Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
RICHMOND is chasing an extra $35 million for the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval and is set to scale up its fundraising efforts in the coming months.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/689887/wanted-35-million-to-get-punt-road-redevelopment-done

I guess we are still waiting on an announcement from the State Gov. on what's happening with our new base?

edit - great graphic showing Govt funding for club redevelopment in this thread, we are looking pretty paltry compared to the rest of the list.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ding-and-announcements.1293981/#post-73063672

Last edited:

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
So Leigh Matthews has a theory that if your lead in goals is greater than the minutes leftz you should win the game.

Melbourne kicked 5 goals in 2.42m of game time either side of 3/4 time.

Has anyone told BT? Anyone checked in to see if he's ok?

Hey guys I'm just watching the replay of the AFL Grand final.

10 minutes to go in the third, and BT and Brayshaw are just talking up this game from the dogs and how great they are.

Bomt just kicked a goal to put them up 19 points. Surely they don't lose from here?
Was that when they announced Bont as the Norm Smith medal winner and the greatest Bulldog player ever?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
BT was never on us all year was he, waiting for the wheels to fall off (maybe that makes him a dees diehard 🤔)

I think BT’s gimmick has worn off and he is past his used by date, but to be fair to him, even Brayshaw loses the zip in his voice during the 4th qtr precession. “..and another one”. “They just can’t stop going through”.

Must have had all the excitement of a 2nd innings in a 1 inning cricket match for the neutrals.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have no issue with the 7 commentary , like most people they possibly could not believe what they were seeing after half way through the 3rd Q .
A Geelong mate rang me at 3/4 time to say we had this , but like most Demon supporters I refused to believe it until the final siren went . The last Quarter was an orgy of goals that even the Red Fox would of been proud of .

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Picking apart commentator’s words after the fact is a fruitless exercise.

Nobody has a crystal ball.

It's not just the Grand Final call though.
When BT starts whispering when he's commentating and then starts to go on about things not even related to the game of football, he can go out to pasture as far as I'm concerned.
That's probably a discussion for a different thread though.

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's not just the Grand Final call though.
When BT starts whispering when he's commentating and then starts to go on about things not even related to the game of football, he can go out to pasture as far as I'm concerned.
That's probably a discussion for a different thread though.
Yeah fair enough, I just figure AFL commentary is very low level across the board. BT is far less irritating than Brayshaw IMO.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Damn, Barrass tested positive to COVID so can’t be there to hand over the cup at the celebration as planned 😢
Hope he isn’t unwell, he’s pretty fragile. If he’s symptom free I hope they can organise a video link up and message or something

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Im o/seas so not familiar with the commentators.
Ive been wondering since the GF who the deuche bag was that had a lower vocabulary than Trump.The girl Daisy Pierce was very good.
But this moron bloke kept interrupting .
....AND THE CROWD IS..............err..... noisy?

Is it Brian Taylor?

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Marty Hore doing pre-season with North. Wonder if Lockhart will lob anywhere? He had been linked with GWS

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Blake Howes:

Screenshot_20211206-095852_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211206-095728_Instagram.jpg

Picking apart commentator’s words after the fact is a fruitless exercise.

Nobody has a crystal ball.
the problem is most of them think they ******* do though

I would love to have a job where I can make up any bullshit, constantly be wrong and there is no repercussions

Im o/seas so not familiar with the commentators.
Ive been wondering since the GF who the deuche bag was that had a lower vocabulary than Trump.The girl Daisy Pierce was very good.
But this moron bloke kept interrupting .
....AND THE CROWD IS..............err..... noisy?

Is it Brian Taylor?
That description sounds like BT.
The others were Luke Hodge, former Hawthorn captain.
James Brayshaw, who is the uncle of our Angus.
Daisy is the captain of Melbourne's women's team.
Abbey Holmes, retired Women's League footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back