Getting rid of spyware

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now, ive got an absolute bitch of a virus called Antivirus XP 2008.

You've probably heard of it, its systematically dismantling my computer as we speak.

Its taken me hours to actually get on the bloody internet, since i'd have to restart and restart over and over again because it would freeze every time.

Im searching google, the problem is, the virus wont let me on any site that might help get rid of it.

Whenever i go to the "Search" function, it restarts the computer.

Im in a huge mess right now, i didnt even do anything, it just randomly installed about 3 hours ago.

Im running Malwarebytes right now, that apparantley does the trick, but im concerned it wont.

Could anybody help me with this? Its a royal pain in the ass.

**** man didnt you have computer troubles before?

Right now, ive got an absolute bitch of a virus called Antivirus XP 2008.

You've probably heard of it, its systematically dismantling my computer as we speak.

Its taken me hours to actually get on the bloody internet, since i'd have to restart and restart over and over again because it would freeze every time.

Im searching google, the problem is, the virus wont let me on any site that might help get rid of it.

Whenever i go to the "Search" function, it restarts the computer.

Im in a huge mess right now, i didnt even do anything, it just randomly installed about 3 hours ago.

Im running Malwarebytes right now, that apparantley does the trick, but im concerned it wont.

Could anybody help me with this? Its a royal pain in the ass.

My dad has this at the moment. I am going round his place tomorrow to fix it. Will let you know how I do it.

My dad has this at the moment. I am going round his place tomorrow to fix it. Will let you know how I do it.

OK well finally got round to fixing it. Was a fairly simple one to be honest.

Just uninstall the program from Start > All Programs and then do a search for antivirusy on your HDD. Delete all occurances of it.
Search your registry for the same and delete them too.
Reboot, all good.

Quick question. I have have malwarebytes and have used it to get find a heap of stufff and remove it. Currently it's all sitting in the quarantine section. Can these be deleted from there?

I've always wondered what that means in anti-virus programs. Quarantine? Somebody once told me to leave them there rather then delete them. Why?

Anyone know any good free registry cleaners. I have installed some but they dont clean all the errors I have. I have over 1000 errors :eek:

Help!

I have an incredibly n00bish question.

I am almost completely computer-illiterate, so bear with me. I just bought a laptop (a dell inspiron 1525- absolutely no idea whether this is any good, but it seems OK). I get completely lost with firewalls, anti-spyware, anti-virus etc...but was wondering 1) what do i need to protect my computer; and 2) can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) option?

I just downloaded a free 30-day trial anti-virus system from McAfee (I think that's what it is- was called "McAfee Total Protection), but have NO IDEA what to do once this runs out in about 2 weeks.

Any idea's/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsu:

I also just got a new laptop. Just wondering what the best anti virus I can get for it is? I dont mind paying the money if its going to stop virus' stuffing it up like that last one.

Can you guys help me?

Yesterday I downloaded PC Tools Firewall Plus off download.com and selected restart later when prompted. Now after I turned on my computer this morning something weird has happened. I can't open anything, noteven Firefox or Add/Remove programs. To add to this sometimes my mouse doesn't even work. This weird behaviour and I was wondering if this is some sort of virus, can anyone help?

PS: PC tools may not be the problem, but I'm fairly sure it is.

EDIT: Turns out PC Tools was the problem, I just started up safe mode and then uninstalled it and all my problems are gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err .. this may have already been mentioned in this thread but .. all of the sudden this WnPc AntiVirus s**t has come up telling me to install this thing that costs $$. Apparently it's a fake or something along those lines and it says to get rid of it immediately ... how would I go about doing this? Cheers.

My free 6-month anti-virus program (Avira?) runs out at midnight tonight. Is the only thing I have protecting my laptop (Dell Inspiron).

Is there an all-round package you guys could recommend? Even if it's a fraction dearer, I just want the best protection I can. I keep googling 'best anti-virus' and each site seems to have completely different lists (probably sponsored by different companies.)

Any advice greatly appreciated.:thumbsu:

I have been using eset nod32 for the last two years or so and have never had a problem. For the person asking about a free registry cleaner i tested a couple of freeware ones and found wise registry cleaner to be pretty good.

My free 6-month anti-virus program (Avira?) runs out at midnight tonight. Is the only thing I have protecting my laptop (Dell Inspiron).

Is there an all-round package you guys could recommend? Even if it's a fraction dearer, I just want the best protection I can. I keep googling 'best anti-virus' and each site seems to have completely different lists (probably sponsored by different companies.)

Any advice greatly appreciated.:thumbsu:

Despite the problems DK had with pc tools firewall try there 12 month free offer through westpac I use pc tools and its a great virus+ spyware detector

http://www.pctools.com/wbc/

^^^^^^^^

How are you getting this warning ? What i mean is what program is warning you that you have that worm on your pc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back