Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I know, right? South Launceston - utterly dominated the recent NTFA, and now down with the cellar dwellers for the first time since.....oh, wait...

Ok...got my s**t together, on holidays and about to jet off to Europe, and for once remembered TSL tipping before the round started...

North, Lauderdale, and the Tigers to break their H2H duck and upset Glenorchy...

Got a margin of 5 to catch up to Madmug...3 games a round doesn't give you much latitude...!

Ok...got my **** together, on holidays and about to jet off to Europe, and for once remembered TSL tipping before the round started...

North, Lauderdale, and the Tigers to break their H2H duck and upset Glenorchy...

Got a margin of 5 to catch up to Madmug...3 games a round doesn't give you much latitude...!

Holiday OS! Nice to be some people. ;)
North L by the length of Main rd.
Lauderdale, too stong, although Launy grow a leg at home.
I think Glenorchy just, but it's a toss up.
At least poor old NHFC won't lose. :)

Holiday OS! Nice to be some people. ;)
North L by the length of Main rd.
Lauderdale, too stong, although Launy grow a leg at home.
I think Glenorchy just, but it's a toss up.
At least poor old NHFC won't lose. :)

You do realise North Launceston are playing Lauderdale?

You do realise North Launceston are playing Lauderdale?

Oops. Thank you. A house full of coughs & sneezes hasn't helped my thinking. I micked thit ip u bat. :)

Then it'll be NL just over Lauder. These 2 will be in the GF again, again!
Launy by alot over Clarence. Roos in a mess. Never thought I'd say that!!
Glen v Kings will be tight. I'll toss a coin & say Pies but its not a confident pick. It'll be close I suspect. Pies have a few out but have depth. Whether they're strong enough remains to be seen
Aveagoodweekend!

Pretty close MM! Lauderdale ended up winning by a pretty comfy margin up north over NL, 30-odd points in the wet.
Launnie thrashed Clarence. Kept them to a very tiny score.
The Maggies only just got up at the cemetery over Kingston. I reckon you aren't far off. NL v Lauderdale again on GF day.
At least your fellas had a spell today MM and its still a tussle to see which city team cracks first and wins with Hobart getting belted again in the other comp today.
0-20 between them now!

What the hell was I looking at...?!? Guess I didn't have my s**t together after all...

Would have still said North over Lauderdale, Launceston over Clarence and Tigers over Glenorchy...1/3 this week...

It could well be NHFC best(only) chance at 4 points today. Just by 4pts.
NL should trounce a very undermanned Glenorchy by 40pts
Launceston just over KT by 10pts.

Clarence board taking a very short term & selfish view to overrule to coach in letting the young guy go back to the SFL.
Unfortunately thats Clarence. Sounds like they deserve to be on the down. Players will take note the club cares only about itself & they don't count. Thats a very bad short term message. It'll do them no good in the future. Sad & Stupid.

You'd be pretty chuffed with today's result MM!
North knocking off Clarence easily by 55 points.
Clarence at their lowest level in over 40 years.
The Roos had just 1 goal to half time.
North Launnie belted the suitcase out of an undermanned Glenorchy.
Launnie had a decent win over Kingborough.

You'd be pretty chuffed with today's result MM!
North knocking off Clarence easily by 55 points.
Clarence at their lowest level in over 40 years.
The Roos had just 1 goal to half time.
North Launnie belted the suitcase out of an undermanned Glenorchy.
Launnie had a decent win over Kingborough.

Yes its good for the club, the lads & the competition.

I can't believe how low Clarence have gone. It won't hurt them to grovel for a while. They've been use to buying whatever they've wanted in the past. Strange how their demise has come after the change in AFLTas management. Funny that!!!

The comp really is a lop sided farce though. It reminds me of the end of SWL1. AFLTas basically undermined the competition to get the VFL team. That failed through their own incompetence & mismanagement. They then roped clubs in with threats & inducements for some.

Are we back to the same situation again??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes its good for the club, the lads & the competition.

