Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I was there and the Gunns stand and bars were packed. Looked like a good crowd, somewhere between 6 and 7k I'd say? Game wasn't pretty, very defensive and contested. North controlled the first half but couldn't score. Ben Reynolds easy BOG for me- was the difference in the end. Tarryn Thomas was easily North's best.

Does anybody know were I can find the link to the Alistair Lynch Medal count. After the votes for each match if possible.

Excellent game of footy. Lots of pressure applied in the first half of footy from both sides. I thought North were first to the ball most of the time in the first half but North were unable to maintain the pressure in the second half and Glenorchy got away.

Ben Reynolds was superb throughout the entire game. I had a chuckle when the souped-up Nth Launceston supporters behind the goals (development league players perhaps) were chanting "Reynolds is a softc*ck" and then he proceeded to shut them up in the best possible manner; he absolutely dominated the game.

Thomas was lively for the Bombers and did not put a foot wrong.

Clinton French's second half was amazing. His best play (and many will not agree with me here) was his very quick handball out of the pack for Glenorchy's first goal of the third term, instinctive footy at its best. I've played with Frenchy (at Glenorchy) and I have not seen him turn a game on its head like that. He's always been flashy, but boy did he have some influence on the outcome of the GF.

Probably went unnoticed, but I thought Matty Dilger's ("Digger") second half was outstanding. Was pushed into the middle and really injected some pace around the stoppages and was able to burst clear, giving the Pies the opportunity on the outside. He was also first to a lot of the loose ball thanks to his speed across the ground.

Couldn't be happier for the boys and the club. Well done Pies.

Last edited:

I see that that the AFL have dropped there transfer fees for players moving to other states (eg Dobosz to Sandringham this year). This could have massive impact for several clubs in the next few season, the competition is slowly starting to even out, but losing your clubs better players can seriously impact that club.
Could be a big test for the new administration and would get a lot of confidence from clubs and supporters if they fought this with the AFL instead of becoming " yes men " like the previous administration.
Article in today's Mercury

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/5789934cf366079646927d1973e3a509

I see that that the AFL have dropped there transfer fees for players moving to other states (eg Dobosz to Sandringham this year). This could have massive impact for several clubs in the next few season, the competition is slowly starting to even out, but losing your clubs better players can seriously impact that club.
Could be a big test for the new administration and would get a lot of confidence from clubs and supporters if they fought this with the AFL instead of becoming " yes men " like the previous administration.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/5789934cf366079646927d1973e3a509
Really needs to be some form of compensation

As if the AFL gives a stuff about clubs who put time & effort into helping to develop young players.
Its just another knife in the back of Tasmanian football.
Well done to the Cheese makers. He's just another front man for the AFL.

As I said earlier, this is a test for the new administration, but all clubs have to backing it as well. Need the club presidents to get on the front foot and drill up support

Yet again more proof Gillon McLachlan and the AFL can not give two hoots about Tasmania Football at any level unFu%*believable. The only states that will benefit will be the VIC, South Australia and maybe WA.

Will see who the Cheesemaker really works for Tasmanian Football or the Privileged Private School Boarding Polo playing Head Honcho of the AFL. Big test

Meeting tonight at NHO with a prominent group of club stalwarts and current players pushing for a return of the NH name which never should've left. Barns (who was never elected to the role by the members of the club) having nothing of anyone trying to squash his manufactured AFL tas baby. Very interesting times ahead at the dees

Meeting tonight at NHO with a prominent group of club stalwarts and current players pushing for a return of the NH name which never should've left. Barns (who was never elected to the role by the members of the club) having nothing of anyone trying to squash his manufactured AFL tas baby. Very interesting times ahead at the dees
Good luck to them. Hope they get their identity back.

