Giro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually differ between what happened to Dumulon and what happened in the 1st week with the accident with the police bike.

I think both cases show unsportsman like conduct, however 1 is much much worse then the other.

But think riding on after an accident with a police bike which took out quite a few of the top riders is unforgiveble.

You can argue needing to go to the toilet is in one riders own control, why is everyone elses fault if one of the riders can't control his bowel movement.

I hate the fact that the riding on after a large bike crash didn't creat the sort of commentry that someone who was going to s**t himself has.

Last year Nibali said that he really struggled when the race went above 2000m altitude. That was his own excuse for his dismal failings prior to the rest day blood bag, and his miraculous improvement in the 3rd week.

Tonight's stage takes the Giro well above 2000m and stays there. I wonder if we'll see blood bag Nibali, or "I can't breathe the rarified air" Nibali? Anyone taking bets?

Another ripper stage and Dumoulin is out of the maglia rosa (on the road) within the first few kms!!!

Amazing!!

EDIT...attacked whilst laying another cable, according to the Italian media.

EDIT EDIT...the natural break stop theory has just been refuted. Just wasn't paying attention.

Looking forward to the next few hours!

Last edited:
Gonna be an epic finish, has an 89 TDF vibe for sure. Needs to be more ITT last stages in GC's, the final stages are normally a snoozefest, this will go right down to wire. Jungels should probably snatch the white from Yates.

A great finish, and the best man won in the end. I am glad Quintan and Nibali didn't win in the end.

a shame about the crash at the first climb of the Giro, took out Landa and Yates and a couple of others, but a good race none the less.

Great finish to a tight race, like most was pleased to see Dumoulin take it out after the incidents in the past week and a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back