I can't believe how low Clarence have gone. It won't hurt them to grovel for a while. They've been use to buying whatever they've wanted in the past. Strange how their demise has come after the change in AFLTas management. Funny that!!!

The comp really is a lop sided farce though. It reminds me of the end of SWL1. AFLTas basically undermined the competition to get the VFL team. That failed through their own incompetence & mismanagement. They then roped clubs in with threats & inducements for some.

Are we back to the same situation again??

Your footy club has its first win of the season and yet you gloss over that and go on a rant about the same nonsense you’ve been banging on about for years.

Your footy club has its first win of the season and yet you gloss over that and go on a rant about the same nonsense you’ve been banging on about for years.

And as usual you say nothing of substance or of use.

Maybe make a useful input into the state of the league or something, anything.

I guess you're feeling ok as you may finally win something. I guess you have plenty of room for a cup down at the tip. One would look nice. Certainly invested enough in it.

So, how do you think the competition work with the VFL & Mariners?, Or can it? Maybe something on that?

And as usual you say nothing of substance or of use.

Maybe make a useful input into the state of the league or something, anything.

I guess you're feeling ok as you may finally win something. I guess you have plenty of room for a cup down at the tip. One would look nice. Certainly invested enough in it.

So, how do you think the competition work with the VFL & Mariners?, Or can it? Maybe something on that?

“Invested enough in it” see there you go again on a tangent of absolute rot.

Here is some substance for you, you sir are a bitter twisted old man, full of negativity, even in a time of joy for your football club you only see the need to once again rabbit on about the administration(past and present) of the league, how sad.

“Invested enough in it” see there you go again on a tangent of absolute rot.

Here is some substance for you, you sir are a bitter twisted old man, full of negativity, even in a time of joy for your football club you only see the need to once again rabbit on about the administration(past and present) of the league, how sad.

You are so defensive! Invested means time, effort as well as money, all the resources every club needs. So get your hand off it for once. You just embarrass yourself with your small minded view. I guess it must hard to see much from where you are.

I'm concerned with the leagues future. Is that a crime? One (with a brain) only has to look at what went on last SWL, then look at the last few years with the AFL once again only interested in the elite pathway. It FAILED before. Remember?

Maybe you dont care about Tasmanian football. I guess you'd be happy with your club going back a level or two?

Anyway, you keep rowing your own boat to nowhere.

I just hope you dont get a rude shock when it starts to sink with the league, & you've no idea how to bail it out.

You are so defensive! Invested means time, effort as well as money, all the resources every club needs. So get your hand off it for once. You just embarrass yourself with your small minded view. I guess it must hard to see much from where you are.

I'm concerned with the leagues future. Is that a crime? One (with a brain) only has to look at what went on last SWL, then look at the last few years with the AFL once again only interested in the elite pathway. It FAILED before. Remember?

Maybe you dont care about Tasmanian football. I guess you'd be happy with your club going back a level or two?

Anyway, you keep rowing your own boat to nowhere.

I just hope you dont get a rude shock when it starts to sink with the league, & you've no idea how to bail it out.

Turn it up, I know exactly what you meant by the invested comment, just another shot at Lauderdale to add to the many over the years, that’s the only thing embarrassing here.

Turn it up, I know exactly what you meant by the invested comment, just another shot at Lauderdale to add to the many over the years, that’s the only thing embarrassing here.

I wrote what I meant.

Look, just ignore it. The post is clearly beyond your comprehension.

Maybe some others take an interest on whats happening, even if you don't.

I wrote what I meant.

Look, just ignore it. The post is clearly beyond your comprehension.

Maybe some others take an interest on whats happening, even if you don't.
Well done to NHFC for winning their second game in as many years. Heard they celebrated pretty hard and opened the bar to everyone and stayed until very late with drinks on the club. Not sure that sends the right message after 1 win all year. Settling for mediocrity it seems.