I hope so. Being involved with Hobart I have to say I couldn't see why North Hobart voted to sell out. Well I could. They made the easy choice when Wade put the squeeze on their finances. Unfortunately the tsl City licence was a poisoned chalice from the moment AFLT declared the bid process a draw. Best of luck to the North Hobart Demons in 2017 (never thought I would ever say that).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hope so. Being involved with Hobart I have to say I couldn't see why North Hobart voted to sell out. Well I could. They made the easy choice when Wade put the squeeze on their finances. Unfortunately the tsl City licence was a poisoned chalice from the moment AFLT declared the bid process a draw. Best of luck to the North Hobart Demons in 2017 (never thought I would ever say that).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The club had absolutely no choice in the end. The members wanted to move to the SFL as NH but when we were threatened with losing our lease on NHO and then Wade got in Kyron Johnson's ear and didn't assure a place in that competition we had absolutely no option in the end to be assured of having any of our club left. Don't think this will be happening in 2017 (due to the absolutely farcical situation where the board members are presently not appointed by the club members, football's version of North Korea) but wheels are being set in motion in the right places. Getting rid of the constitution to give the power back to the members who can then oust Kim Jong Barns is the first step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barns and one or two others that are non-North Hobart people are the main stumbling blocks to them returning to the North Hobart name is what an insider at the Demons told me at work today.
This situation where financial members don't even get to vote on who is running their club is a load of s**t and was yet another reason why I was very vocal on Hobart telling AFL Tasmania to get stuffed and the Tigers returning to the SFL. It's been a rough road and we nearly lost the club but at least it's still around, staying in the TSL in any form would've been death for us.
We had the very same situation at Hobart over ten years ago with people that had no previous connection with the club or any knowledge of its history waltzing in like a Panza Division doing exactly what is happening with North right now, took years, a lot of fights, much spite and a lot of pushing to rid ourselves of those clowns.
PS: As for Barns, before he ended up as head of "Hobart City" he used to hang out at Hobart matches quite often, always hobnobbing with board members, ignoring the workers, the rank and file members and supporters - I knew what that grub was up to - so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest on what he's up to at Argyle Street.

Once the forced merger with Hobart fell through, I could never understand why a club with the proud History of North Hobart had to change there name? after all they tried that late in The 90s after the real Hobart FC departure from the original Statewide league and how well did that go?

Having Greg Barns as a non eletced president must be galling for the members. Hopefully there can be a popular uprising and North Hobart are back

This whole rebranding reminds me of those years were North Melbourne just wanted to be called Kangaroos and not North Melbourne stupid stupid stupid marketing people with PowerPoint presentations justifying there own self importance stuff history and the fans emotions.

Diehard Dees fans in push to resurrect North Hobart Football Club name
JAMES BRESNEHAN, Mercury

Last edited:
This has been bubbling away since the initial name change. Its a disgrace to have an unelected board. What gives them any kind of legitimacy? Nothing IMO.
The man who stands for human rights doesnt want any kind of democracy in a football club!!
How bloody disgraceful is that.? All this is from the AFLtas junta who trampled the rights of the members of an historic club. Its about time for members to take their club back.
Give the members the right to vote & to make decisions in their own club.

The whole episode with the Hobart/North Hobart merger was an appalling disgrace. Hopefully the North Hobart people can get their club back. Lets hope the new boys at AFL Tas work with the North Hobart people to right this wrong instead of against them as the old guard did.

Article in today's Mercury from Rob Auld
http://www.themercury.com.au/news/o...p/news-story/eaf8b7647478e4a6d49852e8ae5576b3

IT has been just over 100 days since I was appointed to lead AFL Tasmania and I have been struck by two clear messages – relationship reparation and strategic clarity.

These have been the constant calls and are my two areas of short-term focus. Getting these right, I am confident, will galvanise our passion for the game and unlock our quest to unite and grow Tasmanian football.

In achieving that outcome, people often ask which is the most important aspect of the football landscape. To choose one is to compromise another and so they are by definition equally important. What separates them is when and how you choose to take action.

Our priority is game development through growing participation and ensuring boys and girls have a clear path to community football or our talent program and state league, with a natural reticulation that floats between the two.

To chart that course we have developed a strategic plan that captures six key areas, these are a culmination of discussions, meetings and forums that have been held over the past three months.

Talent Pathways, Sport of Choice, Vibrant Competitions, Connecting with Communities, Partnerships and People are the pillars and all six capture the critical areas of the football ecosystem as we move into the next decade.

The way these come to life is through implementation of a competitive balance framework, including a points system, salary caps and zones.

We will increase Auskick and school programs. We will support community football sustainability, grow female football and design a competition model that has a talent pipeline with a premier league at its pinnacle. There is also an opportunity to work with all levels of government to maintain and develop our facilities statewide.

Communicating the action we are taking is critical, as there are varying levels of understanding at this point.

