Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't shoot the messenger but I'm not sure vaccines are going to save Gladys.

That messenger is fake news
Well to be clear maybe just an idiot at reading. Clearly says 7 deaths and 460 reported adverse events

That messenger is fake news
Well to be clear maybe just an idiot at reading. Clearly says 7 deaths and 460 reported adverse events
There were over 50,000 adverse reactions; of those 460 reported deaths, of which 7 have been attributed to vaccines.

Pfizer vaccines are not proving to be reliable: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.29.21261317v1.full.pdf

Vaccines are not a silver bullet. Strategy should be focusing on early intervention to avoid hospitalisation.

The latest from The Clenster.

Can't decide whether Gladys is more a mixture between the scarecrow, the lion and the tin man, or the Wicked Witch of the East.

'Many figures – including those found in the pages of the AFR, but some notable ABC personalities too – are pushing the narrative that NSW is boldly leading the way out of this situation, and that any other premier who is still trying to eliminate the virus while the population remains insufficiently vaccinated is some kind of COVID laggard. Berejiklian was keen to push that message today, telling reporters that everyone will eventually have to learn to live with Delta – and that NSW, which has been receiving a greater share of vaccine doses lately, was already doing it. “What I am absolutely convinced about is that NSW can lead the way,” she said. “If we keep people out of hospital, we keep people out of intensive care, we stop people dying, that means we are starting to live with COVID.”

In praising NSW’s approach, Berejiklian’s supporters have been keen to imply that state leaders who are not yet willing to abandon the elimination approach are going to cling fearfully to COVID-zero, even once the Doherty Institute milestones are reached, thus doing the entire nation a disservice. The NSW premier echoed that message, too, with a dig at her fellow premiers. “Australia will need to come to terms with the fact that when you get to a certain level of vaccination and open up, Delta will creep in,” she said. “We can’t pretend that we will have zero cases around Australia with Delta.” Of course, no one credible is pushing for that, much as Berejiklian might like to portray herself as the one fearlessly leading the way. '

'in claiming that other premiers are “pretending” that COVID-zero was a forever goal, the NSW premier and her cheerleaders are creating a straw man, encouraging a ridiculous proposition they can tear down, in order to portray the NSW government as the heroes in all this. Australians were always going to have to learn to live with it. What Berejiklian is asking them to do is to learn to live with her mistakes.'

Can't decide whether Gladys is more a mixture between the scarecrow, the lion and the tin man, or the Wicked Witch of the East.

'Many figures – including those found in the pages of the AFR, but some notable ABC personalities too – are pushing the narrative that NSW is boldly leading the way out of this situation, and that any other premier who is still trying to eliminate the virus while the population remains insufficiently vaccinated is some kind of COVID laggard. Berejiklian was keen to push that message today, telling reporters that everyone will eventually have to learn to live with Delta – and that NSW, which has been receiving a greater share of vaccine doses lately, was already doing it. “What I am absolutely convinced about is that NSW can lead the way,” she said. “If we keep people out of hospital, we keep people out of intensive care, we stop people dying, that means we are starting to live with COVID.”

In praising NSW’s approach, Berejiklian’s supporters have been keen to imply that state leaders who are not yet willing to abandon the elimination approach are going to cling fearfully to COVID-zero, even once the Doherty Institute milestones are reached, thus doing the entire nation a disservice. The NSW premier echoed that message, too, with a dig at her fellow premiers. “Australia will need to come to terms with the fact that when you get to a certain level of vaccination and open up, Delta will creep in,” she said. “We can’t pretend that we will have zero cases around Australia with Delta.” Of course, no one credible is pushing for that, much as Berejiklian might like to portray herself as the one fearlessly leading the way. '

'in claiming that other premiers are “pretending” that COVID-zero was a forever goal, the NSW premier and her cheerleaders are creating a straw man, encouraging a ridiculous proposition they can tear down, in order to portray the NSW government as the heroes in all this. Australians were always going to have to learn to live with it. What Berejiklian is asking them to do is to learn to live with her mistakes.'

Leading the way into the brave new world through incompetence :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Oh Binchicken, your *-ups have ruined every other state; I hope you get spat on at National Cabinet tomorrow (tomorrow?!)

I’d love to see some polling numbers, I’d love to see her fail after this contemptuous failure at public health.

Thats about as silly as saying that many people speed and get away with it which is the government throwing in the towel therefore no-one should take notice of speed limits.

If people had followed the rules even when they werent that restrictive we would have been fine. And even now with stricter rules people still break them.

Victoria goes hard straight away and there are still cases and there is still lockdown. ACT as well. For the 99.999% of the population who dont have COVID its no different.

If the initial cases are with people who do the right thing it doesnt spread. If the initial cases are with *******s then it does spread.
A half-baked lockdown unsurprisingly elicits a half-baked response. :(

There were over 50,000 adverse reactions; of those 460 reported deaths, of which 7 have been attributed to vaccines.

Pfizer vaccines are not proving to be reliable: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.29.21261317v1.full.pdf

Vaccines are not a silver bullet. Strategy should be focusing on early intervention to avoid hospitalisation.
Try real tga data.

Of this there have been (to august 1) only 93 episodes of TTS (ie blood clot)
They do not say (unlike your failure to read) that there are 460 deaths of which 7 were vaccination related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd call bullshit on this as Vic Labor doesn't really have to worry about any opposition. Vic Libs are incompetent
If NSW has a Labor opposition I’ve yet to hear about them from the press here. There appears to be an agreement across the sector to give them zero oxygen and I have no idea why.

How to deal with the Unvaxxed could be a major issue in the upcoming Canadian federal election.
I doubt either political party will touch that. Vaccination passports could be a big issue with Alberta already rejecting any attempts by the federal government.
If NSW has a Labor opposition I’ve yet to hear about them from the press here. There appears to be an agreement across the sector to give them zero oxygen and I have no idea why.
Yeah I haven't either. Unfortunately media has gone to s**t as they are no longer independently reporting and pick a side. However, the daily Press conference is interesting/entertaining

08:02 From The Guardian.
The drums are beating for Gladys.

Rumours Berejiklian may step down are "fanciful", NSW police minister says.

So there has been a rumour floating around in the last few days that preparations and contingency plans might be being made in case the NSW premier, Gladys Berejiklian, get’s the boot. (You know, with the record high case numbers and whatnot.)

But NSW police minister David Elliot has flatly denied that there is any truth to these stories while speaking with Sunrise this morning.

Host Natalie Barr:

There is talk of unhappiness in the government, there is talk of contingency planning on who will lead the state if she steps down. Are you in the running?

Elliot:

You know, if Gladys Berejiklian goes, I will chase her to bring her back.

She has led us with power and intellect, and that is what we need at the moment.

I think that any suggestion that there will be movement at the top is fanciful given that she has shown her metal in this response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back