Getting rid of spyware

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have a serious spyware issue right now.

Ive got two buttons in the task bar down below that keep beeping, they are wanting to install stuff, i know enough not to let them but they wont go away.

One of them continues to tell me the following; "System Alert: Malware Threats" it then goes on to tell me i have a back door trojan that allows the remote attacker to perform varios malicious actions etc.

Then there are occasional internet explorer pop ups wanting me to install other garbage.

Please help, i ran both Search and Destroy and Ad-aware and neither got rid of it. :(

I got some spyware the other day, for the first time in years. Its replacing banner ads with somestupid "Congratulations! you over 1,000,000 visitor!" Now, I wouldnt mind this feeble attempt at the English Languae,l but the damned things keep beeping.

Ive also gone to websites where they replae images with these stupid warnings.

Adaware has proved pwowerless in this. Does anyone have any suggestions? It willsave me afullf ormat, which I only did a month or so ago.

MadMac

Premiership Player
May 5, 2008
Purple Pub
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Swan Districts, Željo
The best way of getting rid of spyware is to get rid of Windows based computer. Get yourself a Mac and you won't look back.

I've got Mac now and got no problems....no need for A/V software or crap like that.

If thats too expensive for ya, delete windows and install LINUX on your computer. LINUX is almost as good as Mac and is user-friendly.

Whacker

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2007
Cant say
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Avalanche,Celtics,Packers,NUFC
So ive turned my computer on and down on the bottom left hand corner of the screen next to the clock it is saying virus alert. Then when i open up the start menu the all programs menu has gone as have the menus for the favourites and last opened documents etc. Ive virus scanned with trend, ad-aware and windows defender and its still there. Any help would be great thanks

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
I've just got this new laptop, and already it's been infected. It won't allow me to go to websites such as google.com, facebook.com and any other search engines and social networking sites.

An error message comes up every time I start up, saying:

RunDLL
Error loading C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\efcBqqpp.dll
The specified module could not be found.

Now, the strange thing about it is that sometimes I can access said websites, but most of the time, it just says on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, for example:

Waiting for www.facebook.com

I have Windows Defender, Norton and have downloaded a couple of suggested programs such as ad-aware, and each have detected infections that others have missed, but the problem still exists.

What should I do?

Masss#10

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NUFC, Victory
has anyone got Kaspersky?

i got it recently and ive installed it and have got the serial for it...once i started scanning my computer it says this key is BLACKLISTED...

does anyone know were i can find another key or how to fix the annoying pop-ups every 2 mins... "your key has been blacklisted"

thanks in adavnce

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks
Just for a bit of a bump.

Do a google search for SUPERAntiSpyware

Its apparantley newish, and ive installed it and its found 80 threats already half way through a scan.

Its supposed to get rid of those previous hard Spyware and Malware threats that took about 3 hours to manually destroy. Anyway, i think its a good bet. :thumbsu:

Fire Storm

Premiership Player
May 11, 2003
currently unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
And just out of curiosity, how many spywayer programs can you have on the pc? I've got 4.

ALso, when Vista loads into desktop, I get the msg : RunDLL winjtp32.rom access is denied. Not sure what this means?

Fire Storm

Premiership Player
May 11, 2003
currently unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
cool, will do. And keep the comodo firewall? ALso, when windows fully loads and that DLL message comes up saying access denied with that winjtp32.rom mesg, is that a virus or trojan? Doesnt show up in any scans I do.

Also, anyone know anything about kaspersky? Have been told it IS the best for detecting everything.

Homeless

All Australian
Aug 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Barcelona Lakers Storm Victory
^^^ i would get rid of both avg's and download either nod32 or trend micro internet security suite. u wont need comodo if u get trend micro but it might be good to keep around anyway for added security.

Homeless

All Australian
Aug 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Barcelona Lakers Storm Victory
I've just got this new laptop, and already it's been infected. It won't allow me to go to websites such as google.com, facebook.com and any other search engines and social networking sites.

An error message comes up every time I start up, saying:

RunDLL
Error loading C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\efcBqqpp.dll
The specified module could not be found.

Now, the strange thing about it is that sometimes I can access said websites, but most of the time, it just says on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, for example:

Waiting for www.facebook.com

I have Windows Defender, Norton and have downloaded a couple of suggested programs such as ad-aware, and each have detected infections that others have missed, but the problem still exists.

What should I do?

first i would go to run.exe and type msconfig and look for a startup service or process with that name and get rid of it.

as for your other problem the best thing might be if using vista is to backup your files and restore your computer to factory settings.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
first i would go to run.exe and type msconfig and look for a startup service or process with that name and get rid of it.

as for your other problem the best thing might be if using vista is to backup your files and restore your computer to factory settings.

Cheers for the help, but I went away for three weeks overseas and when I came back, all the problems were gone.

So, that's my tip. Go away for a few weeks and if you're still having problems, then you're ****ed. ;)

Fire Storm

Premiership Player
May 11, 2003
currently unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Finally figured out what anti-spyware program to use. So deleted all the ones I didn't want. Except that Kaspersky doesn't delete! isn't in control panel un-install program though.

Is in program files and when i right click and delete, it's says I need permission to do that. Is that administration rights what it's asking?

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks
Right now, ive got an absolute bitch of a virus called Antivirus XP 2008.

You've probably heard of it, its systematically dismantling my computer as we speak.

Its taken me hours to actually get on the bloody internet, since i'd have to restart and restart over and over again because it would freeze every time.

Im searching google, the problem is, the virus wont let me on any site that might help get rid of it.

Whenever i go to the "Search" function, it restarts the computer.

Im in a huge mess right now, i didnt even do anything, it just randomly installed about 3 hours ago.

Im running Malwarebytes right now, that apparantley does the trick, but im concerned it wont.

Could anybody help me with this? Its a royal pain in the ass.

gavdog08

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Real Madrid CF
1. Restart the computer in safe mode (keep hitting F8 when restarting).
2. Use your Antivirus software to hunt for the virus and then get rid of it.

Back