We will continue to listen, communicate, take feedback and explain to develop better understanding, these decisions will not always be popular nor meet with universal support. This is not a popularity contest, but we must build respect. We have a way to go in that regard.

Measuring progress, not perfection, is important as we evolve and make our game fit for the future. My philosophy on perfection is that it is an aspiration not a destination and so progress, perspective and pragmatism are important, especially given football was born on the back of emotion and division.

We are an alliance of sworn enemies by design and so whatever we do does need to be in that combative context and developing our capacity to unify when required.

I have seen a raft of games, male and female, right from under-10 juniors to community football across all grades and State League games. I am blown away by the high standard of football.

The onfield aspect of our game overdelivers relative to the challenges we face off field.

That is why the areas of focus for me have a centre of gravity to sorting out the framework of competition and developing participation. Getting those areas right will fuel the high standard of the competition week to week.

The pace of change remains the area I have received the most mixed messages – we need action now, but take your time and move forward with haste, both cannot be true.

The need and speed of action is a matter of priorities and then being clear about timings. Grassroots and community football are critical areas as the base determines the strength of the aspects upstream, that is our first priority and then the balance becomes a decision-based on resources and readiness.

We will always be subject to opinion and judgment, with scale comes scrutiny, I accept that. Assuming good intent is my starting point for assessing the views of others and understanding why opposing views exist. Football is difficult as passion and logic do not tolerate one another well and so the role of the administrator needs to be the impartial voice, which frustrates a lot of people as it is seen as indecision. This makes sharing my priorities even more important and to that end they continue to be community football, including participation and female football, clear talent pathways, a state league that is the premier competition and working closely with the two AFL clubs playing here.

On a personal level, it would be a missed opportunity if I did not take this chance to thank the Tasmanian football public. I could not have wished for a fairer welcoming and everybody has extended their hands genuinely and in the main with goal of growing our great game here. I am grateful to you.

The game is well placed to unite and grow, it has a strong base to explode from and I look forward to seeing the impact, pleasure and togetherness that Australian Rules football brings to all involved. There are good times ahead. I am confident of that.

Rob Auld is chief executive of AFL Tasmania.

eaf8b7647478e4a6d49852e8ae5576b3

Former TSL Coach Sandy Bay 1993-1994 Chris Fagan gets the Coaching Job at Brisbane that is two of three (Brendan Bolton the other) Tasmanian Coaches that are now at AFL in the Head roll, that played all there football in the State and started there coaching also in Tasmania,

Good to see someone older than me start there career as a senior AFL Coach all the Best to the Former Hobart, Sandy Bay, Devonport and Tasmanian Hall of fame member all the best.

Former TSL Coach Sandy Bay 1993-1994 Chris Fagan gets the Coaching Job at Brisbane that is two of three (Brendan Bolton the other) Tasmanian Coaches that are now at AFL in the Head roll, that played all there football in the State and started there coaching also in Tasmania,

Good to see someone older than me start there career as a senior AFL Coach all the Best to the Former Hobart, Sandy Bay, Devonport and Tasmanian Hall of fame member all the best.

Its a great to see Chris get a gig. I think he'll do wonders in reinvigorating the club.

Is a pity the AFL couldnt help invigorate our football.

Played most of his footy with Burnie Dockers and also played with the Tassie Devils. Scott was a talented player and I think he has had coaching ambitions for a while now so I hope he goes well with the Tigers.

I wonder what others think about coaches having dual roles as Simon Black Academy coach as well as coaching a TSL side. Could they do both jobs justice. My biggest concern is that it may give these coaches first glimpse at all the best talent and they may be encouraged to play with the coaches TSL side. I think AFL Tas need to have a good hard look at this as the clubs that don't have a foot in the door with the Simon Black Academy may be disadvantaged. Just my thoughts.

I wonder what others think about coaches having dual roles as Simon Black Academy coach as well as coaching a TSL side. Could they do both jobs justice. My biggest concern is that it may give these coaches first glimpse at all the best talent and they may be encouraged to play with the coaches TSL side. I think AFL Tas need to have a good hard look at this as the clubs that don't have a foot in the door with the Simon Black Academy may be disadvantaged. Just my thoughts.
Oh Dear, the North getting something not south of the Blackman!! Let's start two down there immediately!! '

Remove this Banner Ad

Back