Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this one soooo wrong.

I thought we would be looking at lower numbers now as last week's restrictions took effect

For the Sydney peeps, what's compliance been like up there this week?
The number of people wearing masks outside has increased noticeably over the last couple of weeks or so, at least in the CBD area. Not so much in some of the eastern suburbs.

Yep, never realised how insular they are. Learn something new every day.

The Weagles massive chip on their shoulder about anything AFL related that doesn't heavily favour them is a very strong indicator of how insular they are, I would have thought. It's them against the evil unfair meany no-Western Australians as far as they are concerned.

The Weagles massive chip on their shoulder about anything AFL related that doesn't heavily favour them is a very strong indicator of how insular they are, I would have thought. It's them against the evil unfair meany no-Western Australians as far as they are concerned.
Tell us about some of the things that heavily favour us he asks the geelong supporter with the best hga in the land, plenty of games at the mcg and f/a travel

Tell us about some of the things that heavily favour us he asks the geelong supporter with the best hga in the land, plenty of games at the mcg and f/a travel
10 genuine home game advantage with a ground that other non WA teams only get to see once every 2 years.
Not to mention that the Weagles are used to traveling every second week while Victorian teams are significantly disadvantaged because of irregular travel, in other words flying to Perth is inherently more difficult than WA teams flying to Melbourne.

Furthermore the maggots are always intimidated and influenced by the partisan WA crowd something that helps Perth team win more games than they deserve over there.

Geelong's home ground advantage is overstated, we play the same crappy teams in 7 of our 11 home games, teams that we would beat regardless of venue. Geelong don't get to play the better bigger Melbourne teams at KP, we are forced to play them in Melbourne instead in what is best described as neutral (being generous here as Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton, etc.. games in Melbourne favour them significantly) games from Geelong's perspective.

Best HGA? You can't be serious. Port, Freo, Ade, WCE, Brisbane, GC, GWS- count how many "home" games you actually get.
Just that we play ordinary teams there.
You guys get more HG's than we do, and you actually play well at your place

10 genuine home game advantage with a ground that other non WA teams only get to see once every 2 years.

Allied to an equal away ground disadvantage + a travel burden

Not to mention that the Weagles are used to traveling every second week while Victorian teams are significantly disadvantaged because of irregular travel, in other words flying to Perth is inherently more difficult than WA teams flying to Melbourne.

This takes the cake this one.

And if we do more weights in the gym do we have an unfair strength advantage?

What about if we run more wind sprints - does this give us an unfair fitness advantage?

What an absolute smoothbrained plonker thing to say.

Furthermore the maggots are always intimidated and influenced by the partisan WA crowd something that helps Perth team win more games than they deserve over there.
Wow so the dockers must be killing it huh?

Oops whats this? Seems geelong get a bit of a leg up
Geelong's home ground advantage is overstated, we play the same crappy teams in 7 of our 11 home games, teams that we would beat regardless of venue. Geelong don't get to play the better bigger Melbourne teams at KP, we are forced to play them in Melbourne instead in what is best described as neutral (being generous here as Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton, etc.. games in Melbourne favour them significantly) games from Geelong's perspective.
Yes its terrible having a genuine hga and getting 2 -3 times as many or more mcg games (where the gf is held ) that ANY interstate team.

We get to play mcg teams in tassie and etihad.

Best HGA? You can't be serious. Port, Freo, Ade, WCE, Brisbane, GC, GWS- count how many "home" games you actually get.
Just that we play ordinary teams there.
You guys get more HG's than we do, and you actually play well at your place
Mate if we had the win loss ratio you lot think we have in perth….

Wed have geelongs at ss

Let’s explore that - my view is that watching the Claytons Lockdown in Sydney/ NSW has infiltrated our psyche
I also think there is some sense of poor behaviour being rewarded. The eastern suburbs of Sydney seem completely at ease, and able to do almost whatever they like with only the most superficial of inconvenience. And yet have seemingly have best access to vaccines in the country.

not saying it’s the case, only that it’s the perception.

our collective resolve was probably quite strong until the last 2 weeks. The 8 days of reduced restrictions may have made it difficult to recommit to lockdown this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think there is some sense of poor behaviour being rewarded. The eastern suburbs of Sydney seem completely at ease, and able to do almost whatever they like with only the most superficial of inconvenience. And yet have seemingly have best access to vaccines in the country.

not saying it’s the case, only that it’s the perception.

our collective resolve was probably quite strong until the last 2 weeks. The 8 days of reduced restrictions may have made it difficult to recommit to lockdown this time.
Add in the noise from Sky and A Grade ********s like Kennett and presto!

Well, if posters like you and Deliverance are any yardstick, it would seem insularity is the wise course.

Allied to an equal away ground disadvantage + a travel burden

This takes the cake this one.

And if we do more weights in the gym do we have an unfair strength advantage?

What about if we run more wind sprints - does this give us an unfair fitness advantage?

What an absolute smoothbrained plonker thing to say.

Wow so the dockers must be killing it huh?

Oops whats this? Seems geelong get a bit of a leg up

Yes its terrible having a genuine hga and getting 2 -3 times as many or more mcg games (where the gf is held ) that ANY interstate team.

We get to play mcg teams in tassie and etihad.

Veering off topic but yes the more practice you get at doing a particular activity the better you get at it such as learning to play an instrument, learning to drive a car, plane, bus, machinery, bookkeeping, writing programming code etc, etc, etc... And yes getting more exposure playing at Melbourne football grounds than the exposure non-Perth teams get at playing Perth venues is an example of that as well.

What's truly a smoothbrained plonker thing to believe is that a team of highly paid pampered professionals are significantly disadvantaged by travelling on first class planes sitting on their arses every 2nd week of the season for just 2 hours. If it were a 10 hour flight Perthlings might have a point but a whinging about a 2 hour flight and arguing that it physically impacts the Weagles' players in a negative way is beyond the pale and down right embarrassing.

On the contrary it is clearly an advantage compared to teams that travel on average just once every month or so in the season and never get to familiarize themselves in any given year all that well with Perth conditions (usually against sold out Perth crowd something that rarely happens in Melbourne, not surprising since footy supporters are spread out over 10 teams) hence why Perth (including other interstate home grounds) grounds are generally fortresses even when the Weagles are crap.

To believe otherwise reeks of a delusional persecution complex that only insecure morons would suffer from.

I'll concede though that interstate teams should get a minimum of 3 MCG games a year but the low crowd attendance gets in the way of that request

Well, if posters like you and Deliverance are any yardstick, it would seem insularity is the wise course.

The feeling is mutual, I'm more than happy for those whingers to stay where they are. Honestly I wish they would secede and start their own league than have to listen to any more of any more of their baseless whinging about how Viccos are jealous of them and out to get the 'exceptional' West Aussies.

The feeling is mutual, I'm more than happy for those whingers to stay where they are. Honestly I wish they would secede and start their own league than have to listen to any more of any more of their baseless whinging about how Viccos are jealous of them and out to get the 'exceptional' West Aussies.
I recommend a good red. Maybe some Enya too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back