Rumour Gibbs gone? Retirement after round 17?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame it had to end this way toward the back end of his career.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes (if anything), I hope Bryce is happy and can enjoy his final game. Fitting that it is against us. He will get plenty of love from our players and fans and rightfully so.

salary cap ramifications for us next year? included or not?
Yes and no. Considering he's chosen to retire I doubt he'd be getting paid the full value of the last year of his contract. If there is room to pay it out of this year's TTP it should only be reflected as loss of underspend from this years TTP to next.

Maybe he can be chaired off by the two young chaps Carlton picked with their trade netted draft picks?

Assuming no one from Adelaide wants to chair him off.

Can someone organise that? Ta

Maybe he can be chaired off by the two young chaps Carlton picked with their trade netted draft picks?

Assuming no one from Adelaide wants to chair him off.

Can someone organise that? Ta

I actually don't think it's that ridiculous that he be chaired off by Murphy and Simpson tbh. Two of his great mates. Hang a Carlton scarf around his neck and away you go...

Someone on the Adelaide board said he will join whichever team won to sing a song for the last time. Wouldn’t surprise me.

I would say ‘ you can bet on it’ but that would be bad taste.

Yep, in bad taste. He needs professional help. He has gambled it all away....

Crows have another player heading in the same direction....Also has serious gambling addiction.

Last edited:
A lot of parallels between Beames and Gibbs - both late 20s, traded in by clubs who thought they were thereabouts for serious compo, had major gambling and off field issues and the situation in both cases ended in farce with an early exit.

At least Gibbs presented well in this last week. It’s a shame his career ended this way though. A waste in the end.

A future in painting awaits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back