Well done to NHFC for winning their second game in as many years. Heard they celebrated pretty hard and opened the bar to everyone and stayed until very late with drinks on the club. Not sure that sends the right message after 1 win all year. Settling for mediocrity it seems.
They've been mediocre at best for ages. Started with the attempted forced amalgamation with Hobart by AFLWade & their appointed board.
I don't think a few beers & fun will make much difference. The club just has to keep pushing on.
They've been a drag on the competition for far too long.
As said I'm concerned a to the future of the whole TSL. We really don't know what will happen as the AFL reinvent the past failed situation.
Some explanation of the future structure of the game. It's hard to invest or get commitments from sponsors & suportes if one doesn't know.

Have to take a couple to task here about North Hobart
- Firstly saying they celebrated hard and open the bar to everyone and stayed until very late with drinks on the club is extremely false.
Do you enjoy making up lies? The players and supporters stayed at the clubrooms until 7 PM (which is usual after every home game) and that was all.

Also Madmug saying that the North Hobart Football Club has been on a drag on the competition for far too long. - What makes you say that please?

Surely after some of the cards which have been dealt to that football club over the past 10 years they have done an extremely good job to remain competitive.

Bear Robinson, coaching staff and players should be congratulated, they have been very unlucky to not win 2-3 extra games this season, I imagine they will finish off the year very strongly now that they have some players back.

Have to take a couple to task here about North Hobart
- Firstly saying they celebrated hard and open the bar to everyone and stayed until very late with drinks on the club is extremely false.
Do you enjoy making up lies? The players and supporters stayed at the clubrooms until 7 PM (which is usual after every home game) and that was all.

Also Madmug saying that the North Hobart Football Club has been on a drag on the competition for far too long. - What makes you say that please?

Surely after some of the cards which have been dealt to that football club over the past 10 years they have done an extremely good job to remain competitive.

Bear Robinson, coaching staff and players should be congratulated, they have been very unlucky to not win 2-3 extra games this season, I imagine they will finish off the year very strongly now that they have some players back.
I think I have every right to say they've been a drag. Its a fact. I don't dispute they've worked hard to improve but onground results have been consistently poor for a few too many seasons now.
Ok I'm sure they'll get better
Nothing wrong with facing facts.

I think I have every right to say they've been a drag. Its a fact. I don't dispute they've worked hard to improve but onground results have been consistently poor for a few too many seasons now.
Ok I'm sure they'll get better
Nothing wrong with facing facts.
Inner city football teams have been in a constant struggle to stay afloat for years MM.
North has won one flag in 27 years since that golden era of 84-93 when they won four flags and were in contention for two or three others.
Likewise their old sparring partners for years, Hobart has won two flags in 39 years. Been an absolute rabble for over ten years, hasn't won a finals game for over 15+ years apparently. Rumours are they're not far off going under.
Sandy Bay didn't win a premiership for their last 19 years before they folded in the late 90s.
Most challenging times those inner city clubs have ever faced IMO.

Inner city football teams have been in a constant struggle to stay afloat for years MM.
North has won one flag in 27 years since that golden era of 84-93 when they won four flags and were in contention for two or three others.
Likewise their old sparring partners for years, Hobart has won two flags in 39 years. Been an absolute rabble for over ten years, hasn't won a finals game for over 15+ years apparently. Rumours are they're not far off going under.
Sandy Bay didn't win a premiership for their last 19 years before they folded in the late 90s.
Most challenging times those inner city clubs have ever faced IMO.

Yes absolutely. The growth of the outer suburbs has seen the growth of young families in those areas. The Kingston 36k, /Huon valley has grown past 15k,
Clarence 55k, Sorell is over 16k. Brighton area over 16k All these are are growing quickly
Hobart 50k, Glenorchy 46k & Derwent Valley 11k have hardly changed for years.
Growth areas are where the young families & kids are.
North Hobart has benefited from the Private schools in their area, but have still struggled to keep them.
Glenorchy area is aging as well.
Having a good business model helps but you still need the kids in your area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back