emerge? I’m fairly confident that if we ever win one at the MCG it’ll feel like the first time again when watching it live, or possibly even better, and I actively hope that other sides continue to improve and push us, whether it’s the Dogs or Swans or Essendon or Brisbane or St Kilda. Even Carlton. Whose dreams can we crush in another GF.

Just get the sense this side can pull off something epic. Essendon had their comeback v North in 2001. It’s just the beginning. So much improvement in this team.

of course we could very easily flop, but one of the joys of winning the flag is that you then have the opportunity to even be a post-flag flop

We had our comeback mate, 44 or whatever at Kardinia park to win the minor premiership after the siren

It's literally one of the first things people had been talking about for the past few weeks - and I didn't even bring it up first. In some instances the person I was talking to was a random, or didn't even know I was a Dees fan. People here were keen as.

I've probably said it before but I've got no idea where all these fans came from. We've got around 1,000 members in WA but I reckon it'll be triple that next year.
I was thinking about this this morning, maybe we won't get much but we might have a whole generation of WA fans after this. Kids will remember this there whole life.

Apparently we sold 2 years worth of merchandise since the Granny now. On top of the years worth after the prelim. This is something special

not sure if we should be reading into this but everytime track does Media work post GF, I have noticed hin refer to Jack Viney in surname only.

Obviously Track, Salo and Clarry are best mates. I understand he might not be best mates with vines
But, why else wouldn't he just refer to him as Jack or Vines.

I think Viney is so focused on footy and being the best he can be, that he does a lot of solo work and is all business off the track and during training.
I think being brought up inside the club and with Todd as a father he just gets his s**t done and then goes home to his family, less lilkely to hang at the club with the boys and may not be as chummy as some of the others. That's my guess anyway.

I think Viney is so focused on footy and being the best he can be, that he does a lot of solo work and is all business off the track and during training.
I think being brought up inside the club and with Todd as a father he just gets his sh*t done and then goes home to his family, less lilkely to hang at the club with the boys and may not be as chummy as some of the others. That's my guess anyway.
I'd get that. Even when I played any level of footy
I get your not going to love every guy on the track. Certainly a couple I defs wasn't friends with even off the track. So I can see that point of view

I'm a bit the same. For me the last half of the 3rd qtr was my emotional high. Was charging around the house after each goal yelling and fist pumping. Once the result was decided it allowed me to just enjoy the rest of the game as a fan as my competitive instinct was no longer needed.

Did have a sook at the end but my dog started punching on with me as I think he sensed weakness.

Hard to think of something comparable in any sport I follow, to what transpired last 9-10 mins of the 3rd.

Getting all my merch organised. I picked up that awesome weg poster to start.
Let's see so far I've bought:
1 x GF Jersey
1 x GF Wall flag
1 x Mark Knight tshirt
1 x Premiers tshirt
1 x Coffee Mug
1 x AFL Record Premiers commemorative Mag
1 x Premiers scarf
1 x commemorative full size ball
1 x Ed Langdon fridge magnet
1 x Christian Salem fridge magnet
1 x Angus Brayshaw fridge magnet
and the best of all
1 x Luke Jackson fridge magnet

$468.
It's only money...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really that down on not being able to attend like some are, not as if we'd all be partying with the players for 3 days straight if it was played at the 'G. We'll pack the * out of the 'G when we unfurl the flag, and it'll be packed when we win our next one. Fingers crossed this group has the hunger to make it happen and to be true greats, not just drought breakers.

Signed jersey auction watch:
  1. M Gawn $15,000
  2. C Petracca $9,100
  3. B Fritsch $7,600
  4. C Oliver $7,250
  5. L Jackson $7,050 :heart:
  6. J Viney $4,550
  7. A Neal-Bullen $4,050
  8. S May $3,150
  9. A Brayshaw $3,150
  10. E Langdon $2,800

1. M Gawn $15,000
  2. C Petracca $9,100
  3. B Fritsch $7,600
  4. C Oliver $7,250
  6. J Viney $4,550
  7. A Neal-Bullen $4,050
  8. S May $3,150
  9. A Brayshaw $3,150
  10. E Langdon $2,800
Bont's jersey is going for $7kish

1. M Gawn $15,000
  2. C Petracca $9,100
  3. B Fritsch $7,600
  4. C Oliver $7,250
  6. J Viney $4,550
  7. A Neal-Bullen $4,050
  8. S May $3,150
  9. A Brayshaw $3,150
  10. E Langdon $2,800
Clarry now at over $15k

Burgo officially a Crow.

Cannot underestimate this man's influence. Maybe half a dozen soft tissue injuries for the entire year for the team. Absolutely humming at the right time of the year. 2nd half demolitions of the Catsx2, Bris and Dogs. Made the call to not tell May about his hamstring and get him through the GF.

Stoked we were able to keep him for 2021 when it looked like he was gone.

Legend.

What is the cheapest one? And how much is Garry Lyon's beer soaked ralph lauren sweater?
28th PM update
  1. C Oliver $15,050
  2. M Gawn $15,000
  3. C Petracca $10,100
  4. B Fritsch $7,700
  6. S May $5,150
  7. K Pickett $5,100
  8. J Lever $5,050
  9. A Brayshaw $4,700
  10. J Viney $4,550
  11. A Neal-Bullen $4,050
  12. H Petty $3,072
  13. C Salem $2,800
  14. T McDonald $2,750
  15. T Sparrow $2,740
  16. B Brown $2,600
  17. C Spargo $2,350
  18. J Harmes $2,250
  19. T Rivers $2,200
  20. M Hibberd $2,100
  21. J Bowey $2,000
  22. E Langdon $1,750
  23. J Jordon $1,351

Don't forget to get your new fridge magnets
MDPREM34.jpg

Hard to think of something comparable in any sport I follow, to what transpired last 9-10 mins of the 3rd.
Man U vs Bayer champions league final, two goals in two minutes in stoppage time to win the champions league. Wen to being down 0-1 to winning 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back