General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just realised that Jones will likely hit 200 games this year!

Unfortunately, if he keeps playing every week, it'll be over in Perth.

Round 23 against GWS at the MCG would be much more exciting. I know at the end of the day it's about winning games of footy, but it'll be interesting to see if he gets 'rested' at some point to make his 200th our home game

The next closest in line to 200 games is Dunn at 154 (technically it's Jamar at 155, but he wont make it. Cross could hit 250 and Bernie could hit 200, but neither are 100% Melbourne games).

Scrap that, Round 23 is at ****ing ETIHAD STADIUM.

I guess Jones doesn't get a home 200th.

Howe played one of his better games, and Vandenburg moved well in the first half, having just returned from injury.

There are a hand full of individual positives from the game - but we need whole team positives now.

I think the game against Brissie is evidence Howe must stay back. He was excellent, and actually impacted the match.

Not a snowflakes chance in hell, I wouldnt have thought.

Unfortunate.

I remember reading the rumours around trade time about a pick and Trenners to try and land a "big fish" and it was speculation it was Danger.

Was still hoping we were in with a chance, to be honest.

Unfortunate.

I remember reading the rumours around trade time about a pick and Trenners to try and land a "big fish" and it was speculation it was Danger.

I can't see why he would choose us
Other clubs will match our financial offer an we are still a bottom 6 club

Jay Clark on the Sunday rub said Adam treloar is being courted big time by the pies

I wonder if we are working on that behind the scenes

Unfortunate.

They wanted our picks 2 and 3, but we were only prepared to part with pick 2 and something else (not sure what). We wouldnt trade both picks.

The Trengove trade to Richmond for pick 12 was going to be pick 2 and 12 to Sydney for Josh Kennedy.

Only because of how horrible the delivery to the Brisbane forwards was

The fact our midfield is getting better at putting constant pressure on is a good thing, and can allow Howe to be a weapon as an intercept marker.

As another poster said, his kicking is far from elite, but if he can play to his limitations with ball in hand, I think he could be a really valuable member of our back six.

They wanted our picks 2 and 3, but we were only prepared to part with pick 2 and something else (not sure what). We wouldnt trade both picks.

The Trengove trade to Richmond for pick 12 was going to be pick 2 and 12 to Sydney for Josh Kennedy.

Ah I see. Makes sense.

Would've been happy with that deal too haha.

I love trade week and all the rumours and 'good sources' that come with it. But my guess is that we wanted pick 12 so that we could draft Jake Lever. We rated him very highly (and he looks very good already by the way).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see why he would choose us
Other clubs will match our financial offer an we are still a bottom 6 club

Jay Clark on the Sunday rub said Adam treloar is being courted big time by the pies

I wonder if we are working on that behind the scenes
Can only hope. Big time boners for Treloar. Big time.

I've only just realised that Jones will likely hit 200 games this year!

Unfortunately, if he keeps playing every week, it'll be over in Perth.

Round 23 against GWS at the MCG would be much more exciting. I know at the end of the day it's about winning games of footy, but it'll be interesting to see if he gets 'rested' at some point to make his 200th our home game

The next closest in line to 200 games is Dunn at 154 (technically it's Jamar at 155, but he wont make it. Cross could hit 250 and Bernie could hit 200, but neither are 100% Melbourne games).

Scrap that, Round 23 is at ******* ETIHAD STADIUM.

I guess Jones doesn't get a home 200th.
It's not at Etihad is it? Th Venue is still undecided i think

Nah Jihad confirmed, day up in the air
Damn! Yet another milestone game that will probably end in a loss this year. Hopefully we break our etihad hoodu for Jones 200th, but in reality he'll probably play it in Perth

God I hate that place...:mad: But why are we so incredibly woeful there? Is it a mental hoodoo for us, or are the teams we play there really that well adapted to that stadium? Bit of both?

North, Stkilda and the WB if I havent blocked too much out

We had beaten stkilda save for 40 seconds I still refuse to watch

Dare I say if we win this week things suddenly look a lot more rosey with 6 wins on the board and still 6 games to go.

I want this one so bad. More than any other game this year.

Sick of St Kilda and their bland lego-men coaches celebrating flaky wins over us. I hope its a cold, wintery day at the 'G and the midfield of Jones, Vince, Viney, Brayshaw, Vandenberg, Tyson and Cross finally clicks and absolutely tears this club a new one.

My heart broke with that loss earlier in the year, made worse by my St Kilda 'mates' rubbing salt into the wounds not seconds after the final siren. I really, really, really want this one.

Don't ****ing let me down Melbourne.

Last edited:
I want this one so bad. More than any other game this year.

Sick of St Kilda and their bland lego-men coaches celebrating flaky wins over us. I hope its a cold, wintery day at the 'G and the midfield of Jones, Vince, Viney, Brayshaw, Vandenberg, Tyson and Cross finally clicks and absolutely tears this club a new one.

My heart broke with that loss earlier in the year, made worse by my St Kilda 'mates' rubbing salt into their wounds not seconds after the final siren. I really, really, really want this one.

Don't ****ing let me down Melbourne.

Agree on wanting this. The loss earlier in the year to them hurt more than any loss in the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back