2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle Marshall is a great example why we need to move to vfl
Isn't up to the level and would be better off playing on a similarly raw player each week instead of a McBean or Hosie type

WIlliams starting to not give a s**t, how surprising.
When he's traded or delisted at the end of the year there will be plenty of the usual suspect apologists on here claiming that it's proof he was never good enough and he deserved to go for his poor attitude.

That Port side on paper is not a great side, probably 6 or 7 have played an AFL game the rest are amateur league footballers and kids we drafted who have never played against men. Add the fact that Glenelg are a totally committed and united team and the result is not surprising.
However getting pumped every week does nothing for players confidence.

Finlayson is the obvious choice but I would even go Evans/McEntee, this version of Georgiades that is collecting 15+ possessions a game can play small.
With the high press that they play, going 1 taller in the forward 50 probably won’t mean much.

We should still be prioritising drafting for young mids. Other teams bat 6-7 deep. With Wines approaching 30, our top end is elite but soon there will be very little behind it. Playing Sinn at HB is understandable to an extent to get him match fitness, but in the longterm we should prioritise him and Bergman becoming centre square mids.
Boak, Wines, Drew, SPP, Rozee, Butters, Mead, Jackson, Lozeno (but he is a mid/fwd), Narkle, even Huston has gone into the middle previously and potentially even Jones. So I think Port do bat 6/7 deep and have a good age range.

The issues is, A-grade mids don’t stay in the reserves, they get drafted and play AFL. Drew is the exception, whilst I am not yet sold on Mead. Others are simply part-time mids or significant depth.

So, yes they need to draft for natural list aging but it isnt dire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey should be put behind the ball. He’s not a wingman’s butthole, and we’re getting killed in defence.

I don’t understand not playing Sinn or Narkle in the centresquare. The current mids, including Moore, are not at all competitive.

Getting messy now but so many kids, especially in defence, and sub-sanfl level players. No chance of building a side.

Bays getting the rub of the umps since quarter time, just makes it worse.

That stupid last touch rule has killed us today. Too many times we don't get a hand on the ball a it heads out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back